Post Your Recent Purchases!

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Something a little different. The Fifth Element is one of my favorites and so I'm huge sucker for anything cool relating to the movie - and something very cool did come out recently from Zavvi - a super duper set that includes a *metal* mooooltipass. The one on the right is what the steelbook inside looks like (this is like my 5th SB for this movie, just ridiculous). In between those two is a stone cold De Palma classic with tour de force performances from Pacino and Penn (didn't realize it was him until midway through the first time) and Leguizamo is fantastic as Benny Blanco (from the Bronx of course). A really nice new set from Arrow with newly commissioned artwork and goodies and most importantly, the original 2.0 theatrical mix.

PXL_20230924_215404719.jpg

A really nice touch on The Fifth Element set that made me smile:

PXL_20230924_215916512.jpg

Edit: I wasn't actually kidding, I now have 5 SBs for the movie (although the last two are the same since the box set SB is the same as the individual):

FifthElementSBs.jpg

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
OG triple OG
The BD remaster of The Thing is superior in every possible way I seriously do not understand why you bought and even less actually went to the effort to watch the vhs upscaled jesus fucking christ I think I'm gonna be sick.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Something a little different. The Fifth Element is one of my favorites and so I'm huge sucker for anything cool relating to the movie - and something very cool did come out recently from Zavvi - a super duper set that includes a *metal* mooooltipass. The one on the right is what the steelbook inside looks like (this is like my 5th SB for this movie, just ridiculous). In between those two is a stone cold De Palma classic with tour de force performances from Pacino and Penn (didn't realize it was him until midway through the first time) and Leguizamo is fantastic as Benny Blanco (from the Bronx of course). A really nice new set from Arrow with newly commissioned artwork and goodies and most importantly, the original 2.0 theatrical mix.

View attachment 68286

A really nice touch on The Fifth Element set that made me smile:

View attachment 68287

Edit: I wasn't actually kidding, I now have 5 SBs for the movie (although the last two are the same since the box set SB is the same as the individual):

View attachment 68288
Yikes, they put the old captain who was killed by Evil early in the film on the cover art over the other military guy who had a much larger role.

I wonder what happened to that actor. Oh, he died two years after 5th Element. Bummer. Looks like he had high hopes for his career after this.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
BIGGER BADDER BETTER :geek:

index.php

IMG_20230928_193026924.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230928_193004436.jpg
    IMG_20230928_193004436.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 204

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Not really a purchase, but Mugicha gave me his Kraylix a few weeks ago. I’ve since spent just about every free moment of daylight I’ve had prepping it for paint. I sanded, bondoed, and painted it with automotive paint and clearcoat, and polished the top surface to a mirror finish. The screen is on a rotating mount for easy Tate-ing. The controls are connected to two Brook UFBs. Feels pretty great but I need to get some more comfortable seats.

Pardon the mess, I put it in it junk room where boxes go to die.

Attachments

• IMG_1806.jpeg
    IMG_1806.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1808.jpeg
    IMG_1808.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1809.jpeg
    IMG_1809.jpeg
    400.5 KB · Views: 33

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
The JP part of the GBA collection gets some love this time. There are some amazing Japanese releases that never made it stateside and don't have much of a (or no) language barrier.

When I put together my collection many moons ago, I was a fan of the Kuru Kuru games - really fun puzzle games involving this rotor thing is the best way I can describe it. The first one (Kuru Kuru Kururin) at least made it to Europe but the second (Kururin Paradise) is Japan only. Here's a pic of the set with a bonus - Pinball of the Dead (so much nicer artwork in Japan than the trainwreck art on the US release), a decent pinball game with House of the Dead characters (love the series, great light gun games):

PXL_20230929_202453029.jpg

More recently, I found out I missed some Japan-only gems that I had to pick up. Elevator Action Old & New is a pretty fun update to the classic series, Guru Logi Champ (apparently an abbreviation of guruguru logic, the first word meaning a rotating motion) from Compile is a really well designed puzzle game with pretty entertaining intermission scenes and finally Lode Runner (classic series, you know what to expect):

PXL_20230929_202322446.jpg

Craziest part is that I found these in amazing condition at my local retro shop (well, their Guru Logi was in rough condition so I had to pass on that one and go to the source for a nice copy). Not cheap games but price isn't too crazy except for Elevator Action - that one had a super low print run for some reason.

Last edited:

Johnny16Bit

Camel Slug
I'm sure licensed reprints do something for somebody, but they don't even get me to half mast.

Depends how much of a fan you are, I guess.
I remember the limited run Toaplan MD reprints... They had the common titles, but not the two rarer ones by Tengen.
I was still tempted because anything related to these games is tempting me... And even if I know they're not even quality reprints, every now and then I still vaguely regret not buying them. :D