Post Your Recent Purchases!

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
The UPS driver just showed up w/a SouthTown order. 15 more Shocks/inserts... :) So the shelving is currently looking like so.

DSCN1137_zpsb5f0f606.jpg

Unfortunately I'm no good with a camera so that was the best shot out of a few taken. And I've got a dozen or so more to order for the rest of my carts. Time to get a new cart going @ SouthTown. :D

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
The UPS driver just showed up w/a SouthTown order. 15 more Shocks/inserts... :) So the shelving is currently looking like so.

DSCN1137_zpsb5f0f606.jpg

Unfortunately I'm no good with a camera so that was the best shot out of a few taken. And I've got a dozen or so more to order for the rest of my carts. Time to get a new cart going @ SouthTown. :D

Looking good! I need to buy shock boxes, Do they do discounts if we group buy?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looking good! I need to buy shock boxes, Do they do discounts if we group buy?

When Big Bear used to sell the shockboxes he used to give great discounts. I remember paying like $70 shipped for 10 or like $110 for 20 or something, good luck with ST.

FreedomGundam

New Challenger
Longtime lurker, first post here. Just recently scored some relevant gear, and I hope to learn from all the gurus here.

Walked into a local store last week looking for a JAMMA harness, unexpectedly came out with a CPS-2 Super Street Fighter II A+B boards for $50:
haul20131126.jpg

Received these yesterday: CPS-2 Marvel Super Heroes (dirty casing and damaged stick, but works fine) A+B boards, and 1/12-scale Vewlix cabinet model kit:
haul20131202.jpg

Steveotron

n00b
Finally got the scart lead and Ghost Pilots on Friday, but didn't have time to post, now I cant find the photo. Buuuuttt i got these this morning from stevenk on the forums, had a quick blast this morning and im loving SAM SHO II!!! just waiting for KoF 95 and my first Neo Geo buying spree will be complete!!

photo.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
When Jasen Hicks was selling these shock boxes, he would offer discounts. I only ordered 20 and the discount already put it under 7 bucks a pop.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager

DSCN1137_zpsb5f0f606.jpg

very nice, but isn't puzzle bobble and bust a move the same game?

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
very nice, but isn't puzzle bobble and bust a move the same game?

Yes. That was me being a dumb noob. Not realizing that they were exactly the same game I bought BAM when I found out my PB had problems with the audio on my MV1C. I thought BAM would be slightly different and maybe not have the same issue. Yeah...

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Finally got the scart lead and Ghost Pilots on Friday, but didn't have time to post, now I cant find the photo. Buuuuttt i got these this morning from stevenk on the forums, had a quick blast this morning and im loving SAM SHO II!!! just waiting for KoF 95 and my first Neo Geo buying spree will be complete!!

View attachment 8982

Some nice starter games there for sure, SSK2 is a great soccer game! I prefer the original so if you like the sequel be sure to pick up that one too!

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
My ebay get. $200 shipped. Not the greatest price, but I am happy with it and plan to tear it up this weekend.
gp92Fx7.jpg

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
GohanX had his package delivered today so hopefully he posts up in this thread.

fluxcore

Another Striker
Just received the following:

Korean AES, 2 sticks, Cyber Lip (JP), Samurai Spirits (JP insert [katana battle action game!] with english SamSho manual, huh???), AoF, and FFS.

The other images I've seen of Korean AESes have the korean writing above NEO-GEO (which is in silver), this one does not, but does have the VIC-A in the top right corner:

And the label on the back:

No serial number (boo), DC 10V 1A. I'm guessing the seller supplied a non-official adaptor, because it says 12V 780mA. A little worried about that one - I might try a Megadrive 1 adaptor (10VA 1.2A) instead.

Peering through the cart slot I see a 3-6 pcb version number.

Other oddities, the AV cable that came with it is a 5-pin DIN terminating in 4 wires (black, white, red, yellow). Might bust out a multimeter before plugging those in - I think one must be +5V from the pinout, don't want to get the wrong one.

One of the sticks is a lot looser than the other, might need some new microswitches or spring or something. The other one feels quite good, however both the plugs are a little mashed and need a bit of TLC.

I intend to chuck a unibios in this, maybe put some line out stereo ports too, I guess it'll need a 60Hz mod too. After searching here, I see more questions about Korean AESes than answers, so if anyone wants PCB pics or whatever, I can do that.

For now I'll be using composite, but end game is to connect it up to a GBS-8200+SLG combo. From what I understand, I'll need to do some sync stripping for the RGB, but I can't find an LM1881n locally :(

Oh, and the bundle was the rough equivalent of $260USD. I'm a little disappointed by the cables situation though. But nuts to all that, I have an AES!!

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
The Last of Us for PS3(bought on blackfriday promotion lol)
Broken Metal slug 2(goes straight to cross hatch) to repair my other broken metal slug 2(sound issues) and fix my metal slug X(Dead altera chip) cart lol.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Longtime lurker, first post here. Just recently scored some relevant gear, and I hope to learn from all the gurus here.

Walked into a local store last week looking for a JAMMA harness, unexpectedly came out with a CPS-2 Super Street Fighter II A+B boards for $50:
haul20131126.jpg

Received these yesterday: CPS-2 Marvel Super Heroes (dirty casing and damaged stick, but works fine) A+B boards, and 1/12-scale Vewlix cabinet model kit:
haul20131202.jpg
Just where the hell in Montreal did you find this? I can't PM you, for some reasons.

FreedomGundam

New Challenger
Just where the hell in Montreal did you find this? I can't PM you, for some reasons.
Sorry, should've specified: only the SSF2 A+B was local; the stuff in the Marvel Super Heroes picture came from online from various sources.

So jealous.
Jealous of me having a local store that carries JAMMA harnesses? Bah, don't be. The store mainly stocks parts for pinball, foosball, air hockey, pool tables, etc. They have a VERY small selection of arcade-related stuff, so mostly American/Happ-style things, with a handful of Sanwa parts as well, but that's about it. I rarely ever go there anyways, primarily because its only open for business Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 5pm.

I got lucky with the CPS-2 SSF2; I was talking to the owner of the store about kick-harnesses since he didn't have any JAMMA harnesses in stock, and since he said he wasn't familiar with kick harnesses, he pulled out a CPS-2 set from under the table to ask me to clarify for him. Turns out he was just holding onto it for an old friend who used to be an operator, so I asked if it was for sale. A phone call later, he asks for $50 for the set, and his friend comes over with a JAMMA harness for me. Really lucky score on my part, but I don't think this is a regular occurence there.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
GohanX had his package delivered today so hopefully he posts up in this thread.

I will when I get a chance, I was busy putting your system back together! Tonight I'm planning on modding a Tekken Hybrid TE stick for use on the Neo (it's all black with no logos, perfect.) Pics will come eventually!

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I will when I get a chance, I was busy putting your system back together! Tonight I'm planning on modding a Tekken Hybrid TE stick for use on the Neo (it's all black with no logos, perfect.) Pics will come eventually!

Can't wait to see it brotha and when my package arrives on Saturday I will post up some pics.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member

Sweet! What kind of stick / buttons did you use?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The Tekken Hybrid is a limited edition Madcatz TE stick, so it's got all sanwa in it. It's completely black, except for a Namco logo on the side, and looks like sex. It's a fingerprint magnet though.

Not mine:

Arcade-Stick-Tekken-Hybrid.jpg