The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The minerals in clay may be helpful to your body but people and cultures usually only eat or supplement their bodies with dirt when they are starving.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The minerals in clay may be helpful to your body but people and cultures usually only eat or supplement their bodies with dirt when they are starving.
I really need to figure out this mud culture that Qanon folk are on

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I was watching something on Discovery or whatever where pregnant women were craving and eating dirt and other strange, non-food things, and it was discovered that they actually had vitamin/mineral deficiencies that they were successfully "treating" by consuming that stuff.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Pregnant women in African swear by this one weird trick!

According to the WHO (credible?)

Infant mortality:
The highest under-five mortality rate remains in the WHO African Region (74 per 1000 live births), around 9 times higher than that in the WHO European Region (8 per 1000 live births).

Deaths during childbirth:
Sub-Saharan Africa alone accounted for roughly two-thirds (196 000) of maternal deaths, while Southern Asia accounted for nearly one-fifth (58 000).

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I was watching something on Discovery or whatever where pregnant women were craving and eating dirt and other strange, non-food things, and it was discovered that they actually had vitamin/mineral deficiencies that they were successfully "treating" by consuming that stuff.

Yes, that’s called malnourishment.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
An infant mortality rate of 7.4% is absolutely terrifying and tragic.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
We are jars of clay.

One question they ask every pregnant woman who goes to the OBGYN is if they eat/consume anything that is non-food.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Nope. Not really in a customer facing position anyway, but none of the FOH is wearing one either, not required by state or owner. Can't even remember the last time I saw someone I work with wearing one, probably sometime between end of 2020 and March 2021.

2D274905725931-ss-120129-bettywhite-tease2.jpg

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's a picture of Bet-He White.

Everywhere I go, everybody is wearing masks. Except the whiteys.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
How is the typical "let's go Brandon" fan going to make that connection?!

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Just got a voicemail from work, another one of my co-workers tested positive for Covid, here we go again...😭😭😭

Kind of a weird moment, they're still reusing the prerecorded message our beloved receptionist, who quit, made, so, it's like getting a warning from a ghost. 😂

Our union reps are negotiating our 2022 contract with the big boss man today too, so, that's bad timing, as I think another one of us testing positive weakens our position, but, it could go the other way too. He just gave us all a raise recently anyway, and the CNAs a really big one at that, so, other than improving staffing levels (which is proving very difficult to accomplish these days, with so many people unwilling to work), I don't know what else they could hope to get out of him in the way of meaningful change.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't know how your bargaining position can weaken any further than "30% of the staff are mentally retarded."