RE4 Remake soon

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I can't even beat Saddler on normal, this is how bad I am at gaming nowadays. Tried five times and it just reminds me of the first transformers movie. A screen of blood acid and limbs with me frantically trying to reload or shoot an eye moving around all over the shop

Lol

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Nope. Six tries. Fucked off with getting blasted by acid, 6 second long stumbling animations

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Do you have the punisher and the riot gun? If so you should be able to dispatch him. Think it took me four goes to get the right strat. He’s probably the trickiest boss after Krauser.

Krauser did my head in at first, but the way to beat him is so lame.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Got a fully powered up punisher and the next shotgun up with the circular mag.

Oh fuck I meant saddler even. Yes this is how lame I am nowadays. Was easy back in the day.

One of my least favourite boss cliches is having to deal with a swarm of underpowered nibblers while you're trying to take the boss out

I think this game gave me a headache all the way through tbh, just like the original

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Ok, go back to the merchant. Buy a rocket launcher. Shoot out the front two leg eyes and then use the rocket launcher on the main eye.
You’ll move on to the final part of the battle now. Shoot the eye thing about 8 times with the killer 7. The game will then give you the rocket launcher to finish him off. Job done.

I did Saddler at my first attempt.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I don't have those weapons! Hmm. Could sell a load of stuff actually

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I don't have those weapons! Hmm. Could sell a load of stuff actually
Just use the punisher on the leg eyes or if you you’re brave enough to get close the riot gun. Defo get the killer 7 - sell your broken butterfly if you’ve got that.
Then just buy a single rocket launcher and you’re good. Make sure you’ve got at least a dozen magnum bullets.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Doesn't the game really encourage you to sell and upgrade stuff with attache case charms and even 100% buy back offers etc.? Plus I assume like the OG you're supposed to sell all the jewels and trinkets and now there's even a bonus system for it now so you can get serious bank? I don't think kern has been taking advantage of a lot of the new stuff from the sound of it.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Yeah, the game makes things a little easier in that respect. You’ll get decent buy back on weapons and the trick to make good bank with jewels is to combine them with treasures as you then benefit from value multipliers.

Definitely worth buying the treasure maps to make sure you’ve not missed anything.

If you don’t take advantage of the jewels and treasures, or go after some of the charms you’ll definitely make life a lot harder for yourself - in a game that will really test your patience.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Yeah I’ve been doing the treasures and requests to exhaustion, treasure maps really are a must. I couldn’t open everything locked behind a small key though, did I not look hard enough for those?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I think you’ll end up with a surplus of small keys which you can then use in your next play thru to help unlock the desks.

I’m not sure there are enough keys to unlock all the desks on first play thru, if there are, some are damn well hidden!

This was definitely a trick in RE8.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
8 tho
I've been doing most of the side quests until it asks you to go an hour back. Nope

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Dunno, some in the castle

I'm in no way slagging the game off btw, I'm just terrible nowadays

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I’d slag the game off.

Gameplay is terribly unbalanced, with vicious difficulty for a so called normal setting even by RE standards.

Also, fuck this games hit detection.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
@Burning Fight!! - started my second play through tonight. Game definitely doesn't let you carry over any keys you still had from your previous run. Weapons, upgrades, and money - yes. Keys - no.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Started a new game a couple of hours ago. The new controls will take a while to get used to. Man, the graphics blow me away.

And yes, good challenge, definitely more difficult than the og RE4, the villagers keep biting my ass, lots more training required.

Slowly wandering through the autumn forest... great atmosphere so far.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed massacring the villagers this time around - especially that fucking chainsaw guy. :tickled:

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
This remake turned out really well. I completed my first run on standard and immediately started a new game on hardcore. Mercanaries drops tomorrow which will be cool. What weapons are you guys running? I'm doing:

Red9
Riot Gun
Stingray
Killer 7

I'm disappointed the TMP is such shit in this one, the stock doesn't seem to do jack.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Okay, now that I've got the controls down, the villagers aren't a prob anymore, on the contrary, their AI on Standard isn't much better than in the original RE4... ...and then there's the iconic moment when the tower bell rings and the villagers move off, really nicely done.

So far I feel right at home in the game. Not a fan of the knife breaking but I guess it's only a prob in the early stages where you don't have enough stuff to repair it.

Loving it so far. I'm so grateful that I'm able to play the game on this fab system. Speaking of which, been browsing through the store and various other places, I like the interface. So much stuff to discover... mind = blown.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
If you sign up for PSN extra there's a pretty decent library of 800 odd games you can check out. Free trial as well I think

I just bought a year with discounted vouchers online

Get RE7 and 8 though. 👌