So is all 16-bit era stuff just retarded expensive now?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I remember when the local Blockbuster closed down, we were hauling out their carts by the boxes for a pittance.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I don't see a crash happening sometime soon, the internet and youtube has made it so easy for people to discover old games and decide they are interested in playing old favorites they haven't played in years or have never tried before. Whether it is these "hipster" collectors people love to have or just people reviving their youth, there is just more demand than supply for many of these games and the increase of prices reflects it. But this isn't just something that has happened to games, the record and toy market seems just as bad. I guess people just enjoy collecting things now more than ever.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Yes the prices are higher than in the past couple of years but there are still very few games that are at or higher than their original list price

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Mega clone systems like the Retron 5 are only going to spur interest to a new generation.

Kids will see their parents/relatives/friends R5 in action and find some games they really like to play.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Don't watch unless you want to be tempted to punch your computer screen.

The last few lines that the Jersey-Shore-douche-kid says are what really hit home. Teen/ early 20s hipsters are ruining the market. Buying shit that they have no cultural bearings with, just to be "cool". Even these stupid fucking teens know what's going on.

Why is that stupid girl with the backwards hat trying to look so 90's... does she even realize it? This generation of teens is the worst.

Fuck this "X reacts to X" shit. I dunno why I even clicked it.

PS: Girl with beanie got the skillz.

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Don't watch unless you want to be tempted to punch your computer screen.

The last few lines that the Jersey-Shore-douche-kid says are what really hit home. Teen/ early 20s hipsters are ruining the market. Buying shit that they have no cultural bearings with, just to be "cool". Even these stupid fucking teens know what's going on.

Why is that stupid girl with the backwards hat trying to look so 90's... does she even realize it? This generation of teens is the worst.

Fuck this "X reacts to X" shit. I dunno why I even clicked it.

PS: Girl with beanie got the skillz.

That system needs some Blinking Light Win action :D

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Can we please, for the love of Chris, get some fucking population control incentives in place in this god damn country?! And pull together and raise the standard by which we allow people to raise their offspring?! Faaaaaackkkkk!!!

I really wanna retire to antartica.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
We can't do it through restrictive means, the rules on restriction creates a taboo that makes ppl want to break the rules.

What we need is a reverse welfare system. We pay into a fund for people to NOT procreate. A small retirement bonus and some money now. Or give ppl a lump sum payment and free operation to get sterilized.

And life imprisonment for any doctor that botches the sterilization job.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
So glad for things like ever drives. Really looking forward to the playstation ever drive like device.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
We can't do it through restrictive means, the rules on restriction creates a taboo that makes ppl want to break the rules.

What we need is a reverse welfare system. We pay into a fund for people to NOT procreate. A small retirement bonus and some money now. Or give ppl a lump sum payment and free operation to get sterilized.

And life imprisonment for any doctor that botches the sterilization job.

At the very least, children shouldn't be tax deductions, or ways to get larger welfare checks. I guess that gets in to a much larger issue, but I don't think that there should be such a thing as a "tax deduction". We should all pay the same rate. The fact that I pay more in income tax than someone with three kids makes me feel like I'm paying more than my fair share. I totally get that the cost of raising a kid is WAY more than what they are saving in taxes, but I shouldn't have to pay more in taxes to NOT have a kid. And I know for a fact that people on welfare have more kids to get larger welfare checks. Procreation should not be financially incentivized. You only do that if you have a population crisis and NEED people to have kids.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
So glad for things like ever drives. Really looking forward to the playstation ever drive like device.

Honestly, ever since I got my Everdrives I hardly buy any games anymore. I have to have a really good reason to buy an 8 or 16-bit game now. I'm going to be all over those game loaders for the CD-based systems. I'd like to get a hard drive-modded 3DO but there aren't enough games that I want to play that I don't already have.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Honestly, ever since I got my Everdrives I hardly buy any games anymore. I have to have a really good reason to buy an 8 or 16-bit game now. I'm going to be all over those game loaders for the CD-based systems. I'd like to get a hard drive-modded 3DO but there aren't enough games that I want to play that I don't already have.

I want a fucking 3do SO BAD. It and the Neo are the two consoles that have eluded me since childhood. I read up on that ATA hard drive for it a while ago but haven't found anywhere to source one. I don't even know why I do that. Look for shit for consoles and arcades I don't even own...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I want a fucking 3do SO BAD. It and the Neo are the two consoles that have eluded me since childhood. I read up on that ATA hard drive for it a while ago but haven't found anywhere to source one. I don't even know why I do that. Look for shit for consoles and arcades I don't even own...

Im not joking when I say there literally is a small handful of games that are even worth playing, much less really enjoying. And this is coming from a guy who has two of them.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I said to my cousin 2011/2012 will look good compared to what we see now (2015). I guess I was right.

2011/2012 seems to be the tipping point for a lot of these retarded prices. A lot of LP's happened around here, and people hyping up shit. Go look up Hagane on nintendoage (more like resellerage). All it took was some guy saying "was $250-300 for a sealed copy of Hagane good". Now look where we are. Hagane is going for near that amount loose, when it was going for cib for like 100ish.

then people spread it was blockbuster exclusive (which is bullshit cause it isn't). For the record, i've seen more sealed CIB copies then opened if that tells you anything.

Don't even get me started on Little Samson/Flinstones 2 surprise at shit peak. They were 100-150 all day every day 4 years ago. Now look at them, it is hilarious people selling them for neo geo prices.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Goddamn, SNES prices are going through the roof, and I collect that system. Especially rare/sought after titles like Dracula X, Earthbound, and WIld Guns.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Goddamn, SNES prices are going through the roof, and I collect that system. Especially rare/sought after titles like Dracula X, Earthbound, and WIld Guns.

With a Super PowerPak, here's my verdict and why I don't really care about those three games:

Dracula X - meh, the PC Engine Super CD version is better
Earthbound - I don't like JRPGs like this, give me Ys or give me death
Wild Guns - I tried playing it with a dude once, but we didn't really get into it. Then again, he was a high school dropout, drove without a driver's license, and his family up and ran so quick that when I was helping the landlord sort through all the crap that was left behind in the house, I found family memorabilia like photos of him from middle school and a car in the middle of a major front end repair that was just abandoned. And the guy who that car belonged to came over to my home and asked what the hell happened. I said, I don't know, but I got a free PC for helping the landlord. It just needed a new hard drive. My dad uses it nowadays. It still smells like cigarette smoke from the chain-smoking father that lived next door who was also a high school dropout and drove without a driver's license, but at least it was free.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Im not joking when I say there literally is a small handful of games that are even worth playing, much less really enjoying. And this is coming from a guy who has two of them.

Heed the panda. As someone who had a 3DO back in the day, you could count the number of games that rise above mildly interesting on one hand. A lot of FMV garbage, half-assed PC ports and hilariously bad unfinished games (Shadow: War of Succession is quite possibly the worst fighting game ever made). That said, solid ports of SS1 and ST, a couple of interesting originals (Guardian War, Lucienne's Quest) and it got a port of Policenauts in Japan.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

I have 3 of them. One is my original 3DO FZ-10 when I was killin it in the 90's.

There's definitely a lot of turds, but the ones that are playable are quite fun. You only need about a dozen to really be happy, and then the rest were ported to PS1. Usually with improvements, but not always.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
With a Super PowerPak, here's my verdict and why I don't really care about those three games:

Dracula X - meh, the PC Engine Super CD version is better
Earthbound - I don't like JRPGs like this, give me Ys or give me death
Wild Guns - I tried playing it with a dude once, but we didn't really get into it. Then again, he was a high school dropout, drove without a driver's license, and his family up and ran so quick that when I was helping the landlord sort through all the crap that was left behind in the house, I found family memorabilia like photos of him from middle school and a car in the middle of a major front end repair that was just abandoned. And the guy who that car belonged to came over to my home and asked what the hell happened. I said, I don't know, but I got a free PC for helping the landlord. It just needed a new hard drive. My dad uses it nowadays. It still smells like cigarette smoke from the chain-smoking father that lived next door who was also a high school dropout and drove without a driver's license, but at least it was free.

Hey middle school dropout, your reasons suck.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Back in my college days, Super Turbo was the only game we played on the 3DO.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I remember when the local Blockbuster closed down, we were hauling out their carts by the boxes for a pittance.

I did the same goddamn thing. I don't think it was a Blockbuster, but man. 5 bucks per SNES cart, I left with a full bookbag. Got Mega Man X3 in that haul! Good times.

Also owning a 3DO, I really have to agree. But that console's version of Wolfenstein 3D was worth the price of admission on it's own. Gex took my by surprise, too! Having never played it, I had no expectations, and was very pleasantly surprised.

Last edited: