The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Had company wide meeting today.

Offically back to the office on 9/1.
- Most employees will be required to be in the office at least 3 days a week.
- Some will be expected 5 days.
- Only exception is IT.

Employees will need to provide proof of vaccination or will be required to wear a mask.
- N95s will be provided to all who want.

Company outing scheduled for mid September (approximately 300 employees).
- As a reminder drink tickets should not be shared with interns under the age of 21 (:eye::eye:)
- Change of clothes will be provided for those associates whom the Risk Oversight Committee has identified as persons of interest (:eye::eye:)
- No cans will be onsite (:eye::eye:)
Those last 3 seem targeted at a certain someone

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The fuck is a risk oversight committee.

I don’t think we’re going to have our company picnic this year.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
The fuck is a risk oversight committee.

I don’t think we’re going to have our company picnic this year.
A group of about 10 to 15 people who meet to identify/oversee management of key business, personnell operational, financial and even reputational risks to the company.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
A group of about 10 to 15 people who meet to identify/oversee management of key business, personnell operational, financial and even reputational risks to the company.

I’m convinced you work for The Firm.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Damn got another case of COVID at work.

Sigh, really wondering how this person caught it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Good news is we’ll be quarantined for next two weeks, which honestly isn’t the worst. Then I have a week off following that. I’ll be solo camping so no exposure concern.

I’m interested to see how the delta variant progresses and if the current vaccines are even effective at preventing it’s transmission. Hard to measure I’m sure. Many are saying it’s “rare” but then you hear numbers like 5% of vaccinated contract it.

I’m wondering if we’ll see a situation where people are getting yearly Corona shots like they get flu shots.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I’m wondering if we’ll see a situation where people are getting yearly Corona shots like they get flu shots.

If I were a betting man I'd put a lot of money on that.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
If it's this bad in the middle of summer, things could get a lot worse in a few months.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah I think some people and communities are going to get absolutely wrecked by this shit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
At least we hit 70% nationwide.

In Russia, the vaccination rate isn’t even 20%. The government tried too hard to spread propaganda about Pfizer, Moderna, and AZ, so hard that Russians at home bought into the stories and won’t even get it when the government asks them to.

I know a guy who went to Russia last month for his mom’s funeral, and during that time, his childhood best friend died of Covid, along with his wife’s friend, all in the same city. Hell of a month for that dude.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Alright boys, shits getting real:

McDonalds is requiring all employees AND customers to wear masks in stores as of Today.

I almost wish I worked retail so I could trespass a motherfucker.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

McDonalds is requiring all employees AND customers to wear masks in stores as of Today.
On August 3, 2021? Fucking embarrassing. Honestly I had no idea it wasn't already required. What a fucking joke.

I honestly can not imagine the mental strain minimum wage workers at restaurants and stores have had to go through this past year and a half. I feel sad for them, for real.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
On August 3, 2021? Fucking embarrassing. Honestly I had no idea it wasn't already required. What a fucking joke.

I honestly can not imagine the mental strain minimum wage workers at restaurants and stores have had to go through this past year and a half. I feel sad for them, for real.

Fam, in case you forgot we have 50 states and most businesses are simply following state law. It’s easy to throw the government under the bus and say “we’re just following the law” - it’s another thing to tell a customer it’s corporate policy.

Also…have you seen the whackadoo shit going on in FL and TX?

Agreed bro. The “essential workers are heroes” schlock was just absolute nonsense. None of those people cared a lick, theyre just addicted to convenience.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Like a kid at work got COVID. A kid in our care that is.

Kid hasn’t been outside our care for weeks. They got it from a staff. I’m so fucking mad. It’s like bro, we take care of kids, you had one fucking job. MF.

Oh well, I get an extra $7/hour while I work with youth who have COVID.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Like a kid at work got COVID. A kid in our care that is.

Kid hasn’t been outside our care for weeks. They got it from a staff. I’m so fucking mad. It’s like bro, we take care of kids, you had one fucking job. MF.

Oh well, I get an extra $7/hour while I work with youth who have COVID.
Wild shit how it spreads, man. Hope you don't catch it.

I honestly have zero clue about what businesses have required masks in America. In Beijing for the past year and a half, masks have always been required when in a supermarket and public transport (but very lax in other places). Meanwhile I've talked to other foreigners all over China and they all say people haven't worn masks in over a year, fuck me.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hell, up until a mont ago, I wore masks at the drive through.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

I almost wish I worked retail so I could trespass a motherfucker.

I'll leave when asked.

Mandating mask wearing today is just fucking stupid.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Lithy I have a petty fantasy in which I just want to trespass someone or have their car towed.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Because vaccines are available and work.

Because kids aren't at risk despite not being eligible for a vaccine. Plus they can't wear a mask properly anyway.

Because even those infected with breakthrough infections are not getting seriously sick or dying.

Because even though cases are rising again, deaths are not rising at the same rate.

Because evidence from the UK and elsewhere suggests this variant surge will be short lived.

Because your betters don't even follow the very rules they suggest for you.

Because zero covid is not a realistic goal, if it ever was to begin with.

But mostly because vaccines are available and work. At this point if you are unvaccinated it's on you.