The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm talking about firing people who refuse the vaccine in 2021./

You blamed those people for bringing it in to congregate care settings in 2020. I said that was unfair.

2021 I agree is a different ballpark.

I actually think if you work in healthcare or any congregate care setting in 2021 and aren’t vaccinated you’re an idiot.

The risk of transmission, much like the rent, is just too damn high.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
While the vaccines reduce the severity of an infection, they do not appear to prevent infection or reduce transmission rates to a significant degree. Unvaccinated and vaccinated staff have roughly the same probability of transmitting the virus to nursing home residents. If all the residents are vaccinated and other reasonable precautions are taken, mandating employee vaccination seems unnecessary and may not stand up to legal scrutiny depending on employment contracts, union rules, etc.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I had a swell time in the Gwar mosh pit. My buddy and i were the only 2 with masks on (both vaxxed) can anyone tell me how well a mask works when its soaked in fake blood? This thought occurred to me grappling a metal CHUD.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I had a swell time in the Gwar mosh pit. My buddy and i were the only 2 with masks on (both vaxxed) can anyone tell me how well a mask works when its soaked in fake blood? This thought occurred to me grappling a metal CHUD.

Masks other than property fitted N95s do basically nothing even in controlled settings. So real world, a cloth or surgical mask likely provides a visible reminder to social distance and little else.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Masks other than property fitted N95s do basically nothing even in controlled settings. So real world, a cloth or surgical mask likely provides a visible reminder to social distance and little else.
Cool. Guess it reinforces the point that im 33 and gave up 1.5 years and just dont care anymore.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Are you trolling, Nick?
No. Just making some points based on my understanding of the situation and experience in the healthcare industry. Factor in the current labor market shortages and it's pretty clear cut. At best, the increased risk of having some unvaccinated workers is negligible in M's scenario. If the unvaccinated workers quit as a result of a vaccine mandate and are not immediately replaced by qualified personnel, the remaining staff would be required by law to pick up the slack, working double/triple shifts, which in and of itself would be far more dangerous in terms of patient care.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
No. Just making some points based on my understanding of the situation and experience in the healthcare industry. Factor in the current labor market shortages and it's pretty clear cut. At best, the increased risk of having some unvaccinated workers is negligible in M's scenario. If the unvaccinated workers quit as a result of a vaccine mandate and are not immediately replaced by qualified personnel, the remaining staff would be required by law to pick up the slack, working double/triple shifts, which in and of itself would be far more dangerous in terms of patient care.
What’s your legal precedent for your claim that employees and unions would win wrongful termination suits?

There have been a lot of these lawsuits so far. The terminated employees haven’t been winning.

As for your vaccination logic, it comes off as ignorant. Where do you get the argument that a vaccinated person is just as likely to spread the virus as an unvaccinated? Where do you get the idea that vaccinated people are 100% immune (that’s exactly how you spun it)?

did you learn this shit in prison or something? Why are you so ignorant?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
As usual, all you've got are ad hominem attacks and cherry-picked rebuttals.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Your lies are dangerous.

Some of the studies I have looked at suggest that things like vacuum bags and nylon pantyhose are the best filter materials for a range of droplet sizes. So I hope that's what you're wearing.

Need to be safe after all.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Some of the studies I have looked at suggest that things like vacuum bags and nylon pantyhose are the best filter materials for a range of droplet sizes. So I hope that's what you're wearing.

Need to be safe after all.
Is that what you're wearing?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Hopefully, the day after our booster shots isn't going to be a clusterfuck, like the day after our 2nd Moderna shots was, with a ridiculous number of call-ins from every department (I felt icky from it, and had the day off, but, my boss called me and asked me to come in, because so many other people didn't, and I did, because M is a responsible fook or some shit). The day after our booster shots is a Saturday too, and people REALLY like calling in on the weekends to begin with, so, my crystal ball says it's going to be "fun" (I'm already scheduled to work that Saturday, and I will, even if the booster makes me feel like shit warmed over.)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hopefully, the day after our booster shots isn't going to be a clusterfuck, like the day after our 2nd Moderna shots was, with a ridiculous number of call-ins from every department (I felt icky from it, and had the day off, but, my boss called me and asked me to come in, because so many other people didn't, and I did, because M is a responsible fook or some shit). The day after our booster shots is a Saturday too, and people REALLY like calling in on the weekends to begin with, so, my crystal ball says it's going to be "fun" (I'm already scheduled to work that Saturday, and I will, even if the booster makes me feel like shit warmed over.)
If someone calls in sick on the weekend, fire them.

And if your employer doesn't, then call in sick, and demand the sick pay.

Why are we commiserating with you over all your shithead coworkers? Take your life back, already.

If your employer wants to get people in line, offer $4 more per hour from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. Offer a $50 weekly bonus if a nurse hasn't missed any shifts nor showed up late, missed time. Offer a $500 bonus to employees who recruit new nurses, who get hired and stay on for at least 2 months with satisfactory attendance.

if that doesn't work, find a better nursing home to work at. Respect yourself.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Communities with higher vaccination rates have had lower infection rates. This has been shown.

And also remember that a facility with fewer workers per resident means fewer infections per resident (this is proven).

So win-win on covid.