Sports Thread

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
The Florida Panthers take a commanding 3-0 lead over the Toronto Maple Leafs. I'm glad to see rats were thrown onto the ice after the OT goal.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Verstappen wining the Miami GP from 9th place is unreal.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Fvf1dSjaUAAoe68

Fuck the Roughnecks!

Best of 3, winner advances to the NLL Championship.

Pretty sure only Gekiga cares besides me, but fuck y'all anyway
i hope they all get aids from their pregame ass fucking ritual

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Verstappen wining the Miami GP from 9th place is unreal.
It's been a little bit of time since I last saw an F1 race. I was stoked and getting ready to watch since the program guide said it was coming on at 2 pm on ABC. After I saw it was pre-race coverage I would only check every 20 minutes or so if they would finally get to the race. I cannot believe it was over 1 hour and a half of that. By the point the race actually started I already had it turned off.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It's been a little bit of time since I last saw an F1 race. I was stoked and getting ready to watch since the program guide said it was coming on at 2 pm on ABC. After I saw it was pre-race coverage I would only check every 20 minutes or so if they would finally get to the race. I cannot believe it was over 1 hour and a half of that. By the point the race actually started I already had it turned off.

I cut the cord, so I wasn’t aware how network TV did it this season.

I use the F1 app, and shoutcast the race from my phone to the TV.

In the app, practice/qualification/race are all broken up in separate chunks-and also available live.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
My wife is a huge Oilers fan, out of nowhere. She's from Tucson, just picked a hockey team before this season started, and is now the fan that screams at the tv during the games, lol. She wanted to skip my kid's school recital last night to stay home and watch the game, and i caught her checking espn on her phone multiple times during the show. (Yeah, she was recording it, but couldn't take not knowing what was going on, lol) She probably watched 90% of their games this season too. Never thought I'd be sick of having hockey on in the house, haha! Still better than the subtitled K-dramas she was watching before this.
She's chosen poorly.

The Oilers fanbase is toxic. I suggest divorcing her before it's too late. Save yourself and your children.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I cut the cord, so I wasn’t aware how network TV did it this season.

I use the F1 app, and shoutcast the race from my phone to the TV.

In the app, practice/qualification/race are all broken up in separate chunks-and also available live.
Yep, I'm a cord cutter as well. Decided to check it out since I don't have ESPN on cable/cable replacement services. I'm fortunate enough that I get NBC, ABC, Fox, CBS, and PBS via an indoor antenna. I thought by watching it on ABC in the time slot it was designated for according to the guide I would've caught some of it. Then I could've watched the race replay on ESPN+, but by that point I was already told the result of the race. I heard quali was pretty fun this year for the Miami GP.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
She's chosen poorly.

The Oilers fanbase is toxic. I suggest divorcing her before it's too late. Save yourself and your children.
I keep forgetting that the Golden Knights and Oilers are in the same division. Still so weird to me that the Coyotes are in the Central Division.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Fv5iNUIXsAEUYpj

'nother win for my Mammoth. Knocked off Calgary in game 1 of their best of 3. Mammoth can advance back to the NLL Championship with a win in Calgary on Saturday.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Hurricanes finish up their series with the Devils and wait on the Panthers-Leafs series. Stars take 3-2 series lead over the Kraken.

It would be interesting to see a Hurricanes-Oilers final again just like in 2006.

In NLL: Bandits take on Rock this evening.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
let's go dc defenders!
One of a handful of XFL games I watched. I caught St. Louis Battlehawks and Vegas Vipers earlier in the season because I thought it was interesting seeing a football game on FX. For a championship game, DC nearly came back toward the end and at least made things interesting.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
One of a handful of XFL games I watched. I caught St. Louis Battlehawks and Vegas Vipers earlier in the season because I thought it was interesting seeing a football game on FX. For a championship game, DC nearly came back toward the end and at least made things interesting.
So, Arlington, which entered the playoffs with a 4-6 record wins the divisional and then the Championship while a 7-3 St. Louis team fails to make the post season. XFL needs to rethink the playoffs with a two division, 8 team league. The two division champs and then the two with the best records should be the ones to advance.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
So, Arlington, which entered the playoffs with a 4-6 record wins the divisional and then the Championship while a 7-3 St. Louis team fails to make the post season. XFL needs to rethink the playoffs with a two division, 8 team league. The two division champs and then the two with the best records should be the ones to advance.
Rethink? Nah, basic getting his hopes crushed by a sub .500 Bob Stoops team was awesome

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I think top two playing in the championship I would've been ok with as well.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Oilers done and dusted. Knights move on.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
it's all good. arlington's success is attributed to getting luis perez late into the season, who was a solid spring league qb from the usfl last year. the record really just reflected how bad their qbs were before.

don't let his middle-aged housewife lower body fool you. perez is competent.

Fygee

20 Year Member
The Twitter snark during the series would be epic. I'm totally down. WCF with the two newest expansion teams. It'll be a feelgood entry to the Stanley cup regardless of who wins.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Two Southern teams in the East and two expansion teams in the West. Canadian fans on maximum butthurt alert.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Worst case scenarios now for Stanley Cup winners are curing some droughts. Shortest drought dates back to 2006 for Carolina Hurricanes (who I think will win). Second drought is Dallas Stars back in 1999, and then the Florida Panthers and Vegas Golden Knights who have never won.

Eric Staal faces his former team the Carolina Hurricanes (who he won the 2006 Stanley Cup with), he is joined by his brother Marc (defenseman) on the Florida Panthers. His other brother Jordan (who plays forward) still plays for the Carolina Hurricanes.

Also, Buffalo Bandits are in the NLL Finals.

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Vegas is now the most northern city in the NHL conference finals.

Bummer the Kraken lost.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The 6th longest NHL hockey game took place last night as Florida scored the winning goal 19:47 in the 4th overtime for a 3-2 win over Carolina and take a 1-0 lead in the Eastern Conference Finals. Something about these Florida teams being 8 seeds making great runs in the playoffs (Miami Heat are up 2-0 also as a 8th seed).