Post Your Recent Purchases!

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Some of the more unusual stuff that came in...

Super Famicom Street Fighter 2 Turbo HyperFighting Chun Li display standee

New2_IMG_2010_zps9spdlr4a.jpg~original

Wave SEGA Astro City model kit with Raspberry Pi and a bunch of vert games/shmups loaded. Playable via a bluetooth pad/stick. More of a cool novelty than a proper way to play ;)

New4_IMG_2122_zpsrviyxzl9.jpg~original

New3_IMG_2103_zps3r15reyz.jpg~original

New5_IMG_2132_zpszdakfk1v.jpg~original

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
What amazes me the most is not the stuff you receive but that someone actually kept it, cared for it and then you found it for sale. I'm talking about that chun li display specifically.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Some of the more unusual stuff that came in...

Super Famicom Street Fighter 2 Turbo HyperFighting Chun Li display standee

New2_IMG_2010_zps9spdlr4a.jpg~original

Wave SEGA Astro City model kit with Raspberry Pi and a bunch of vert games/shmups loaded. Playable via a bluetooth pad/stick. More of a cool novelty than a proper way to play ;)

New4_IMG_2122_zpsrviyxzl9.jpg~original

New3_IMG_2103_zps3r15reyz.jpg~original

New5_IMG_2132_zpszdakfk1v.jpg~original

:buttrock:

i for one one of definitely grab that chun li display. brings back so much memories.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
What amazes me the most is not the stuff you receive but that someone actually kept it, cared for it and then you found it for sale. I'm talking about that chun li display specifically.

I imagine the seller had to clean a bunch of stains off of it.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
GPD XD Plus

CqJDyGK.jpg

uv9Dbnk.jpg

iWyyIEe.jpg

vQMbBZt.jpg

raz7Tox.jpg

zSc5OGe.jpg

J3Bfasd.jpg

Technical Specifications
Internal Storage: 32GB, expandable using a MicroSD Card
RAM: 4GB LPDDR3
CPU: Mediatek MT8176, Hexa Core, 2x 1.8GHz@A72 + 4x 1.7GHz@A53
GPU: PowerVR GX6250 @ 600 Mhz with Vulkan Support
Operating System: Android 7 Nougat
Touch System: 5-point all function touch screen
Screen: 5.0-inch (H-IPS) Touch Screen
Resolution: 1280x720
Battery: 6000mAh Built-in rechargeable lithium-polymer battery;
Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
Wireless: Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual band 2.4 Ghz. and 5 Ghz. Bluetooth 4.1
TV-OUT: Support HDMI 2.0, up to 2500 x 1600
Connector: USB2.0 High Speed
3.5-mm stereo headphone mini jack
TF Card Slot,Max 128GB
OTG
Dimensions and Weight: 155 x 89 x 24 mm, 300g

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Nice! I want to get the new GPD Win that came out this year. It's amazing what it PC games it can run. How do the specs on this one compare vs the latest Win (with keyboard)?

On a side note got a new bartop today! Plan to redo the whole thing with new marque, panel overlay, and sides. Might rip out the guts and put a PC or MVS one slot in there. The games list on this Pandora is pretty impressive, but at the end of the day it's a Pandora box with all it's short comings and limited configurability.

However, I'm pretty impressed with how solid and sturdy it is (wood). The sound quality is amazing and with deep bass. The insides are super clean and tidy too. Not bad for $325 shipped.

New1_image3_zpsjgml4rri.jpg~original

Last edited:

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Nice! I want to get the new GPD Win that came out this year. It's amazing what it PC games it can run. How do the specs on this one compare vs the latest Win (with keyboard)?

The GPD Win 2 isn't officially out for a few more weeks.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I really good afternoon of thrifting today. I usually do not find much but today I found something at every store I went in- and only spent $5.20 total on everything. Took me back to the pre-smartphone days of hitting up the thrifts and finding random stuff and not spending much. The craziest part is this morning I was reading up on board games and even bumped the thread here. The main reason I stopped at all of them was the hope of finding a board decent game- and I did (I think) :lolz: No holy grails or anything, but this was probably the most fun thrifting I've had in years

UoIobO7.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The kind who already told the public he found it and knows that someone will be asking questions if he doesn’t. I practically live-streamed it and had it uploading to Facebook and YouTube within seconds of recording it.

While it could be “decades old” there’s just as much reason to think it was recently snatched off a front porch and traded in without hesitation barely over a week ago. These articles about drugs in NES game paks are not even two weeks before my find and they are definitely talking about a recent operation (one that has resorted to 3D printing fake NES game Pak shells):
https://kotaku.com/suspected-drug-dealers-arrested-hiding-cocaine-lsd-ins-1823875295
http://www.konbini.com/us/lifestyle/drug-dealers-nintendo-game-cartridges

It was almost a year ago when Mexican customs seized live spiders hidden inside Famicom games:
https://kotaku.com/live-spiders-found-smuggled-inside-bootleg-nintendo-car-1795113221
Obviously, the “live” spiders aren’t decades old.

All those Silk Road/Bitcoin users are probably attracted by the empty space, tamper-resistant screws, and enduring value that won’t arouse suspicion when shipped around in the mail.

Earliest report I can find of similar activity is the NintendoAge member who found $5K in Golf for NES (yes: same title as one of mine):
https://imgur.com/gallery/1oXvy
https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/z52pp/5000_found_in_a_nes_game_updated_pic/
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=1&catid=10&threadid=82952

My Golf cart probably made a round trip, first carrying payment and then carrying the packets.

Got a lot of offers to “make it disappear” before we even identified it. ;)

If it were a copy of Stadium Events inside I totally would’ve fenced that shiz. Probably could’ve bought two copies with the street value of this if I was ready for that kind of life.

Quoting before paranoid android deletes it.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
IMG_0214.md.jpg

What you guys think of the blue/red? I did have black balltops, but figured 1p/2p might look nice like that. Just got my other set of Sanwa OBSF24's in and a bunch of quick-disconnects... so much wiring will be going on for the next few days.

That's badass!!!!

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
nice purchase @ SD.
got a pair of boxed blue vmus and a pair of green in a matching pad. (no caps with green vmus.)
picked them up a while ago.
good score. :D

CZroe

Zero's Secretary
Quoting before paranoid android deletes it.
Why would I delete it? Once the cat was out of the bag on local social media (public live stream), I needed to spread this publicly as a deterrent to local junkies. I WANT these people to know that I called the police and don't have it anymore so that they don't show up here looking for it. The police stopped me from saying that for a full week and that week is over. Pretty simple.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Why would I delete it? Once the cat was out of the bag on local social media (public live stream), I needed to spread this publicly as a deterrent to local junkies. I WANT these people to know that I called the police and don't have it anymore so that they don't show up here looking for it. The police stopped me from saying that for a full week and that week is over. Pretty simple.

Lol. Dude they won't show up for the drugs. You got video games that can be sold. You really are dense.