Unico Jamma Candy Cabs

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm not sure how badly I need cabs, but I do know that for me when it comes to cabs only the real thing will do. Anything else is just an imitation. A toy.
Oh but all the weeks and months ahead of changing out parts for real ones, mods to make it more like a real cab, rewiring with a proper harness and all the posts you can make for your friends on the internetz! How excite!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Here we go again, hype up, goobs buy, arrives, disappoint. I fail to see the point of this but one thing I’ve learned over the last couple of years: people will buy anything.
I'd like to think someday the goobs will figure out it's better to wait until release to see if something is actually good before getting hyped, but I know that won't happen.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Here we go again, hype up, goobs buy, arrives, disappoint. I fail to see the point of this but one thing I’ve learned over the last couple of years: people will buy anything.
leCq0if6jnzguWnldw2pMCFq5_M=.gif

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Hands on look

Also at the end there is a pic next to an mvsx for comparison

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Those joystick mounts don't look like they'll let you mount a LS-32 or LS-40 at the correct height.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Those joystick mounts don't look like they'll let you mount a LS-32 or LS-40 at the correct height.

Here’s hoping FocusAttack comes through with an adapter plate.

It’s a long shot that I would ever get one of these to begin with; however, if I did…I would need to be able to use seimitsu sticks on it.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
The video mentioned real Astro City panels will fit.

I really like that it doesn't have a rotate mechanism. Stuff like that will just break. I do wish the CP was on a hinge though.

All in all I'm impressed. It seems like a solid product. I don't care that it's not "real". Arcade games are best played in a candy cab orientation. How you accomplish that orientation is irrelevant imo.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Wait, a working coin mech? He also pushed credit buttons, so maybe not?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Probably showing that both methods work, I guess.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Probably showing that both methods work, I guess.
I wish they were more clear. After he put the coins in and went to press start, the machine had 10 credits on it. Which seems like he jammed the credit buttons.

I dunno why I care so much, I'm not buying one :)

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I wish they were more clear. After he put the coins in and went to press start, the machine had 10 credits on it. Which seems like he jammed the credit buttons.

I dunno why I care so much, I'm not buying one :)
Although you aren’t interested - still a good question. As mentioned before, both select buttons and coin door are wired (for the demo) someone only wanting to use the coin mech - would only need to unplug them or wire them to something else. Since it’s being offered as a bartop - having those select/coin buttons are necessary.

As far as credits - seems the game is setup as 1coin = 2credits?

Ajax

15 Year Member
HeightWidthDepth
Astro City56.89"29.53"35.63"
Nova Blast61.42"25.98"25.2"

This is pretty close to reality (if not 100% actual)

Do you have one of these @NeoCverA? If so, can you speak to the quality of the monitor or the price?

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
I probably missed this, but it's mentioned you could drop in a console like a dreamcast. How would the control panel hook up to an older system like that? Would the user need to source their own dreamcast/jamma converter?

There's one coin slot. How does a coin get attributed to player 2 rather than player 1?

Ajax

15 Year Member
All candy cabs have just one coin chute, just fyi.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
All candy cabs have just one coin chute, just fyi.
I have no experience with candy cabs other than looking at pictures online. What's the convention in Japanese arcades for accommodating older games that want a dedicated separate p2 input for p2 coin?