Record collecting

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
why did you decide to use myrecordlist instead of discogs?
[just asking because I'm looking for a good way to catalogue my own records atm]

I was at a show and someone was talking about myrecordlist.

I'm already balls deep in discogs.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Bought "near mint" sealed records and the fuckers were opened and more like vg+ with scratches. Guy was being a dick about my offers.

Going to contact him. And if he continues to be a dick I'm gonna neg him. Waited forever for these fuckers to get here too.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I fe sold you opened records as sealed, there is not negotiation about it. Neg him.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I fe sold you opened records as sealed, there is not negotiation about it. Neg him.

One of the inner sleeves had writing on it. A New York number and address.

The listings:

38a15c2d3eed46cbb9d45b55dcc4adf8.jpg
7dcf37fb161a612b438d40d5d31413b2.jpg

If by still in shrink he meant it was kept on the outside then he's right but they were both slit open and obviously used. Nowhere near Mint.

A-Train

Quiz Detective
20 Year Member
Yeah, most sellers use "still in shrink" to just mean it has the shrink wrap on it, "sealed" to mean unopened. Being in the shrink really means nothing, as I've seen stuff in shrink where the jacket was beat to hell. I'm sure there's some collectors who like that, but I usually rip it off. The condition thing, on the other hand, should be pretty straightforward. It just sucks how skewed some people's opinions are on condition.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Yeah, most sellers use "still in shrink" to just mean it has the shrink wrap on it, "sealed" to mean unopened. Being in the shrink really means nothing, as I've seen stuff in shrink where the jacket was beat to hell. I'm sure there's some collectors who like that, but I usually rip it off. The condition thing, on the other hand, should be pretty straightforward. It just sucks how skewed some people's opinions are on condition.

I emailed him. Thanks for that tip on shrink vs sealed. Shit is stupid. I rip it off anyway because it'll take the cover art with it if I don't.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I like "still in shrink" records.

99.9% of the time, the jacket is pretty nice with no wear.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I like "still in shrink" records.

99.9% of the time, the jacket is pretty nice with no wear.

I used be about keeping them bare but now I out them in plastic sleeves. That shrink wrap will do more harm than good.

Vidfreaky

New Challenger
Sounds like they were listed as used and he used still in shrink. He didn't say new or sealed by the sounds of it, so I don't think that's shady. You may have an argument on the near mint though.

I hate leaving the shrink wrap on, but I do sleeve them all once I've talked it off.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
That shrink wrap will do more harm than good.

I've got records that have been sitting in shrink for 30+ years. The only issue is with ones that sat in an area which had condensation. Sometimes, the shrink trapped moisture. But I have a climate controlled house so I'm not worried.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Looks like the pre-order for Streets of Rage 2 go's on sale this Saturday the 27th.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I emailed him. Thanks for that tip on shrink vs sealed. Shit is stupid. I rip it off anyway because it'll take the cover art with it if I don't.

Predictably he didn't answer when I emailed about the records not being in NM condition.

I negged him ... oh well, going to stick to reputable sellers, this guy was relatively new.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Same here. Went with the Black Vinyl though. I'm traditional like that.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I went with the black for sor2 soundtrack too, not out of choice though :( I wanted the bloody one but didn't act fast enough I guess. no biggie, also nabbed shinobi 3 in red vinyl, I rather revenge of shinobi but I imagine that is on the way.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Actually thought the smoke looked better and simple but it's the same price as the limited so they forced my hand. I might add super hang on or shinobi 3.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Yep, snagged a limited myself

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
got the smoke one here. had a hard time deciding between plain black and that one.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
According to one of Data Discs tweets, they're working on releasing Outrun too. That should be some good chill music.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory was released this week marking its forty-fifth anniversary and I was pretty siked. I have been looking for this album since the 90s as I love the film.

The album arrived yesterday via Amazon and I threw it on. Gold colored vinyl (looks awesome) and super heavy pressing (don't know the details but it is thick.)

The damn thing is warped like you wouldn't believe. My cartridge moves so much it looks like it is on the high seas. Needle cannot even stay in the gooves on the first track. The rest of the record basically played fine. Did a little googling about warped records and some folks said colored vinyl tends to warp easier. It is brand new so I don't get it, unless it was stored incorrectly. It was packed pretty well.

Anyway, very disappointed. Shipping it back to Amazon this weekend for (hopefully) non-warped album.