Sonic Superstars

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Soinc ZuperSARS

Another Sonic release (re-release), I'm completely lost.
But a classic style is still welcome.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Didn’t Sonic Generations do this 13 years ago?

So umm... this is a remake of the remake?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
This looks pretty cool! Imagine if this were the launch title for a new Sega console?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Edit: I think I found bad info, so I'm retracting.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Didn’t Sonic Generations do this 13 years ago?

So umm... this is a remake of the remake?
No, this is an entirely original game. Generations was a compilation of fan and developer favorite levels from previous games.

Theruff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Swapping between classic and modern style could be a cool mechanic. I hope it’s done halfway through levels to change things up, rather than have each level be a different style. We already got that with Generations.

Not enough gameplay shown off to get me hyped yet…

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Between this and Super Mario Wonder my eight year old is going to be busy as hell.

Lego…Lego is almost like sports now. You can’t avoid it no matter where you go…I like actual Lego sure, I build a Technic cement mixer on Fathers Day, but we’re all very overexposed to it now.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member

Here's the "full list of Sonic Superstars Emerald Powers" - with each Emerald Power tied to a specific Chaos Emerald, according to the source. There are seven Emeralds in total.
  • Blue Emerald - Avatar: creates multiple clones of character, will defeat "nearly" any enemy, handy for bosses)
  • Red Emerald - Bullet: useful action to blast character in any direction, can be activated mid-air
  • Cyan Emerald - Water: Easily traverse underwater sections, can climb up waterfalls
  • Green Emerald - Ivy: Grow vines from the character's standing point, reach new heights
  • Purple Emerald - Vision: Uncover hidden platforms and rings
  • Yellow Emerald - Slow: slows down everything, makes challenges easier to overcome
  • White Emerald - Extra: Character-specific ability

Here are the White Emerald character abilities. This emerald will need to be "selected and activated" like other powers:
  • Sonic - Homing Attack: Gives classic Sonic his modern homing attack
  • Amy - Hammer Throw: You can literally throw Amy's hammer at enemies
  • Knuckles - Punch: Punch anything and everything
  • Tails - Tornado Spin: Tails will create a tornado - taking out any enemies in its path

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
But not by Yuji Naka

Because he’s in Prison
Maybe he can provide advice and direction through the phone (if Japan prisons allow phone communication with the outside world). There was a rapper who once recorded some albums in prison with his colleagues on the outside recording his raps from his prison phone calls (with poor quality, but I guess it got the job done).

Oh I guess it's not that uncommon of a thing. Many rappers have released albums recorded over the prison phone lol https://ultranyc.com/rapper-released-album-while-in-prison/

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Here's the "full list of Sonic Superstars Emerald Powers" - with each Emerald Power tied to a specific Chaos Emerald, according to the source. There are seven Emeralds in total.
  • Blue Emerald - Avatar: creates multiple clones of character, will defeat "nearly" any enemy, handy for bosses)
  • Red Emerald - Bullet: useful action to blast character in any direction, can be activated mid-air
  • Cyan Emerald - Water: Easily traverse underwater sections, can climb up waterfalls
  • Green Emerald - Ivy: Grow vines from the character's standing point, reach new heights
  • Purple Emerald - Vision: Uncover hidden platforms and rings
  • Yellow Emerald - Slow: slows down everything, makes challenges easier to overcome
  • White Emerald - Extra: Character-specific ability

Here are the White Emerald character abilities. This emerald will need to be "selected and activated" like other powers:
  • Sonic - Homing Attack: Gives classic Sonic his modern homing attack
  • Amy - Hammer Throw: You can literally throw Amy's hammer at enemies
  • Knuckles - Punch: Punch anything and everything
  • Tails - Tornado Spin: Tails will create a tornado - taking out any enemies in its path

s1UFPMf.jpg

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
release date : 17th October 2023.

Same day as Super Mario Bros. Wonder
The fight has begun :LOL: