Total Recall - The Perfect Arnold Movie?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Best movie Arnold was part of was Conan. Tremendous talent all over that cast, fantastic sceneries, great cinematography and even better score, everything else just wanted to be Conan. Total Recall is good, Jerry Goldsmith did great but you know he was copying Basil, he was ripping Basil off during the intro credits in Total Recall, my favorite part of the movie.

Other than Conan all the other Arnold movies feel cheap except for Predator.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
arnoldwall.jpg

I lol'd

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
although Total Recall is my favorite Arnold movie. I'd have to say 'The Perfect Arnold' movie would be Commando, followed by Predator then Running man.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Favorite Arnold movie...

MV5BMjA4MzMxNTAyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDM1MTQyMQ__V1__SY317_.jpg

No no ... but really my vote goes for.

conan002.jpg

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I'm glad you guys are on point,

I was about to come in here and CALL KIDPANDA A RETARD.

I'm watching you kid...

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member

RATM

Zack de la Neo,
Total Recall is a sweet film, really captures the action sci-fi flavor of the 80s, although I'll still have to stand by Terminator 2 as my favorite action Arnold film. For his more humorous work, however, I gotta go with this...

twins_9021.jpg

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Conan, terminator, total recall, predator, true lies, commando, terminator 2....All are seriously kick ass films that I can watch any time. Of any of them, I've only grown tired of T2 simply because I've seen it so many times.

Personally...while Conan takes my number one, true lies is a VERY close second for some reason.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
It's often overlooked, but Eraser is pretty entertaining too.

I still need to check out Sixth Day to see if it's any good.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

It's really not all that bad. Better than eraser in my opinion...

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Can't decide between Conan, Predator and The Terminator. All superb action films.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Terminator 2 is the best movie that Arnold is in in my opinion.

Predator is my favorite.

It's just that T2 is just so damn good. It's like actually good. Probably one of the best action flicks ever.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The Running Man is my favorite movie. It has to have the greatest number of Arnold one-liners of any Arnold movie. It also has my favorite one-liner of all time

Ben Richards: Killian...I'll be back
Killian: Only in a rerun..

That's such a "fuck you" to somebody...I love it.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
y'all won't like me for this,
but I'm a fan of batman forever.
I think all the terrible one liners were just so bad
they were great.

Otherwise, my favorite Arnold movie probably would
have to be commando.
Great movie.

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
y'all won't like me for this, but I'm a fan of batman forever.
I think all the terrible one liners were just so bad they were great.
Okay, let's get one thing straight: Schwarzenegger was in Batman & Robin which didn't get the benefit of having Jim Carrey supporting a weaker character. Had those two guys been in one movie and Tommy Lee Jones and Uma Thurman in the other, at least one of 'em would've been good.

And yes, Schwarzenegger's take on the Mr. Freeze character was definitely something the general public could have enjoyed more than the traditionally-depressed version, but saying that Batman & Robin is your favourite one of his movies is... just going too far.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
How about Commando?
Commando has to be the best. So many great cheesy one-liners, over the top action, it has it all. But really Arnold has been in so many great movies over the years, it's hard to pick a favorite.

What about Twins? I hear that a sequel is in the works.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Sixth day is a pretty damn good movie. Not on the caliber of T2/Predator, but it's fun.

P.S. - Don't read the spoiler, T.A.P.

Spoiler:
...Especially when you have two Arnolds that look at each other and exclaim "cool!" simultaneously in that terrible but oh so loveable accent.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Sixth day is a pretty damn good movie. Not on the caliber of T2/Predator, but it's fun.

P.S. - Don't read the spoiler, T.A.P.

Spoiler:
...Especially when you have two Arnolds that look at each other and exclaim "cool!" simultaneously in that terrible but oh so loveable accent.

dude i loved the sixth day! its one of my top three arnie movies. along with predator and total recall.

i also liked end of days. it was pretty, well not good, but i thought it was fun.

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
Some seriously wacked out opinions in this thread!!!:lolz: Commando... Ok, it's pure arnie, but so's Connan an a much better movie! Total recall definitely no 1 though! Quite possibly my favourite movie of all time, Arnie just ownes that film! I feel massively personally insulted that they dared to try an remake it. The terminator, whilst not an 'Arnie' film, is clearly awesome. I love the fact that he auditioned for the hero role but ended up with the terminator, cause he was so good at playing a robot...:lolz: Apparently, he was the one who came up with the idea of moving his eyes first, then his head, when he's driving the car, looking for Sarah Connor, so he looks less human. T2, also, clearly awesome, but no where near the Terminator, lacks all the grittyness of the original...
Not sure if I can put my finger on it exactly, but it's the same kinda feel in loads of my favourite arnie films... terminator, predator, total recall, running man... All just feel kinda raw.... I've got a theory about it..... Recon it's cause of the fact that the cinema wasn't as popular in the 80s, so directors had a bit more freedom to be original, but didn't have the budget? By the time T2 came along, there were a load of middle management accountant types involved, who did studies to find out what appealed to the masses and what would sell... Hense, it all looks too slick and 'safe'.... (Still an awesome film though...)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Those steel drums around 11:30 in the background get me everytime. :lolz:

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
No love for Raw Deal around here? It never ceases to entertain me :)

"No body gives Schwarzenegger A Raw Deal"... classic!!

Anyhoo, Predator is for me Arnie's definitive film. Commando isn't far behind, but Predator is just so much better on the action sequences :D