see if you can figure out whats wrong with this story

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
news story reads like this:

For Some Ohioans, Even Meat Is Out Of Reach

"Nunez and most of her siblings and their spouses are unemployed and rely on government assistance and food stamps...Nunez, 40, has never worked and has no high school degree...The rising cost of food means their money gets them about a third fewer bags of groceries — $100 used to buy about 12 bags of groceries, but now it's more like seven or eight. So they cut back on expensive items like meat, and they don't buy extras like ice cream anymore."

are you ready, my friends, to see a picture of the people that have to cut back on "items like meat" and dont splurge on "extras like ice cream anymore"?

Here they are:

nunez540.jpg

dont believe me? http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92592545

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I thought this was about why we're assisting an illiterate 40 year old and her siblings with taxpayer money.

But DAMN.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
how is it poor people are always fat? i say keep making things more expensive maybe all these disgusting loafs of people will lose weight.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
how is it poor people are always fat?

All those highly-processed, high fat, empty calorie foods are cheap.

Granted, healthy and nutritious food is cheap too if you know what to buy, but most people can't handle the drop in fat because we all know that fat is what makes food delicious.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
All those highly-processed, high fat, empty calorie foods are cheap.

Granted, healthy and nutritious food is cheap too if you know what to buy, but most people can't handle the drop in fat because we all know that fat is what makes food delicious.

Eating is many a poor man's favorite waste of time, it makes them happy and does not cost too much if you buy said industrial food, at least it's cheaper than most other spare time activities.

Btw, your av rocks man.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Can I just ask, of what use are these people to modern society? I mean, really? What is their input to the human race? :spock:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I got a Drunken Master box set as a birthday present two years ago, great stuff.

I also like the bone crusher/drunken master remakes with the old guy and Jackie Chan, specially the later ones are really zany but in a cool way. Fart technique rules.

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
how is it poor people are always fat? i say keep making things more expensive maybe all these disgusting loafs of people will lose weight.

Poor people are usually poorly educated with little or no cooking skills passed down from one generation to another. If they knew how to make a simple ragu they would stop buying dirty factory made ragus, do they make gravy with roasted meat cooking juices? No, out of a packet. Burgers made from scratch? Not a chance.

Also locally produced meat and dairy products can work out way cheaper than supermarket crap. Bacon for example from my local farm shop has no added water, it's proper dry cure stuff so half the weight isn't lost in cooking like the mass produced stuff.

People who have no money can have some very odd priorities. Maybe because the primary source of entertainment is commercial TV, constantly peddling high fat, empty calorie processed crap. Spending some time and effort improving ones diet and making more effort to buy food than visit a convenient one stop shop is just too much work for some people. We all know crap food leaves you feeling sluggish and lazy so the cycle persists. Not forgetting MSG tastes good yo :loco:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The goverment subsidizes obesity...

Beat Sugar and Corn Syrup....

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
They need to cut the rations of these fatasses to half.

And they need to get a fucking job, that's what's really wrong here.

40 years old and hasn't worked a day in her life? Fucking shameful.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Favorite line of the article.

"She says she needs someone to give her a lift just to get to an interview."

I’ll say! hahahahaha

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
They need to cut the rations of these fatasses to half.

And they need to get a fucking job, that's what's really wrong here

You say that now.. Just wait until you have to work with one.

Honestly its about worth my tax money to just feed them and let them stay at home so I won't have to put up with them.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You say that now.. Just wait until you have to work with one.

Honestly its about worth my tax money to just feed them and let them stay at home so I won't have to put up with them.

Ahahahaha, point taken. I forgot about your fat guy for a minute there.

God damn I'd hate to smell them. Rotten mayonnaise all day. :barf:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I just read the article...

It has nothing to do with the topic at hand...

What a selective way to make something out of nothing.

The problem at hand isn't about how they are lazy loafs... Or that they make bad nutritional choices... The problem is that Ohio is going to shit.... And they are stuck without options....

Ahahahaha, point taken. I forgot about your fat guy for a minute there.

God damn I'd hate to smell them. Rotten mayonnaise all day. :barf:

Cummon man, we all know you better than that.

U'd Hit it.

Senora Hernandez y Nunez.

Last edited:

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I just read the article...

It has nothing to do with the topic at hand...

What a selective way to make something out of nothing.

The problem at hand isn't about how they are lazy loafs... Or that they make bad nutritional choices... The problem is that Ohio is going to shit.... And they are stuck without options....

Cummon man, we all know you better than that.

U'd Hit it.

Senora Hernandez y Nunez.
Agreed, their obesity has nothing to do with their situation. However the "car accident" that left one of them too depressed to find a job is a piss-poor excuse for being lazy. She's clearly able enough to walk on two feet and talk to a reporter about how bad her life is, but not able to enough to walk into a goddamn drug store and get a job cashiering or cleaning? Horseshit.

Having no car is a shitty position to be in, but there are other ways to get about town, its really not THAT fucking difficult. It sounds like they live in a fairly urban/suburban area, not like she'd have to peddle for miles to get anywhere.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Dunno... ...what's yours, btw?

Even a gypsy would know that barristers and solicitors earn money which contributes to taxes. Taxes are used to fund the government which maintains the cities and villages in the land. Without tax payers, worthless fat fucks would die of starvation and lack of shelter.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Agreed, their obesity has nothing to do with their situation. However the "car accident" that left one of them too depressed to find a job is a piss-poor excuse for being lazy. She's clearly able enough to walk on two feet and talk to a reporter about how bad her life is, but not able to enough to walk into a goddamn drug store and get a job cashiering or cleaning? Horseshit.

Having no car is a shitty position to be in, but there are other ways to get about town, its really not THAT fucking difficult. It sounds like they live in a fairly urban/suburban area, not like she'd have to peddle for miles to get anywhere.

I'm not saying that they are perfect....

Not so sure where they live.... The article says that there ain't shit within walking distance....

Ohio is falling apart.... And the citizens are to blame too.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm not saying that they are perfect....

Not so sure where they live.... The article says that there ain't shit within walking distance....

Ohio is falling apart.... And the citizens are to blame too.

Dude, I think our whole country is falling apart.