The all new 'What's it worth' thread

pheonixman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Great idea, I would like to see the AES guide updated based on recent auction sales data from ebay and forum sales. BIN's should not be used in any guides as they are usualy over inflated by the sellers to make a profit. :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
If using ebay data it's kind of a catch-22, it's data but most times it's a bidding war so either way it's inflated prices.

Take for example a regular Art of Fighting MVS cart, normally $15 on the high side but one auction it went over $80 iirc and it had 5 bidders.

master_d

n00b
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'm kinda of the opinion that all ebay sales data should be tracked regardless of bidding wars and/or buy it now sales and you can throw out the data that deviates too far from the mean.... (say 50% > than the mean you throw it out and don't use it in the average). Either way I'd rather have all the data available .. you can always massage it to suit your purposes.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I think you're better off not asking values. US carts are crazy expensive and scarce. That guide is out of date to our benefit in some instances. Believe it or not. MVS is a different story. And some games SHOULD NOT be that valued. I think strikers should never be more then 80 bucks, as its abundant.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
If using ebay data it's kind of a catch-22, it's data but most times it's a bidding war so either way it's inflated prices.

Take for example a regular Art of Fighting MVS cart, normally $15 on the high side but one auction it went over $80 iirc and it had 5 bidders.

I agree with you mate that the eBay prices are well over inflated to what we are used to on the forum, but the fact still stands that the majority of Neo Geo gamers are not on the forum and whether we like it or not, eBay has given access to a wider audience and these prices are what people are prepared to pay... and therefore what the cart could be worth.

Maybe one did sell for $80, but I bet you that a ton of them have sold for between $10 - $20... creating a much lower mean and therefore giving a true perspective of the carts actual value.

But maybe it is us that all have it wrong and the prices we sell for on here are way too low... seeing as a vast more carts get sold on eBay compared to anywhere else perhaps eBay prices are the truer value.

btw, anyone fancy an Art of Fighting cart for $80... :D

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
What is Panda PCB collection worth?

35ze3t.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've snapped up ebay listings with unusually low BIN. For example English Savage Reign and Goal Goal Goal full kits for 20 Euros apiece.

Neo Yahtzee

Banned , racist pedophile and admitted statutory r
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well we at least know that magician lord is $80 now.

That is the first thing I have learned since coming here, I am as shocked as you are. Also I have an extra one for $80 shipped USA if you want it ;).

Neo Yahtzee

Banned , racist pedophile and admitted statutory r
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I promise you that if someone put up an $80 Magician Lord MVS cart right now, it would sell almost immediately. I was literally mobbed with PMs minutes after posting two at $60. Magician Lord's value is definitely higher than most people here realize :)

As for the price guide, I say take it down. It's nonsense. Seller knows what he wants for a cart, buyers here know what they want to pay. This idea of pricing to a norm is bullshit. Go around the web and look at different seller's websites. Their prices are all over the map because they're buying these from different operators who put different values on this shit. The price guides are completely worthless. Pay what you're comfortable paying... Without some real nonsense like grading and some sort of third-party bullshit none of us want, a real price guide will never exist in this hobby.

That is EXACTLY HOW MINE SOLD FOR $80!!!

Again another for sale, lemy know guys!

chimera

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
EDIT.... A price is what some one will pay for it. seriously...... to much thoughts on this.. lol

Last edited:

master_d

n00b
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
lol ... I'll probably be the only one to say this, but props to neo yahtzee for continuing to stick around and post despite having rot's cock covered up by an AES cart in his sig. The hazing should continue though bc it's hilarious.

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Oh right.. haha i thought it was a pic of himself.. makes sense now.. and yeah beeing a bit nuts is a good thing I guess