The best rebuttal to Jimmy Kimmel's response to competitive gaming

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
My friends at Core-A Gaming made a video in response to Jimmy Kimmel's views on live streaming and competitive gaming.

This response is probably the classiest response video i've EVER seen on this.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
But Jimmy's right tho.

Watching people play games AND (this is important) listen to their worthless, annoying commentary is boring.

Longplays without commentary's the way to go.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I have no desire to watch someone else play video games.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
My rebuttal to Jimmy Kimmel is to not recognize that his unfunny ass exists.

Marek

Banned
It's like, Jimmy, my man, could you actually run a mile without passing out / having a heart attack / havin . A stroke?

Probably not.

Stfu about sports then you Chris Christie lookin ass unfunny washed up hack.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Why are these hardcore nerds so fucking caught up in what people think of their "hobbies"? Do what you love, who cares what Jimmy Kimmel says...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Floyd Mayweather Jr /= real fighting

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Jamie Lee Curtis at the end of that vid was so hilarious!
A lot of the appeal to like twitch is also the chat features

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Jimmy Kimmel is entitled to his preferences just like anyone else. I often times find watching others play games boring unless for strategy or to learn how yo get through a particularly challenging area in a game but I never got into the whole twitch phenomena or the esports genre. I see the hye and its clear from the video (which was excellent BTW) that fans are passionate and the scene has exploded into a much larger venue than when Moment 37 happened.

The only issue with Kimmel is he said his opinion on public TV in a way to garner cheap laughs by riding outdated stereotypes of gamers when he himself does not necessarily understand the topic. Naturally, this doesn't st well with people like Francis.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
The only issue with Kimmel is he said his opinion on public TV in a way to garner cheap laughs by riding outdated stereotypes of gamers when he himself does not necessarily understand the topic. Naturally, this doesn't st well with people like Francis.

From a business standpoint, Kimmel had the right idea. He said something to get attention, he got it and BAM.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
This response is probably the classiest response video i've EVER seen on this.

This is the only video response I've seen on this. I didn't even know Jimmy Kimmel said anything until this thread, too. I don't think there's a real big outrage over this. I'm sure even most of the gamers that heard his comments took it in stride and saw it for what it was: a joke. I don't think it warranted any sort of video response. I thought the video posted was one of the most cringe-worthy things I've seen here in awhile.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Gaming in general has a very negative stereotype. And I understand because it leads to a sedentary lifestyle.

I believe SouthPark made an episode around this (back to the Jimmy Kimmel thing), however it was more about youtubers than Twitch...

Personally sometimes I like watching my friends play and stream, and i like chatting with them on the Twitch chat

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sounds like Kimmel trolled the fuck out of a lot of life-losers.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
If ANYTHING, Kimmel did the community a FAVOR by letting it be known such a thing exists. Though to be fair, it'll probably be crowded by people that really don't play games, so...

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
To be fair, yeah he's allowed his opinions, but Kimmel shouldn't make generalisations. Poorly researched cheap jokes.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
If ANYTHING, Kimmel did the community a FAVOR by letting it be known such a thing exists. Though to be fair, it'll probably be crowded by people that really don't play games, so...

The "community" probably does not give a fuck.