Under Defeat for Dreamcast

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
sega-trader said:
Anyone pre-order Under Defeat? If so where from? Still on the fence if I am going to or not.

I did last month. 100% happy with what I did, can't wait.

Last edited:

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Mine is coming from Play-Asia. Figured I'd use my coupon up.

Can't go wrong buying this game. There's pretty much no way it's going to lose any value, so if you don't like it, you can just off it.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I pre ordered mine from play asia to get the sega direct version...I know I said LEs are for suckers bt I'm hoping it turns out to have a Border down type of demand if I dont like the game. Which I'm hoping to like the game.

Sapphire

World Soccer '96
I Pre ordered from playasia.....
BTW: On the photos the box doesn't look like a "normal"cd box?! wrong?!:conf:

subcons

Sapphire said:
I Pre ordered from playasia.....
BTW: On the photos the box doesn't look like a "normal"cd box?! wrong?!:conf:

Big debate (well, not that big... just some dickhead replies) over on the shmup boards about this. Some think DVD case, others think it's just the poster artwork they're showing.

Can't really say until release. Surprised there hasn't been some package or cover art info seeing as how this drops pretty soon. I don't care either way. Jewel case, it matches most other games I own. DVD case, it has potential to be special ala Cosmic Smash.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
It's 2006 and it's amazing to see another Dreamcast is coming out! Nice for Dreamcast & shooting game fans!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
preordered the Sega Direct version from Yakumo of segagadomain as soon as he opened preorders

lucked out too as the price went up significantly, but he had to honor the original price I paid

I hope the game is so good that I never have to even think about selling it :D

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I am going to get the LE version with the poster, I can't wait for this game it will rock all Shumps ever.

Seijuro Hiko

Camel Slug
I preordered the LE version too. Here's the cover:

Under_Defeat_Cover.jpg

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
roker said:
preordered the Sega Direct version from Yakumo of segagadomain as soon as he opened preorders

lucked out too as the price went up significantly, but he had to honor the original price I paid

I hope the game is so good that I never have to even think about selling it :D

same here. LE version it be.

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
Got a preorder for the Sega Direct LE. Feels good to be able and support a small developer like G.Rev :buttrock:

kubrick

Stakes Winner
I'm getting the LE form play-asia.

Has anyone actually played this in the arcade?

subcons

kubrick said:
Has anyone actually played this in the arcade?

Seems to me that very few people have actualy played this game. Even within the shooter community.

Exciting.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Spike said:
I pre ordered mine from play asia to get the sega direct version...I know I said LEs are for suckers bt I'm hoping it turns out to have a Border down type of demand if I dont like the game. Which I'm hoping to like the game.

That must be why I bought the LE of Rajirugi.:D

dj

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
it recieved a moderate score from Famitsu. that doesn't really mean much in my eyes.

oh and G.Rev/Dreamcast related rumour can be found here:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140759&highlight=senko

sorry chachi

Under Defeat has been announced as THE last game

I guess it even says so on the back of the cover

moderate scores and shmups go together when Famitsu is concerned

Border Down was rated low as well (and on a side note, Ibara was as well)

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
roker said:
sorry chachi

Under Defeat has been announced as THE last game

I guess it even says so on the back of the cover

moderate scores and shmups go together when Famitsu is concerned

Border Down was rated low as well (and on a side note, Ibara was as well)
:mad:

Greatkiller

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I heard that the same people that made Radirgy said that they doubt underdefeat will be the last game on the drc. Mabe they are giving us some type of hint?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Greatkiller said:
I heard that the same people that made Radirgy said that they doubt underdefeat will be the last game on the drc. Mabe they are giving us some type of hint?

heard the same thing.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
subcons said:
Big debate (well, not that big... just some dickhead replies) over on the shmup boards about this. Some think DVD case, others think it's just the poster artwork they're showing.

Can't really say until release. Surprised there hasn't been some package or cover art info seeing as how this drops pretty soon. I don't care either way. Jewel case, it matches most other games I own. DVD case, it has potential to be special ala Cosmic Smash.

Maybe it comes in a special cardboard box, like one of the limited edition DC games I own. Its about the size of a double-thick DVD case.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Played Under Defeat in the arcade today. It was SWEET AS HELL. The graphics are awesome. Felt a lot like strikers in 3d with Raiden like bullet patterns. One thing that impressed me was the massive explosions. They shake the whole screen. The bomb is EPIC.

Only got to the second level on one credit, definately more the raiden feel then the cave feel. I think I might have to buy this when it hits Dreamcast. Was much cooler than I thought it would be. The control is cool too. If you hold down the button the heli stays in that firing position, so you can shoot at angles kind of.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
RBjakeSpecial said:
Played Under Defeat in the arcade today. It was SWEET AS HELL. The graphics are awesome. Felt a lot like strikers in 3d with Raiden like bullet patterns. One thing that impressed me was the massive explosions. They shake the whole screen. The bomb is EPIC.

Only got to the second level on one credit, definately more the raiden feel then the cave feel. I think I might have to buy this when it hits Dreamcast. Was much cooler than I thought it would be. The control is cool too. If you hold down the button the heli stays in that firing position, so you can shoot at angles kind of.

I bet it's somewhat similar to:

it has to be similar to Takumi Fighters

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/windows/tf_e.html