TONK TOOK 5000 USD TO SELL THE FAKE AEROFIGHTERS 3 US ( REPORT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
So, what did you make of VI in the end then? Yay, nay or just ok?

After playing so much SSVS and then jumping over to SSVI, I faired very poorly against Charles' Amakusa unless I was playing Galford or Yumeji. I personally still like the game but it is radically different from any other SS title. I really wish the game was a little faster, which is why I probably do better with the speedier characters like Yumeji.

Back on topic, it appears this mess has run its course. We now know the carts were fake, Tonk went into the cursed earth willingly, and the drama is dying out. I say we lock this thread up; Neo-Geo.com will always make more drama.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So, what did you make of VI in the end then? Yay, nay or just ok?

I thought VI was a lot of fun, but just slow. I loved the idea of selecting from 6 playmodes. Loved the complete roster. But felt it was the slowest 2D shodown.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
aria was right from the start

game over. The user wins.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I have never played 6 but watching it on youtube, I did love the animation of Iroha silhouette POW move.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Man, all of you MVS missionaries are boring.

We get it. It's cheaper. That notion remains completely independent from the questionable consumer choices pertaining to this thread.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Before locking, a mod should type up a quick synopsis of proceedings. Ending with "Tonk asked to be banned".

SSS

neo retired
Don't know much about CMVS, but is what Powerflower saying true? i.e. can't get RGB through a CMVS (like AI's or Omega's?)

if so, I never knew that...

The Omega does most definitely put out RGB. I hacked up the scart cable that came with and have it hooked up to a Sony PVM. Looks as good or better than any arcade cabinet. If you just wanted to play the games for original hardware, this is probably the easiest setup.

0e2fe02b0798b9bb4984d57c8d19c024_zps1bccdea0.jpg

Last edited:

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Can someone please save this thread by posting another controversial picture of obscure Neo hardware? matching patterns on the AF3 insert? a car engine? anything??

I really liked this type of discussion:

"The printing quality of the AF3 art looks like it was digitized and reproduced. So the cart is fake."

"AF3 and PS2 are test copies, and SNK didn't use the same standards as on retail versions, so they can still be legit."

"AF3 can't be a test copy because it has a bar code."

"AF3 isn't an !Arcade! product because the paper thickness is different from PI2."

"AF3 and PS2 are supposed to be test copies but don't have the same issues/printing quality etc."

"SNK used inconsistent printing quality all the time in that era (even on retail games), so AF3 and PS2 can still be legit."

"If you are for real, answer these questions about your employment at SNK and the provenance of the games."

"You won't believe me anyways. But here's a pic of an 8 slot board instead."

I was almost convinced that AF3 was real based on the information provided when it came out.

With the argument that any deviation from a retail game of the same era can be explained by declaring AF3 and PS2 test copies, it remains a question of faith for the owners.

The games can probably still find new buyers (who at least believe they could be real) in a few years. There's been several contradictions in what DavidG and TonK have said during this drama, but most people will probably not go back to check once the dust has settled.

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
The games can probably still find new buyers (who at least believe they could be real) in a few years. There's been several contradictions in what DavidG and TonK have said during this drama, but most people will probably not go back to check once the dust has settled.

That's a neat point.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Can someone please save this thread by posting another controversial picture of obscure Neo hardware? matching patterns on the AF3 insert? a car engine? anything??

I really liked this type of discussion:

"The printing quality of the AF3 art looks like it was digitized and reproduced. So the cart is fake."

"AF3 and PS2 are test copies, and SNK didn't use the same standards as on retail versions, so they can still be legit."

"AF3 can't be a test copy because it has a bar code."

"AF3 isn't an !Arcade! product because the paper thickness is different from PI2."

"AF3 and PS2 are supposed to be test copies but don't have the same issues/printing quality etc."

"SNK used inconsistent printing quality all the time in that era (even on retail games), so AF3 and PS2 can still be legit."

"If you are for real, answer these questions about your employment at SNK and the provenance of the games."

"You won't believe me anyways. But here's a pic of an 8 slot board instead."

I was almost convinced that AF3 was real based on the information provided when it came out.

With the argument that any deviation from a retail game of the same era can be explained by declaring AF3 and PS2 test copies, it remains a question of faith for the owners.

You know, even though this thread died, I have to admit that I found this post to be excellent. Not sure why, but maybe because it sums up the key points and does so in a very objective way.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
You know, even though this thread died, I have to admit that I found this post to be excellent. Not sure why, but maybe because it sums up the key points and does so in a very objective way.
probably because, as you say, it leans more objectively towards you and 5 other individuals not shelling out 5 figure sums for what are effectively photoshopped fan-made copies of Aerofighters 3 with the approx ACTUAL value of $250 each.

Because, potentially, that's a hell of a loss. I'd be doing all I could to validate my 'investment' too, especially at this stage in the debate i.e. majority in favour of being illegitimate copies, unfortunately...

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
My English is weak but I tried to read all posts in this topic and found that this is one of best 2013 topic really.....

r20.gif

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
Yeah...

Those of you tuning in for the continuing saga of DavidG and the AF3/PS2 carts, go to this thread and read the latest along with his own replies, "So Vinh _did_ talk to SNK about DavidG:" (already in progress).

This thread's more or less run it's course and powerflower didn't seem to get it, so now I've moved all ~150 of his and related posts to their own new thread!

I've also banned powerflower for 24 hours, I don't really know why... it just felt like the right thing to do. If things continue to be a problem I may just temp lock this thread.

bdlou

Quiz Detective
Yeah...

Those of you tuning in for the continuing saga of DavidG and the AF3/PS2 carts, go to this thread and read the latest along with his own replies, "So Vinh _did_ talk to SNK about DavidG:" (already in progress).

This thread's more or less run it's course and powerflower didn't seem to get it, so now I've moved all ~150 of his and related posts to their own new thread!

I've also banned powerflower for 24 hours, I don't really know why... it just felt like the right thing to do. If things continue to be a problem I may just temp lock this thread.

Thank you. Ugh.

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
certainly the faked AF3 carts are worth more than 250. They now represent an important part of neo geo history. see king of fighters 2000 freak edition

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The NGF KOF 2000? You see those get listed for funny money all the time, but did any of those actually sell?

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Had a few bad dealings when I split, paid everyone back in the past 24 hours except dead pixels (waiting for him to get back online). That's the long and short of it.

Is "bad dealings" a new euphemism for "I ripped people off and stole their money".

edit: My bad, just saw your title; I guess it is.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Can things ever change? I hope it could but as long as those in power are close minded, I don’t see how that can ever be. If you’re looking for the “Truth” you must first be open to the possibility that the games are real. If you fail at this very first step, there isn’t anything anyone can say or do that will ever change your mind.

I was always open to the possibility that these games were real, so were a lot of other members here.

But those pics just proved it for me.

Fake. Scam. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.