The Debate

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I don't see it making any impact.

Considering the real possibility that the next president could die in office, I think it should have been more important. I reminded myself during the debate that I might be watching a future president.

Pete Buttigieg looks like a Super Lithy.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Both sides have abdicated their legislative duties and continually pass the buck to the courts. The beauty of this tactic is that neither party has to actually do anything and can scapegoat the other side and the court to gin up votes and donations.

Rather than packing the court, they could maybe try... governing? Reduce the power of the judicial branch by requiring supermajorities or unanimous decisions to overturn laws. Enshrine abortion rights in a congressional bill. All the culture war stuff is a distraction to keep the plebs riled up while both parties continue to sell us out to corporate interests.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I don't see it making any impact. The admin's various Hail Mary moves are going to erase the debate in a few hours.

Any thoughts on why Harris and Biden don't point out that "court packing" is in the hands of congress? Their current responses don't feel great. I mean, my impression is that Biden doesn't really have the stomach for it but wants the possibility of avenging Garland to remain a motivator for the base.

Anyway, we should have 25 Justices and they should die constantly.

That's another thing I forgot to mention, she missed several easy KO's

Both sides have abdicated their legislative duties and continually pass the buck to the courts. The beauty of this tactic is that neither party has to actually do anything and can scapegoat the other side and the court to gin up votes and donations.

Rather than packing the court, they could maybe try... governing? Reduce the power of the judicial branch by requiring supermajorities or unanimous decisions to overturn laws. Enshrine abortion rights in a congressional bill. All the culture war stuff is a distraction to keep the plebs riled up while both parties continue to sell us out to corporate interests.

Good job, you're right about something!
Keep it up brah!

You didn't copy and paste that from somewhere else did you?

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Any thoughts on why Harris and Biden don't point out that "court packing" is in the hands of congress? Their current responses don't feel great. I mean, my impression is that Biden doesn't really have the stomach for it but wants the possibility of avenging Garland to remain a motivator for the base.

I watched this debate and honestly I was much happier then the one with Trump and Biden. I think Pence did a damn good job overall. Harris was doing ok as well. I just wish she'd had researched a little more on some of her talking points.

My own thoughts on why they won't answer the question on packing the courts is they know if they admit that they'd do it, They'd lose a lot of votes because for the last 150 years, the court was always 9 justices on the bench. Packing the courts just would turn it into a fucking circus. The republicans could pack the court also and we'd had a shitton of judges with their fingers up their asses.

This I 100% agree with.

Also Harris should have really, really shut the fuck up about fracking. Joe has been recorded multiple times saying they're going to get rid of it and Harris has been recorded saying that they are not going to get rid of it. It made my head spin for a moment. Other then that she was doing well.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I watched only 5 minutes of the VP debate but got annoyed and shut it off. I figured what’s the point I know who i’m voting for anyway...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I watched this debate and honestly I was much happier then the one with Trump and Biden. I think Pence did a damn good job overall. Harris was doing ok as well. I just wish she'd had researched a little more on some of her talking points.

We must have been watching two different debates. Pence was robotic. His responses to questions like presidential succession had nothing to do with the question asked, at all. It was like he was on a script.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So looks like the 2nd presidential debate is officially cancelled.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
My moment of the night was when Biden ended a back and forth with "512 children with nowhere to go and they can't find their parents" and Trump said, "Good!".

I was like "no way" and had to rewind it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The Lincoln cameo was surreal. I wonder how many got it wrong beside Trump. My favourite moment was Joe & his pen, at times it looked like he was stabbing someone. A banger it was.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My moment of the night was when Biden ended a back and forth with "512 children with nowhere to go and they can't find their parents" and Trump said, "Good!".

I was like "no way" and had to rewind it.

Lot of people heard 'good' but he said 'go ahead' to the moderator for the next question.

500+ children separated from their parents forever is downright evil. They're not reuniting. Just evil.

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Lot of people heard 'good' but he said 'go ahead' to the moderator for the next question.

500+ children separated from their parents forever is downright evil. They're not reuniting. Just evil.

Ah, that makes more sense, lol. It really did sound like it. Yeah, that some horrible stuff.