RE4 Remake soon

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Nobody really cared for that thread until kernow started posting in there, followed by a few others. awbacon's vids aren't exactly high-hitters so I'm not sure if you could call the hits he gets from here a benefit.
🔥🔥🔥🔥👌

Are you saying if no-one posts in there it'll be considered spam? Hmmm

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I still don't know why they're remaking RE4... the original game still holds up really well imo. Should have pushed their resources into remaking Code: Veronica - great game, but visuals are dating steadily.
Have to disagree. Loved it back in the day (on the gamecube) but now on PS5 I think it just handles very awkwardly. Everything feels stiff and slow.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Have to disagree. Loved it back in the day (on the gamecube) but now on PS5 I think it just handles very awkwardly. Everything feels stiff and slow.
It barely ran on GameCube. What annoys me is that they are remaking a load of barely connected beta scraps together the same as the original. Yes it was groundbreaking at the time, and barely ran on its "exclusive" (how did that go, capcom five) target, but you could move a lot of the barely connected sections around and noone would notice.

There was a load of filler from years of development and to please everyone they are including it all it seems. I can't wait for the big driller section or the island 😴😴😴

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member

Hmmm... I've not played the GC version for a while since I bought the PS4 Remaster, but I don't recall feeling having any complaint toward the controls. But this is just me, and I still enjoy the tank controls of the original games... which I know a lot of people hate nowadays.

Anyway, controls aside, I think the point I wanted to make was it's not that I don't think it's a bad idea to remake 4, I just feel that CV was more deserving of the treatment given that it has aged... certainly more than 4 has, at least imo.

Be neat if they took the plot of Gun Survivor and turned it into a proper RE game, make a good spin off title.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Nobody really cared for that thread until kernow started posting in there, followed by a few others. awbacon's vids aren't exactly high-hitters so I'm not sure if you could call the hits he gets from here a benefit.
It's the principle in my opinion.

Whether he gets improved stats or not is not relevant to my side of the argument, nor really are the exchanges between kern and bacon.

A parasite is a parasite, no matter which way you want to cut it.

I could care less about punitive actions on his account, but those threads need nipping in the bud. My 2 cents... not that you asked of course ;)

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
This. The game was in desperate need of updating because it was reaching the point of being too outdated. The remaster is lacking basic quality of life improvements like (now) standard options, camera control etc. I also wouldn't mind a full remake of 1. The GC remake was awesome but it's suffering the same way 4 is, now that they have this new engine that game is begging for a proper update.

A CV remake would be nice but I don't think enough people are even aware that it exists for Capcom to even consider it. I also don't think it sold that well on it's initial release or subsequent re-releases.

I also wish they would have at least gone back and added a substantial amount of DLC for the remake of 3, it's so half assed and missing so much content.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I played the re4 port on ps4 after years of uncharted and other third person games and was like oh what are these controls and cone of vision?

Took me an hour or two to get used to it

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I played the re4 port on ps4 after years of uncharted and other third person games and was like oh what are these controls and cone of vision?

Took me an hour or two to get used to it
This was my reaction as well. Not using the right stick for camera control was immensely off-putting, but it became muscle memory shortly. I feel that most younger gamers or people who are used to RE 2 remake will not be able to deal with the original controls very well, especially in hectic places like the village or cabin.

The original two installments and RE Director's Cut were so cool to me in their era. Code Veronica and 4 really felt next level so I am really looking forward to the 4 remake. I zoned out of Resident Evil completely until I picked up 8 on a whim and was pretty surprised how the series now had strong fantasy overtones - not sure when they went in that direction. I had a lot of fun with 8 despite the initial surprise of the tonal shift, but 4 with up-to-date graphics is basically a perfect receipe for me on paper.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Be neat if they took the plot of Gun Survivor and turned it into a proper RE game, make a good spin off title.
Would be cool if they did the same with Dead Aim.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Never played Dead Aim... better than Gun Survivor?

Wonder what the plan is after RE:4? Go back to CV? Remake Remake? Move on and do over 5? I'd be down for a RE:5 remake that does away with the stupid forced co-op.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
A parasite is a parasite, no matter which way you want to cut it.

Yeah, but if it's just a very small parasite with three eyes and funny hair that sits there and only takes tiny little bites out of his host who didn't even know he had one before, the cure may turn out worse than the infestation.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Yeah, but if it's just a very small parasite with three eyes and funny hair that sits there and only takes tiny little bites out of his host who didn't even know he had one before, the cure may turn out worse than the infestation.
That's probably what Oscar Wilde and Al Capone thought when they contracted syphilis.

Time will tell, eh.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Never played Dead Aim... better than Gun Survivor?

Wonder what the plan is after RE:4? Go back to CV? Remake Remake? Move on and do over 5? I'd be down for a RE:5 remake that does away with the stupid forced co-op.
I believe so. Much more fleshed out in general than Survivor.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
While I'm not going to goobsperg about how good 4 was, the remake is out soon.

Not long x

Still not calling the original the best game of all time - the GameCube could barely run it
Everybody wants to see a sequel to Resident Evil 4.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I've waited for a third person remake of 1 for YEARS

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
If they remake REmake, does that mean they then have to remake REmake 2 & 3?

Will we end up in a perpetual cycle of RE remakes???!!! o_O

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
EDIT: nevermind just googled it. Wow I didn’t realize the Resident Evil 1 remake was from 2002.

Last edited: