Post Your Recent Purchases!

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Oh, good, another "purchase" post from you. How new and fresh.

As long as you get them before someone else does, it doesn't matter if you're looking for them or not, right, asshole??

I'm sure that will only increase in value when you go to resell it in another month or so, right??

What's with all the hate?

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I also got a component cable for my PSP. I keep on missing out on the SNES version of X and wanted to play.

Last edited:

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I also got a component cable for my PSP. I keep on missing out on the SNES version of X and wanted to play.

SNES Dracula X is actually a different game with the same name. The PC Engine / PSP game is the better one IMHO, but you should still play the SNES game if you get a chance.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, you aren't missing a thing. SNES Dracula X is HORRID, probably the worst game in the series. It's one of the few games that has literally put me to sleep.

On the other hand, PSP Dracula X remake is pretty decent, and eventually you unlock the PCE version, which is the best game ever.

Also, that PSP FF4 port is excellent. I wouldn't recommend playing FF4 and the After Years consecutively though, you'll get burned out. Both of them combined is about a 60 hour game.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
I agree on Dracula X, one of my top five all time favourite games. The remake though, I hated it, just felt wrong. Was there ever a way to bypass having to play it through to get the PCE unlock? That was the only reason I bought it, but it got shelved when I realised the original wasn't available from the get go.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I am renouncing my collectard ways...

everdrives.jpg

...except for JP MD ;)

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Yeah, you aren't missing a thing. SNES Dracula X is HORRID, probably the worst game in the series. It's one of the few games that has literally put me to sleep.

Of course the PCE title is a more complete game, with better level design and an outstanding ost.

I love how in few years Konami made several iterations of the franchise:
SCIV is a relaxing game and with a unique atmosphere
Dracula X is a challenging and explorative masterpiece
CV Bloodlines has an arcade/action direction
Dracula XX is tough and faithful to his roots (my favourite for a fast run)

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Dracula XX is tough and faithful to his roots (my favourite for a fast run)

Absolutely, a 1 credit clear on XX is very rewarding, since the length/difficulty ratio is perfect. For more challenge, you head for a 1 life clear and take the non-rescue routes. It's a puristic arcade experience then. The X68K/PS1 remake of the first one is quite similar in that regard, but a tad too long.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

On the other hand, PSP Dracula X remake is pretty decent, and eventually you unlock the PCE version, which is the best game ever.

Also, that PSP FF4 port is excellent. I wouldn't recommend playing FF4 and the After Years consecutively though, you'll get burned out. Both of them combined is about a 60 hour game.
I'm not gonna praise Dracula XX over Rondo, but the game is still good and far from the worse Castlevania in the series. I'd think you know better than that...but then again you a Cenation drone.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
I agree on Dracula X, one of my top five all time favourite games. The remake though, I hated it, just felt wrong. Was there ever a way to bypass having to play it through to get the PCE unlock? That was the only reason I bought it, but it got shelved when I realised the original wasn't available from the get go.

Have a look around the net (Gamefaqs etc.) for a PSP Chronicles save file. Pretty sure I downloaded a 100% complete file that had the PCE/SOTN games unlocked! Just drag and drop onto your memory card. It was a pain in the ass trying to gain access actually having to play through the remake.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Have a look around the net (Gamefaqs etc.) for a PSP Chronicles save file. Pretty sure I downloaded a 100% complete file that had the PCE/SOTN games unlocked! Just drag and drop onto your memory card. It was a pain in the ass trying to gain access actually having to play through the remake.

You don't have to play through the whole game to unlock SOTN or Rondo.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'm not gonna praise Dracula XX over Rondo, but the game is still good and far from the worse Castlevania in the series. I'd think you know better than that...but then again you a Cenation drone.

Agreed. I've had it since it came out on SNES and it's a fantastic yet more rigid Castlevania game as it lost the whip mechanics of SCV4. Sure it may not be as large as the PCE CD title, lack the cut scenes and CD audio but it is by no means a bad or even a poor title as it's quite good. I owned both at the time as I once had a Turbo Duo long ago and both of them are solid games in their own right.

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
I've been keeping an eye out there for awhile. No luck so far. You've given me hope :)

That's awesome! Nothing like wondering if you should look for one and you already have it :) Looks like all the questions people had have been answered. I took some super quick pics comparing the 3 different models. I want to do an in depth comparison for the CRT fetish thread, but I need to get my picture settings down before I do that. its such a pain in the ass to photograph CRTs. These are quick and dirty, so they aren't the greatest, but here you go. All the same settings using RGB on a PVM-14M4U.

Original 2-chip SNES
View attachment 43521

SNES Mini
View attachment 43522

1CHIP SNES
View attachment 43523

Are those all unmodded? I tried out a 1 chip and on my normal Sony Trinitron CRT did not really notice a difference between that and the normal snes I had forever which was not a 1 chip (both were though crappy aftermarket S-Video cable). Is that something that only shows through on a PVM?

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Needs a recap with regard to the sound but otherwise is in good shape.

a743Jj0.jpg

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I want a pvm but can not find them up here in the northwest very easily certainly not in idaho. And getting one any way other than local sounds crazy
I won a sega saturn recently on ebay that needs some work not reading discs looking forward to restoring it and starting to collect agian with the help of luke morse and his youtube channel

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Agreed. I've had it since it came out on SNES and it's a fantastic yet more rigid Castlevania game as it lost the whip mechanics of SCV4. Sure it may not be as large as the PCE CD title, lack the cut scenes and CD audio but it is by no means a bad or even a poor title as it's quite good. I owned both at the time as I once had a Turbo Duo long ago and both of them are solid games in their own right.

It's more then just lack of cut scenes and cd audio. Rondo blows Dracula X away in every category. The only other Castlevania game that could compete with Rondo is SOTN but I still prefer Rondo. I do think Dracula X is a good, not great game. Would rather play Bloodlines.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Crime Wave, on VHS.

crimewave.jpg

For those who don't know, Here is the official description for it from Shout Factory, who also has it on blu ray now. I should pick that up actually now that I think about it.

"After the success of their cult hit, The Evil Dead producer Robert Tapert and director Sam Raimi made Crimewave their next feature film. Also along from the ride is their Evil Dead leading man Bruce Campbell, who plays a supporting role. Writing the film along with Raimi is Ethan Coen and Joel Coen (The Big Lebowski, Fargo and Raising Arizona).

In a nod to film noir, a businessman hires two inept "exterminators" to kill his business partner in a burglar-alarm company, but his dim-witted wife witnesses the crime and becomes their next target, along with the nerd framed for the murder."

I love this movie. It has some rough spots though, but overall is a lot of fun.