Samurai Shodown V Perfect/Final Edition extracted data

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Is it even different enough to justify switching? It's virtually the same.
There are some purported balance changes, as the interview with Takaya in the SSNG Collection suggests he took it on himself to rebalance the cast while the other few team members worked on slicing up the fatalities to make room for the new story sequences. If the changes were significant, then sure, it could have had a spot in the competitive scene.

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, nobody has explored the frame timing for character move sets given V Special was already so balanced. So, to your point, it became a moot point. :)

The new EX Arcadia version is supposed to have "balance changes" as well, but those also haven't been documented yet...if they even exist.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
There are some purported balance changes, as the interview with Takaya in the SSNG Collection suggests he took it on himself to rebalance the cast while the other few team members worked on slicing up the fatalities to make room for the new story sequences. If the changes were significant, then sure, it could have had a spot in the competitive scene.

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, nobody has explored the frame timing for character move sets given V Special was already so balanced. So, to your point, it became a moot point. :)

The new EX Arcadia version is supposed to have "balance changes" as well, but those also haven't been documented yet...if they even exist.
That one game has had so many versions. If only every former SNK staff had that kind of devotion to bringing back their old work. Those Mark of the Wolves 2 backgrounds are great, and need to be released in a real early 2000's style MVS game.

Of course SSV has been mostly a minimal effort cash-in. I should say, if only everyone was willing to pull their old unreleased games out of an old drawer.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
GTFO with that. The game is an embarrassing mess.
How so? Plays tight, great tag mechanics, looks great, has a really fun roster.

To each their own, but I loved it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I don’t agree w/ Neo Alec.

Yuki developed a fun game(s), that play great.

When I think cash-in, I think movie tie in tier shovel ware, and older yearly updated sports titles.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I don’t agree w/ Neo Alec.

Yuki developed a fun game(s), that play great.

When I think cash-in, I think movie tie in tier shovel ware, and older yearly updated sports titles.
My only point with that is they're releasing something that's already made. I agree that overall SSVS is good. SSVP is a minimal update though.