The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I hear blue states and city's are going to attempt to hold them hostage. As in never reopen. Basically launching a civil war. Closing their ports as well to block all shipments.

My source predicted this 9 weeks ago and it's happening.

Why cant you go post in the Qannon thread?

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.

Hahha when I read that post, I thought of the same quote from The Nameless City. One of my faves from Lovecraft.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Hahha when I read that post, I thought of the same quote from The Nameless City. One of my faves from Lovecraft.

My faves are Dreams in The Witch House and The Case of Charles Dexter Ward but I also love most of his other works, including the earlier Ulthar short stories.

Lovecraft's writing style definitely has its flaws but his dream-fueled imagination and the ingenious merging of reality and fiction more than makes up for it. Some of his dreams during a single night of sleep gave him exceptionally deep insights, even though he was unaware of that during most of his life.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Australia has pretty much defeated this thing. Another month and we’ll probably have no trace of it left. Borders will need to stay closed for some time though.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Australia has pretty much defeated this thing. Another month and we’ll probably have no trace of it left. Borders will need to stay closed for some time though.

Nothing lives here for long, at least not well anyway.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Is this a safe space to start a discussion about what reopening anything looks like or will I get accused of wanting people to die?

Seems to me like we have stagnated, governors will be crippled by fear to be the first to act. News has absolutely nothing to talk about but disease cases, people dying, how coronavirus affected X. We're in a doomed endless cycle unable to gather the want for a return to normal life. It's only 2 weeks was the initial rallying cry, now we don't even get potential dates. Just listen and we'll be back to normal in no time has become social distancing and reduced business capacity until 2023. The longer this goes on, the more businesses will begin to seem 'essential'. PA Gov seems to realize we need liquor though so he's adding employees back to that state system.

PA Gov also announces mandatory masking even as the legislature passed a bill to reopen more businesses that he will veto. Still wondering what authority is being claimed for governance by decree, might have to test the limits of this 'law' on my weekly grocery shopping trip. Will they take me to jail so I can get covid there instead? Is it possible to enter a business without a mask to buy a mask?

lithy

20 Year Member
Don't worry, I found my out, "except individuals who cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition (including children the age of 2 years) may enter the premises without having to provide medical documentation;". Pretty sure we haven't federalized grocery store employees yet, so it wouldn't be a crime to tell them I have a medical condition that prevents me from wearing a mask, right?

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Is this a safe space to start a discussion about what reopening anything looks like or will I get accused of wanting people to die?

Seems to me like we have stagnated, governors will be crippled by fear to be the first to act. News has absolutely nothing to talk about but disease cases, people dying, how coronavirus affected X. We're in a doomed endless cycle unable to gather the want for a return to normal life. It's only 2 weeks was the initial rallying cry, now we don't even get potential dates. Just listen and we'll be back to normal in no time has become social distancing and reduced business capacity until 2023. The longer this goes on, the more businesses will begin to seem 'essential'. PA Gov seems to realize we need liquor though so he's adding employees back to that state system.

PA Gov also announces mandatory masking even as the legislature passed a bill to reopen more businesses that he will veto. Still wondering what authority is being claimed for governance by decree, might have to test the limits of this 'law' on my weekly grocery shopping trip. Will they take me to jail so I can get covid there instead? Is it possible to enter a business without a mask to buy a mask?

States can open back up if they can do what South Korea's approach of mass testing or Taiwan's approach of test and trace.

We are not testing anywhere close to enough. https://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2020/04/april-16-update-us-covid-19-test-results.html

lithy

20 Year Member

eclypse

Banned
I know my state wont open for a long time!

If they do open say in a month it will only be to re pump up those numbers to say "oh look.. we tried step one and the infection numbers went up.. another 6-8 weeks of lock down!

Honestly. Mentally my mind is over it. Done.. turn the page.

I mean they tell everyone go home and quarantine for 2 weeks if they feel ya got it.. we are well past that. The shit is done and past. The thing is weaker then the flu.

Flu deaths went down as now they are now counting them as covid-19.

It wont open till after the election!

Unless we come together and protest every week or a few times a week!!!

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Just a heads up since I've been living this for a month and a half longer than the rest of you, but businesses didn't open up until 2+ months later here. So if America is following the China model, you can add on about three to four more weeks of this until things return to something resembling normal.

And there are restrictions, like wearing face masks outside the entire time, two to a table, restricting the amount of people inside, etc. There are some things America will not follow, such as writing down your ID number, phone number, and scanning a QR code to show you haven't traveled the past two weeks (I guess it uses the phone's GPS or something, who knows) whenever you enter a restaurant. Do supermarkets in America have temperature scanners at the entrance yet to show people don't have a fever?

Never ever did I think this would be still going on in April. Every country has been playing it by ear, day-by-day. No one truly knows what to do.

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
Even heard a call from a women that had a friend that worked at that lab and she told her that it was the nastiest thing they were working on and one day it just vanished.. gone without word!

The thing was tweaked by someone else. It's a Frankenstein! It has other things spliced into it like the HIV delivery system.. no it's not aids.. it's just got the Aids delivery system. That's how it spreads so easily. It's a bioweapon designed to kill.

And because it has the HIV delivery system you can come down with it again over and over.

So with all the talk of oh you now have immunity now.. and you can go back to work.. is possibly bullshit.

I've heard this conspiracy theory, but don't at all find it plausible. Even a rogue government understands suicide...

Trying to engineer a deadlier mutant form of a virus to have handy as a weapon of war to release at enemies is suicide...

It will come back right around to destroy your own people, you have no control of the unpredictable destructive outcome...

I do however find the bat woman theory plausible of that Wuhan lab collecting/studying existing viruses from bats (which live with many viruses) and one of them screwing up, accidentally letting it loose, spreading from there, then blaming it on bat soup given the nearby wet market to serve as convenient scapegoat.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Do supermarkets in America have temperature scanners at the entrance yet to show people don't have a fever?

No they don't, they've even run out of sanitizer wipes for the grocery carts, they don't have masks or mask for sale, besides toilet paper I haven't been able to find rubbing alcohol, liquid hand soap or sanitizer, sanitizer wipes or lysol for going on two months now.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I mean they tell everyone go home and quarantine for 2 weeks if they feel ya got it.. we are well past that. The shit is done and past. The thing is weaker then the flu.

Flu deaths went down as now they are now counting them as covid-19.

I see a bunch of conspiretards say the death count is being over reported, if anything it's being under reported. So far they had only been reporting deaths as people known infected who died.

Think about aids, pretty sure nobody ever died of aids. You die of complications from other issues.
It knocks your immune system out of whack and anything can kill you, including a cold or whatever.

Basically they've just been testing people who come into to the emergency room specifically with those exact systems, corona virus related issues. They changed it a couple days ago.

Also people could had died alone and nobody knows about it.
New York thinks they may have around 3,700 cases.

I made this a couple days ago on facebook

According to world meter there were roughly 2,500 covid-19 deaths yesterday. Johns Hopkins is showing almost 1,500 more deaths then them. This is for all those people who say but the flu...car accidents... The leading cause of US Deaths last year was heart Disease 647,475/365=1,774 per day ---Cancer 599,108/365=1,641 per day ---- Influenza (the flu)+ pneumonia 55,672/365=153 per day. Make no mistake about it.. this is the hottest ticket going, quickest way to end up dead right now. Please take this seriously or do so at your own peril.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Don't worry, I found my out, "except individuals who cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition (including children the age of 2 years) may enter the premises without having to provide medical documentation;". Pretty sure we haven't federalized grocery store employees yet, so it wouldn't be a crime to tell them I have a medical condition that prevents me from wearing a mask, right?

Yeah even though testing is important it would be nice to be able to get some masks for everybody before we re-open. To give them or sell them ..whatever. Also those other cleaning agents I listed above.

Online I keep seeing 50 masks for $30 from Wuhan, but I'd rather just get a dozen or two that are nicer quality and preferably made in America or at least an American distributor. Individually packaged would be nice also versus a bunch of them probably tossed in a bag.

Also not everybody can or does shop online.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
No they don't, they've even run out of sanitizer wipes for the grocery carts, they don't have masks or mask for sale, besides toilet paper I haven't been able to find rubbing alcohol, liquid hand soap or sanitizer, sanitizer wipes or lysol for going on two months now.

This virus is exposing so many things wrong with America. The west put all their hens in one basket, which formed a superhen that contains everything needed to manufacture something. Now the superhen has control of what it wants to make and who to give it to.

I think around January 23rd here damn near everyone was wearing a face mask, and then not shortly thereafter every supermarket worker was wearing facemasks, disposable gloves, some even had a face shield. It's appalling going on reddit and seeing posts where supermarket workers or shop workers are given nothing by the companies. No face shield, facemasks, nada.