Post Your Recent Purchases!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
First time I laid eyes on Futari was a fellow member here Saturn2Dfreak brought the PCB over...dude I was sold in 10 seconds, what an experience.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Been a while since i picked up some MD games.
These came up for decent prices so i couldn't resist, and work's been good so i had some spare cash.

20170315_173857.jpg

Alien storm was very cheap and an absolute blast
Midnight resistance and sailor moon bishoujo senshi i've been after at a tidy price for ages.
Finally got them for roughly what i was willing to pay for them.
Both great games but crying out for a 2 player.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Looks like the SNES I've had as my main playing console was already a 1chip model:
snes.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
It took me a little longer to track down a 1-Chip Super Famicom, but they are out there too.

I've been keeping an eye out there for awhile. No luck so far. You've given me hope :)

Looks like the SNES I've had as my main playing console was already a 1chip model:

I was pleasantly surprised

That's awesome! Nothing like wondering if you should look for one and you already have it :) Looks like all the questions people had have been answered. I took some super quick pics comparing the 3 different models. I want to do an in depth comparison for the CRT fetish thread, but I need to get my picture settings down before I do that. its such a pain in the ass to photograph CRTs. These are quick and dirty, so they aren't the greatest, but here you go. All the same settings using RGB on a PVM-14M4U.

Original 2-chip SNES
regular.jpg

SNES Mini
mini.jpg

1CHIP SNES
1chip.jpg

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Even the regular mini looks better than the regular SNES, thanks for sharing!

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Even the regular mini looks better than the regular SNES, thanks for sharing!

It's still been RGB modded so not out of the box mini which doesn't have RGB as standard.

The mini is suppose to be the best/clearest but looking at the pics, the 1CHIP is richer in colour and clear.

I have quite a few SNES/SFC consoles and so will have to check the mobo.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
8e5920b877ead5951c92200225788781.jpg

Picked up two more PVM today.
These 2 are the M series PVM-20M4A with 800 lines of goodness which is same spec as the 14" I picked up on Tuesday. Amazing picture from these monitors and both in excellent condition. I also have a BVM and the tube in these is exactly the same. They have a built in mono speaker which is also very handy.
It's quite funny as they both still had the cam number and cameraman name stuck on the bezel :glee:

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Got these in the past two days- Gaia Crusaders and Gunbird 2. Got these from Sheep_nova on ebay aka excellent.com.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Looking for at least a 20'' or bigger. Not easy to find PVM's in this neck of the woods.

But this is what I've managed to source thus far. Will probably sell to fund for a future "upgrade". I'll see what else is out there.

14ecnzq.jpg

Also picked up a 2600 Jr.

2z8w11c.jpg

And some other odds and ends.

2qmopzq.jpg

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
8e5920b877ead5951c92200225788781.jpg

Picked up two more PVM today.
These 2 are the M series PVM-20M4A with 800 lines of goodness which is same spec as the 14" I picked up on Tuesday. Amazing picture from these monitors and both in excellent condition. I also have a BVM and the tube in these is exactly the same. They have a built in mono speaker which is also very handy.
It's quite funny as they both still had the cam number and cameraman name stuck on the bezel :glee:

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
I was thinking of getting that same stand for the same purpose, I have a couple of PVMs and this thing could be pretty decent.

Looking for at least a 20'' or bigger. Not easy to find PVM's in this neck of the woods.

But this is what I've managed to source thus far. Will probably sell to fund for a future "upgrade". I'll see what else is out there.

14ecnzq.jpg
I want one of them smallies so bad! THey don't use them at WWE anymore :(

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I was thinking of getting that same stand for the same purpose, I have a couple of PVMs and this thing could be pretty decent.

That stand is not bad for the $$ EG. There is a bit of sideways flex with the 3 heavy monitors on top but it does the trick.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm only planning on using it for 2, so maybe I'll get away with less flexing?

There's also the individual towers, this line of shelves has all kinds of setups, cheap, modular and easy. My concern lies with the depth of the monitors, do they fit ok or does the back of the monitors hang a bit far?

Edit: I was also thinking of building my own TV cart but this solution is so much easier and cheaper, maybe in the future I'll build something, but for now this looks like a winner.

Last edited:

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

14ecnzq.jpg

Also picked up a 2600 Jr.

2z8w11c.jpg

And some other odds and ends.

2qmopzq.jpg

Nice finds, great equipment there!

Nice finds. Been hitting up the TV studios eh?

Persistence has been the key, I also may have connections in some interesting places ;)

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
A few pick-ups from the last month or so:

Shantae is a really nice physical release for the PS4.
https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/ps4shantae01.jpg?w=917

Disk, manual and sound track.
https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/ps4shantae02.jpg?w=917

Some Genesis games and a Brazil SMS game.
https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/misc-games.jpg?w=917

I'm not looking hard for 32x games but when they come my way for a good price I'll pick them up. The prototype cart was a very nice freebie thrown in from the guy I bought Divine Sealing from. The Proto is from the Super Fighter Team version of Star Odyssey.

https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/32x-and-star-proto.jpg?w=917

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent

Shantae is a really nice physical release for the PS4.
https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/ps4shantae01.jpg?w=917

Disk, manual and sound track.
https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/ps4shantae02.jpg?w=917

Some Genesis games and a Brazil SMS game.
https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/misc-games.jpg?w=917

I'm not looking hard for 32x games but when they come my way for a good price I'll pick them up. The prototype cart was a very nice freebie thrown in from the guy I bought Divine Sealing from. The Proto is from the Super Fighter Team version of Star Odyssey.

https://thesegacollection.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/32x-and-star-proto.jpg?w=917

I heard shantae is a great game!! Those are some crazy lookin sega games. Where did you get em??

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

Oh, good, another "purchase" post from you. How new and fresh.

I'm not looking hard for 32x games but when they come my way for a good price I'll pick them up.

As long as you get them before someone else does, it doesn't matter if you're looking for them or not, right, asshole??

The prototype cart was a very nice freebie thrown in from the guy I bought Divine Sealing from. The Proto is from the Super Fighter Team version of Star Odyssey.

I'm sure that will only increase in value when you go to resell it in another month or so, right??

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Kind of curious but in US dollars what would be considered average vs good deal vs getting screwed on the price of a PVM anyway on the various sizes?

I've never seen them around here for years but recently someone popped one up on craigslist but the price looked high to me as it just sat there.