Post Your Recent Purchases!

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
This caught my eye at the local thrift store the other day so I decided to bite. Panasonic 42" plasma broadcast monitor with RGB input.

AF78542B-DFF9-4173-97D6-C858C0229C0A.jpeg
AD9FFCD2-A622-4529-AE18-DFD159AE2869.jpeg

Tbh having a bit of buyers remorse. This thing is massive and the picture is nothing compared to my PVM. Maybe I just need to dial it in more, who knows.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
This caught my eye at the local thrift store the other day so I decided to bite. Panasonic 42" plasma broadcast monitor with RGB input.

View attachment 56147
View attachment 56148

Tbh having a bit of buyers remorse. This thing is massive and the picture is nothing compared to my PVM. Maybe I just need to dial it in more, who knows.
If this is HD Ready and not Full HD (I don't know how old it is), it might be absolutely worth keeping for playing games at 720p pixel-perfect native resolution, through VGA or HDMI input. After all, lots of X360 and PS3 stuff runs at 720p. A friend of mine got a similar Panasonic plasma and he'll never get rid of it, just for that reason (you could also rotate it and use it for vertical shooters).

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

I’m in a similar situation and wondering what kind of use case would be good for it. HD gen console gaming? TTX2? TV? If you come up with anything, HMU.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
If this is HD Ready and not Full HD (I don't know how old it is), it might be absolutely worth keeping for playing games at 720p pixel-perfect native resolution, through VGA or HDMI input. After all, lots of X360 and PS3 stuff runs at 720p. A friend of mine got a similar Panasonic plasma and he'll never get rid of it, just for that reason (you could also rotate it and use it for vertical shooters).
Thanks for that feedback, that's what I was hoping to hear. It sounds like PS3/X360 would be the best use case for this monitor.
I’m in a similar situation and wondering what kind of use case would be good for it. HD gen console gaming? TTX2? TV? If you come up with anything, HMU.
Yeah other than some good ole late '00s gaming, I'm not sure what else. I mostly play my cabs when I do play games, or would stick to CRT for anything pre-2000s.

I'm only into this thing for about about the price of a six pack, so I'll probably just post it locally for what I got it for.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
OG Xbox rombox with these settings implemented:

720p
Simple 2x
Flicker filter zero
Soften turned off
Hardware filtering point

Look *great* on those plasmas.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
8D775319-17CD-4004-8D61-09FE43F118DA.jpeg
It was my birthday so I spent a little 😅.
Almost all was purchased with birthday, mining or eBay money so I didn’t really feel it.
It was also Comic-Con Brussels so I got some of the more esoteric stuff there.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Got some new DDR pads. Been waiting forever to find some proper ones.

These came from a guy in Akron OH that operates under "dungeon studios prototyping."
Oh man those look good! I have been trying to find nice arcade quality pads for The Game Room. I don’t see a link to order them. Do you mind sharing the price?

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Grabbed myself a MKII PCB for a deconversion project I have in my arcade. One big step closer to getting a dedicated fighting game cab in the arcade!

E212BABB-6D33-44DF-BB4D-A341940AE3E6.jpg

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Pana custom... nice :D
I had to dig it out because MKII needed the voltage dead on and the Pana was the easiest to dial in for testing. I still need to get a new harness for it to include the kick buttons…

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Oh man those look good! I have been trying to find nice arcade quality pads for The Game Room. I don’t see a link to order them. Do you mind sharing the price?
They were 300 usd each plus shipping, which was about 50 per pad.

They're very solid, but definitely could use some minor tweaks. Still, they have 4 sensors per arrow like an arcade pad, are arduino Leonardo controlled (acts as usb keyboard), and the guy is definitely passionate about it. My tweaks would be just silencing the bottom of the travel more and making the arrows sink just a little less when you have full weight on them. All in all recommended and interested to see where this guy takes this, as my pads were rounding out the 1st 70 he made.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Got all these games over last few days, I actually sold my complete copy of Alien Soldier to a good friend last week. I have sold alot of games lately but this game hit me hard with sellers remorse. I had to get it back everything else I sold I'm good with. So I picked up these.

Genesis (C.I.B.)

Gunstar Heroes
Sunset Riders
Gaiares

MD (C.I.B.)

Alien Soldier
Verytex
Dahna megami tanjou

Snes:

Aero Fighters (loose)

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
So last weekend was the Retro Day in Belgian thrift stores. They basically hog all the good stuff for this day. It is been getting less and less interesting each year bud I still managed to find some stuff. For me, it is like the Worldcup final. I race around my town visiting over ten stores. Anyway this is my haul.
I also got a fat stack of vinyl but was too lazy to take a picture of that.

Attachments

• IMG_1951.jpg
    IMG_1951.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
It is. He has had a haircut but you basically never see them around here, that is why I picked him up

I'm not sure how it is with street sharks, but I know of a lot of toys you can put new replacement hair into. I see it done pretty often in toy restoration videos.