Post Your Recent Purchases!

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Picked up a couple of PVM crt monitors to join the big Sony PVM 2730qm.
A JVC TH1750CGA and a Sony PVM 14M4A. The Sony has an exceptional picture with 800 lines of resolution. The JVC has 750 lines. Both are a step above the bigger PVM in picture quality which clocks in at 600 lines.

f75fcc160fc49f50d2a170d83f46f357.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Got lucky & bought a complete copy of Card Fighters Clash for $10 on eBay yesterday. I guess I own two now, but it's nice to have a box & manual, even if one of the flaps has a tear in it. I'm really hoping the prices stay down. What people are paying for Metal Slug 2nd Mission lately scare me.

View attachment 43436

View attachment 43437

I saw SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters' Clash in my local CEX shop - they were asking for £78 ($150) for it. WTF

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5055000800346A#.WMhXWYXXLIU

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Those Gradius Jackets are insane! Get some sweet Pilot Ray Bans for them, blue leather...

Edit:
Ray-Ban-Craft-Outdoorsman-II-Aviators-1.jpg

...destroy them all indeed.

Last edited:

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
damn will, hella rich kid status!!!

Thanks bro! I work hard for my toys! Seriously, no BS I got it for only 50 bucks on Offer Up mind you his asking price because the monitor which the seller referenced as a tube crt was blown. Found it within 20 minutes of it being posted up and picked it up an hour later local to my area. They say every dog has its day and that day was mine!

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
That windex part of the protection plan?

Because windex is the hero stable air deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt it. Because windex can take it. Because windex is not our hero. It's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Oh shit, another SCREAM Factory lover! I thought it was just me and Pixeljunkie. I love Return of the living dead and body snatchers. Awesome pickups.

I too enjoy Scream Factory, most of their releases aren't nearly as good as Arrow's UK releases though, so I'll usually import those instead, their directors cut of NightBreed and Lord of Illusions are awesome and probably the best sets available for those films, they also seem to be good to their following, like when the Limited edition of nightbreed sold out they upped the order to 10,000 instead of the original 5,000, I don't like that a lot of their releases don't have subtitles and their reason for it is basically that they can't afford it

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
My long search for a 1-CHIP SNES is over. I usually hit up a bunch of thrift stores and pawn shops after work just to see what they have. The pawn shop that usually never has anything had it and for a pretty cheap price. It's a bit discolored but it doesn't have a single scratch on it. I took it apart and cleaned it out spotlessly. I now have a 1-CHIP and a Mini. I'm excited to see the difference. I will probably post some comparison pics in the CRT fetish thread when I have some time to do it. The one knockoff controller that came with it is awful lol.

20170312_002419_zpsw66nrbrg.jpg

20170311_154425_zpsy4dpsamp.jpg

20170311_151847_zpsbhywxrjk.jpg

I've got a handful of snes' lying around the house, what makes the 1chip model different from your average snes? I'll dig around and see if one of mine has that as well

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I've got a handful of snes' lying around the house, what makes the 1chip model different from your average snes? I'll dig around and see if one of mine has that as well

RGB video quality is much better with the 1 Chip models. That makes them highly sought after.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Also the 1CHIP if I remember right had the least damaged/clear visuals of any hardware package. I saw some comparisons a few years back when I scored one on dumb luck (if you want to find one, and someone hasn't pieced together a box set, the DK Super Set all has them, KI as well too I believe.) If anyone really wants to see it in action look at this long video clip (or just for the obvious, go to TMNT4 around the 4min mark, specifically level 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVf_lFvoKJE

With the 1CHIP you get the benefits of: Sharper image quality, reduced vertical bar center of screen(load up FF3 title lighting screen to see it), better color quality(less muted/washed out.)

Not seen in that is that the non 1CHIP systems has a bit of interference not seen in the video, but in FF3 during the opening title/lightning bit you'll notice on a TV a big white line straight down the middle row of pixels on your TV caused I believe by some interference which the 1CHIP cleans up too. The MINI is virtually identical to the 1CHIP in design so either is pretty acceptable, but if you want an old style system (perference or RGB/s-video modding reasons) only the 1CHIP works.