Record collecting

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I think the actual battle toads game pissed me off to no end. Soundtrack is actually good. But I also love this axiom verge soundtrack ... Though I haven't played the game.

Battle toads:

http://youtu.be/AFSgrXCNBHg

Axiom verge:

http://youtu.be/zJdfLJyF954

Yeah man, the Axiom Verge soundtrack is damn good. I've played the vinyl of it quite a few times since I've gotten it. The game is pretty awesome too, if you're into Metroid.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
How was your Axiom Verge? Mine had a torn label on one side and a misaligned one on the other. Squared off edges with a lot of little strings of scrap vinyl hanging off the edge. The note from the developer had a tear in it too.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
How was your Axiom Verge? Mine had a torn label on one side and a misaligned one on the other. Squared off edges with a lot of little strings of scrap vinyl hanging off the edge. The note from the developer had a tear in it too.

god, didn't want to hear that.

I went ahead and bought the soundtrack last night.

I should play the game.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
+1. The more reports come in about Ship to Shore, the less I want to buy from them.

Really is a brilliant soundtrack though.

As long as the vinyl itself isn't horribly warped or damaged, I think I'll be fine with it.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member

Mine came in the mail only slightly damaged, a ding on a corner, and on one of the edges. Nothing too bad, though they really need to learn to package stuff properly. Or they should at least invest in some of the mailers that Mondo/Death Waltz and Spacelab9 use. If it came really damaged though, I'd certainly shoot them an email and complain, maybe they'll take a hint and start packing their records better .

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sometimes, I wonder if Ted Nugent is simply trying to make his records less desirable than Bill Cosby.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Sometimes, I wonder if Ted Nugent is simply trying to make his records less desirable than Bill Cosby.

ha, been seeing Bill Cosby records at like every record shop.

I really think someone is digging them up then putting them in the front for everyone to see.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Anyone have Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon on vinyl?

Worth buying?

I would say so. I don't own it yet but it's on my list. I do have the Farcry 4 soundtrack though, done by Cliff Martinez who did the Drive soundtrack.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I would say so. I don't own it yet but it's on my list. I do have the Farcry 4 soundtrack though, done by Cliff Martinez who did the Drive soundtrack.

Power Glove did Blood Dragon. Didn't know about Farcry 4, will check it out.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Tomorrow, I am going to meet someone to pay $15 for 60 45's and 30 LP's. Sight and condition unseen!

The only thing I know is that there are 3 Micheal Jackson singles with picture sleeves (which look to be in good shape in the pictures).

My version of gambling!

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Tomorrow, I am going to meet someone to pay $15 for 60 45's and 30 LP's. Sight and condition unseen!

The only thing I know is that there are 3 Micheal Jackson singles with picture sleeves (which look to be in good shape in the pictures).

My version of gambling!

The risk seems minimal for what you're getting.

I've bought a couple of surprise boxes of LPs at 5 dollars a pop and they've sucked back for the most part but one, maybe 2 ended up being gems.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I was finally able to compete my original lineup Danzig 12"s with the addition of Thrall: Demonsweatlive to my collection. This LP is in amazing condition and the picture disc is killer!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Would never buy one as I don't need more stuff to collect, but does anyone own a reel to reel?

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
i inherited a a couple TEAC reel to reel units from a room mate that moved out, but never had the patience to get them up and working.
They weren't in the best condition so are currently sitting in my closet collecting dust..

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Would never buy one as I don't need more stuff to collect, but does anyone own a reel to reel?

There is a bit of reel to reel discussion in the cassette tapes thead.

I don't have a player right now, but I have about a dozen commercial tapes (some still sealed).

I'm on the lookout for a good player.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'll probably get a reel when I can find a high end one for $50 or less. Or a working suitcase one for $10.00.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'll probably get a reel when I can find a high end one for $50 or less. Or a working suitcase one for $10.00.

yeah, the players themselves are pretty sexy.

I don't think I'll ever actively seek one, but if I'm at the salvation army or something vinyl diving and I see one, I might pick it up.