RIP Dustin Diamond (Screech)

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
https://www.usatoday.com/story/ente...z-mark-paul-gosselar-others-react/4344226001/

He was kind of a dick later in life, but, I enjoyed him in Saved by the Bell when I was a lad.

Yeah, he was a funny part of Saved By The Bell, but as he got older he turned into an egomaniac and a total asshole. I can understand why the cast wanted nothing to do with him, especially after all the shit he said. What I dont get is why they choose to blacklist Lark Voorhees who played Lisa Turtle, she didnt seem high maintenance and seemed to be genuinely sweet. As for Dustin, even having been a jerk it's sad that someone I grew up watching died so young from Cancer. It's pretty crazy since he was diagnosed just weeks ago. He must have been in late stages, as I know he had lost too much weight. He was a human being and that type of suffering is sad regardless. R.I.P. Dustin.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Gen-Xers and early Millenials are now reaching the age where we're going to sadly see more and more people keeling over that we fondly remember as pop culture cornerstones of our childhood.

He had his flaws in adulthood, but he wasn't really a bad guy. Just another victim of the typecast, child Hollywood actor machine who got chewed up and spit out after SBTB ended, and went down a dark path.

If there's any consolation, whatever suffering he had to endure didn't last long.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I met Dustin about ten years ago. He came to my city doing standup at a hotel. After his set he went to the hotel bar where I often went for karaoke. I was singing Rio by Duran Duran and he came up and started singing with me. Afterwards I bought him a drink and we talked a bit.

He admitted that he was playing the bad guy on reality TV to make it more interesting and that's not who he really is. I'll take his word for it. Doesn't matter anymore since he's dead. His stand up was pretty good though, he could work an audience.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I met Dustin about ten years ago. He came to my city doing standup at a hotel. After his set he went to the hotel bar where I often went for karaoke. I was singing Rio by Duran Duran and he came up and started singing with me. Afterwards I bought him a drink and we talked a bit.

He admitted that he was playing the bad guy on reality TV to make it more interesting and that's not who he really is. I'll take his word for it. Doesn't matter anymore since he's dead. His stand up was pretty good though, he could work an audience.

You should write a book some day.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
The legend of LoneSage grows again and the honorable brotherhood of NG.com monks furiously scribble additions to his official canon by candlelight. Peace be unto you, brave scribes, your vows of fleshlight and Real Doll celibacy do not go unappreciated!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
You are way out of the loop. She lost her mind a long time ago. Just look up the books she wrote or pictures of her. It is downright tragic.

https://www.realrealitygossip.com/2020/03/the-sad-truth-about-lark-voorhies-life-story.html

Awhile back i remember everyone was making fun of how she looked, then came out that she had Lupus, then i found out it was all a lie, just her mental illness made her look like a clown...It's so sad, she was my biggest crush out of all the girls in Save By the Bell. I watch 1 or 2 episodes of the new Save By the Bell, and it looks like she will be making a guest appearance...Would have been nice to have Screech made an appearance before he died. Maybe they can pay a small tribute.

@M

20 Year Member
I had the hots for Jessie. Lisa was pretty mean to Screech, but, I like to believe that he hit it in the end.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
His second name was Neil, I bet his parents thought they were super clever.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

Please tell me you kept your hand in your pocket while you sang. :cool:

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
The lady do on 99.7 said she was sad and had met him several times today...then they played a bit of audio of him and he didn't sound like the count that you see him portrayed as anyhow?

Hope you aren't stuck with a screech(heman/mastersoftheuniverse_ref)

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
The lady do on 99.7 said she was sad and had met him several times today...then they played a bit of audio of him and he didn't sound like the count that you see him portrayed as anyhow?

Hope you aren't stuck with a screech(heman/mastersoftheuniverse_ref)

Karou lives!

RIP to Dustin. Another gone too young.

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
Screech scored some sweet G.I.JOE swag when he was a kid!

FB_IMG_16127943075697480.jpg

Mofo had the USS Flagg for chrissakes!