Trump Lied, Who Died?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hm, seems like we may not have the whole story. Is Buzzfeed a realiable news source yet?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/mike-pence-empty-boxes-debunk

"This is absolute garbage spread by @JimmyKimmel," he tweeted. "Pence is clearly joking about empty boxes & if Kimmel showed the full clip from CSPAN, not the one he selectively edited, you see and hear it."

Pence's visit before the cameras on Thursday came a day after White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany told House Democrats to act in good faith and not perform PR stunts.

"We don't have time, in the middle of a pandemic, for publicity stunts," she said. "It's not the time for that. It's not the place for that."

The full clip from CSPAN clearly showed Pence, along with Verma and Polowczyk, loading and unloading boxes of some weight.

Then, as Pence returns to the van one final time, he makes the comment about the empty boxes and immediately smiles as those around him laugh.

When the man helping to unload the van says, "Absolutely," that same man then says jokingly, "They're a lot easier," to more laughter.

Yeah, Pence making jokes is totally appropriate. That's what we need right now.. our political leadership making jokes, and our comedians relaying the government approved news.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Yeah, Pence making jokes is totally appropriate. That's what we need right now.. our political leadership making jokes, and our comedians relaying the government approved news.

Yes, indeed, people are dying, no time for levity, only dour moods all the time.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yes, indeed, people are dying, no time for levity, only dour moods all the time.

From Pence? Why should he joke now? To generate those nervous laughs?

He should just stay in eyeshot of mother until he’s allowed to go home for good in January.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
From Pence? Why should he joke now? To generate those nervous laughs?

He should just stay in eyeshot of mother until he’s allowed to go home for good in January.

I mean, I'm not looking to him to be the next big thing coming out of the DC Improv open mic nights or anything. I'm sort of surprised he was even able to make a genuinely funny quip. I just think there are plenty of things to worry about with Pence and the administration, worrying about a 'carrying an empty box' joke or worse, pretending that it is some sort of super cynical political stunt to carry empty PPE boxes just for the photo op doesn't really register for me.

That people took a Jimmy Kimmel video and ran with it as some sort of hot mic "this is a big fucking deal" scandal is ridiculous, far more worrying to me than Pence making a joke, and almost perfectly demonstrates the level of critical thinking people have reached in the effort to support their 'sides'.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Mike Pence is not a human. He is an android who is programmed to select "jokes" from an excel spreadsheet that he thinks humans might like.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That people took a Jimmy Kimmel video and ran with it as some sort of hot mic "this is a big fucking deal" scandal is ridiculous, far more worrying to me than Pence making a joke, and almost perfectly demonstrates the level of critical thinking people have reached in the effort to support their 'sides'.

That you focus on the people who took the kimmel bit to be serious is ridiculous. I’m surprised it’s worth your time. Just take the lulz like a man.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
It was still a PR stunt and most of the boxes in that van were indeed empty. Weird thing to split hairs over.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hm, seems like we may not have the whole story. Is Buzzfeed a realiable news source yet?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/mike-pence-empty-boxes-debunk

There is an update to this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-coronavirus-coughed-nursing-home-visit.html

Mike Pence's aide who tested positive for coronavirus coughed, spluttered and joked she didn't have it when she visited a nursing home without a mask the day before diagnosis

And my favorite part of the article:
She is married to Stephen Miller,

v

GOOD THINGS CAN HAPPEN IN THIS WORLD

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Woodword just released taped interviews of Trump from February and March.

Now the tagline is is he wants to play it down as to not cause hysteria and actually I think that's cool. Also Dr. Faucci and others have said so at press conferences.

I guess you need to listen to the tone in his voice. He fully understands this is and can be serious. Then when asked what made him pivot, he's like pivot? I've always known this is a serious and grave threat.

Last edited:

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member

Now the tagline is is he wants to play it down as to not cause hysteria and actually I think that's cool. Also Faucci and others have said so at press conferences.

I guess you need to listen to the tone in his voice. He fully understands this is and can be serious. Then when asked what made him pivot he's like pivot? I've always known this is a serious and grave threat.

Not long ago, even some relatively moderate conservatives in our own COVID discussion here were trying to argue that nobody could have seen the gravity of this coming and tried to Both Sides it through April.

Now that this detail has been revealed from back in February, I wonder what talking point will be switched to, as if that line of argument never happened.

Maybe: "Well, yeah, Trump knew after all I guess, but there was nothing anybody could have done anyways, so it's cool" could work.

Or perhaps another variation on "He said that, but what he MEANT was...." could be tried. That's always good for a few rounds of super honest discussion.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Yeah but again look at how almost all of Asian handled it. Whatever they did, they did it right.

No everybody likes to point at Europe, who did a crappy job as well. It took Boris Johnson going to the emergency room and almost dying for England to take it seriously.

To us in the west most of these pandemics turned out to be jokes but they did rock some countries in Asia so they took it seriously from the beginning and had plans from the as to what they would do differently from the last time.

The biggest take away is he didn't take it seriously, ignored it and got his base to ignore it as well running around and spreading it everywhere. If more people took it at face value we wouldn't be here today.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Now the tagline is is he wants to play it down as to not cause hysteria and actually I think that's cool. Also Dr. Faucci and others have said so at press conferences.

I guess you need to listen to the tone in his voice. He fully understands this is and can be serious. Then when asked what made him pivot, he's like pivot? I've always known this is a serious and grave threat.

This right here should disqualify any reasonable person from voting for Trump in 2020. Bald faced lying to the public for weeks on end about the deadliness of the virus. It's criminal negligence! Trump basically murdered Herman Cain.

Last edited: