Sports Thread

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
With the Knights and Panthers in the Stanley cup finals, either team will win their first title.

Knights are the obvious favorites, but as the playoffs have demonstrated over and over in both basketball and hockey this season, absolutely nothing is guaranteed, and your seeding doesn't matter.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
saving this spot for @famicommander for when the mammoth vs. bandits game is over.

update: mammoth lost in a horribly embarrassing manner, 13-4. as the defending champion, they should be ashamed of their performance and dismantle the team and kill themselves.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Offense just didn't show up. Goalie carried an inferior team to a championship last year and then all the way to the last game this year. Gotta overhaul the offense this offseason.

Sucks.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Allons les Remparts! Champions of Canadian juniors. :)

Attachments

• 351756973_267677955775253_2614579422764501214_n.jpg
    351756973_267677955775253_2614579422764501214_n.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 2

Fygee

20 Year Member
Knights cream the Panthers again 7-2. Up 2-0. Another really chippy game with many scuffles.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Panthers score late to force OT, then take a 3-2 win over the Golden Knights to get back in the series 2-1. During their incredible run for the Stanley Cup, Florida is 7-0 in overtime games this post season.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Panthers score late to force OT, then take a 3-2 win over the Golden Knights to get back in the series 2-1. During their incredible run for the Stanley Cup, Florida is 7-0 in overtime games this post season.
Finally the Panthers have an SCF win!

Fygee

20 Year Member
Booooo.

Hopefully the Knights win the next two so we can win the cup at home.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Knights are one win away from the Stanley Cup tomorrow night.

Game 4 ended in a wild one with a 6 on 4 Panthers power play down 3-2 at the end of the 3rd period. VGK was somehow able to fend them off, then an all out brawl commenced.

On a side note, Wayne Gretsky looks really weird to me with an old guy parted combover. Guess he's really embraced being in his 60s (which is wild as fuck to me).

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Knights are one win away from the Stanley Cup tomorrow night.

Game 4 ended in a wild one with a 6 on 4 Panthers power play down 3-2 at the end of the 3rd period. VGK was somehow able to fend them off, then an all out brawl commenced.

On a side note, Wayne Gretsky looks really weird to me with an old guy parted combover. Guess he's really embraced being in his 60s (which is wild as fuck to me).
I'm hoping Panthers extend the series tonight, but if Vegas wins I'll be happy that at least we will have a new Stanley Cup champion.

I was very spoiled in high school since every year then we had a new Super Bowl champion (XXXIV St. Louis Rams, XXXV Baltimore Ravens, XXXVI New England Patriots, XXXVII Tampa Bay Buccaneers).

Fygee

20 Year Member
Vegas winning the Cup in Vegas would mean so much more. They deserve to have that entire arena go absolutely apeshit with love and support, not rude assholes in Florida tossing shit at them on the ice.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Vegas winning the Cup in Vegas would mean so much more. They deserve to have that entire arena go absolutely apeshit with love and support, not rude assholes in Florida tossing shit at them on the ice.
I just want hockey to get popular in non traditional markets. I've been to two Panthers home games in late 2000s and it's really nice to see BankAtlantic Center filled to capacity nowadays compared to back then.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I just want hockey to get popular in non traditional markets. I've been to two Panthers home games in late 2000s and it's really nice to see BankAtlantic Center filled to capacity nowadays compared to back then.
Coyotes sell out all of their home games. Granted, they play in a college ice arena that holds 5,000 but you gotta love the name: Mullett Arena :tickled:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Knights did it, and absolutely crushed them 9-3.

I'm in awe. Doesn't even feel real yet. Las Vegas has the Stanley Cup. Just surreal.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Knights did it, and absolutely crushed them 9-3.

I'm in awe. Doesn't even feel real yet. Las Vegas has the Stanley Cup. Just surreal.
Congrats to the Golden Knights! I'm glad Eichel's first playoffs is a Stanley Cup championship. :)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
A Stanley Cup 6 years into the franchise. That's the fastest of the major sports leagues since 2001 when MLB's Arizona Diamondbacks won the World Series in their 4th year of the franchise.

Congrats to the Golden Knights :buttrock:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
No more hockey or basketball (unless you count the WNBA :p ) and lacrosse is done. Anyone following the USFL (haven't seen a game) or...baseball? The College World Series started with the lowest seed in years in Oral Roberts University dumping Oregon in the super regional to earn a spot, then pulling off a 3 run ninth to upset TCU earlier today. Nice to see a non-traditional team take on the national powerhouses. Lots of luck to them.

Also following the long lost sport of the Indoor Football League as I'm a big Arizona Rattlers fan. Started the season bad but are back in first place in their conference.

Any other local sports anyone are following? Inquiring minds want to know :buttrock: