Vote! English Aero Fighters 3 & Euro + Dog-Tag Power Spikes 2 AES releases.

Based on the facts revealed to you, carefully consider your conclusion.

• I'm 100% convinced that these are indeed SNK original productions.

Votes: 53 26.6%
  • I'm NOT 100% convinced that these are SNK authentic.

Votes: 146 73.4%

• Total voters

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
My thing is this: I don't doubt that maybe there's some source. What I doubt is that he was able to sell to people so quickly and for so much money. I have doubts that these sold at all. I mean, WHO... WHO bought them? Rich? Yes. Stupid? Hell yes.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The worst thing the source did was hire a middleman.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I gotta provide a much better quality pic then that. The problem is the camera I used is actually TOO good. It takes like 10 meg pictures. And I can't post something that big online. So then I have to resize it. And although I have some picture programs like Adobe and such, I cannot work them or figure out how to crop, resize, etc. So I always end up using microsoft paint. it is very easy to navigate and use. So by the time I save the picture at the right size, it becomes a grainy mess.

The biggest problem is this website. (no offense Shawn as I love it way more then I hate it) But dude, how the hell is it that the forums at atariage.com allow you to upload pics directly to your posts and yet the forums here at neo-geo.com require you to "host" the picture yourself online and provide a "url" in order to post it here? WTF? What kind of Mickey Mouse bullshit is that? We are supposed to be "bigger, badder, & better" and yet it seems an atari 2600 has more features then a neogeo? AH HELL NO!

Shawn

snkusa.com
The biggest problem is this website. (no offense Shawn as I love it way more then I hate it) But dude, how the hell is it that the forums at atariage.com allow you to upload pics directly to your posts and yet the forums here at neo-geo.com require you to "host" the picture yourself online and provide a "url" in order to post it here? WTF? What kind of Mickey Mouse bullshit is that? We are supposed to be "bigger, badder, & better" and yet it seems an atari 2600 has more features then a neogeo? AH HELL NO!

Uploads from members to the Neo-Geo.com server should work now. Click advanced, and then it's the third icon from the top right labeled Attachments. I need to adjust the font styles and will tinker with that later tonight, for now you’ll need to drag and highlight with your mouse to see the white text on the white background. I'll also try to polish up some of the other fonts and background combinations that are annoyingly troublesome to view.

The picture you see below (a magic card altered by an artist from Spain) was uploaded from my computer using this attachment option. If someone experiences trouble, let me know by PM or email please.
vb-kitty.jpg

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Uploads from members to the Neo-Geo.com server should work now. Click advanced, and then it's the third icon from the top right labeled Attachments. I need to adjust the font styles and will tinker with that later tonight, for now you’ll need to drag and highlight with your mouse to see the white text on the white background. I'll also try to polish up some of the other fonts and background combinations that are annoyingly troublesome to view.

Not seeing the option after clicking Advanced.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I gotta provide a much better quality pic then that. The problem is the camera I used is actually TOO good. It takes like 10 meg pictures. And I can't post something that big online. So then I have to resize it. And although I have some picture programs like Adobe and such, I cannot work them or figure out how to crop, resize, etc. So I always end up using microsoft paint. it is very easy to navigate and use. So by the time I save the picture at the right size, it becomes a grainy mess.

Uploading to imgur is not a hassle and saves the site a lot of overhead.

Shawn, consider removing the ability to upload pics into posts. This could easily cause another server crash.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Where has Billy Pitt been all my life? Dude needs to post more.

dan3skate

Quiz Detective
It would be a shame if this dwindles for yet a few more years "until the source is ready to come to light"... and well...what if this guy simply never does??.. Everyone collecting neo geo for years to come will be stuck wondering if this was the real deal not, is their set complete?.. I do not understand the issue. the sales have been made, what is the difference, why wait any longer?.. If anything this poll is way overdue to finally get things going.. I would love to see the price guide updated, master list updated and everything else showing that the community is convinced. and the proof is there.... The conditions are set, the last step needs to happen... For one, I am a believer, just wish I could know for sure.

Last edited:

Tinieblas

Marked Wolf
come on SOURCE where you @ man? come out already, anyway Tonk you are the best (in Dj Khaled's voice)

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
kOSeR.gif

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

Tapatalk app is quick, easy, and great for uploading pics from a cell phone. Tapatalk resizes (gives you 3 options: good/better/best) &hosts the pics, which is nice.

W/cellphone cameras easily being 8MP & up, perhaps this could work for you, Billy?

Shawn

snkusa.com
Shawn, consider removing the ability to upload pics into posts. This could easily cause another server crash.

With TrollBox disabled, server performance seems to be stable and fast. Since we have a dedicated managed server, we may as well let members use that server space and bandwidth. Files uploaded by members using the File Upload Manager can only be accessed by members that are logged in, so that should minimize abuse. If this becomes a problem, we can always disable the file hosting service/feature.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Use FlashChat for all your chatting needs

Hehehe... chatting needs indeed... I would've just put it... "Use Flashchat and stop spamming the forums in real time... dumbasses..."

Oh well... I'll see everyone there in now called Real Chat...

xROTx

PS. /me sends out open invitation... This includes the folks that wouldn't use trollbox... twalden... Lithy... RarePenis.... etc etc... Come on guys.... I miss you....

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
The AF3 cart sure looks the part, and the story is just the kind of situation you would expect for such a rare prize to surface. The most puzzling fact however is the source not wanting to come forward. What kind of back lash would he be fearful of if the cart was indeed real? Also is it just me, or have AES collectors totally lost all touch with reality?

bryan

Geese's Thug
The worst thing the source did was hire a middleman.

I know I'm the noob here but I agree. Of course the games could be the property of SNK or who ever owns the rights now, if he worked there they could be dicks and not let him get away with it. Just as Audio CD Test and Promo's the must be returned if asked by the company. But most do state that either printed or with a sticker of some kind.

Last edited:

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
So I am bit confused by all of this, and those 10+ page threads are simply too much to look over, can someone give me the abridged version of what's going on?

Is this the general synopsis?

Someone found one copy of each of some Neo Geo home carts that were thought to not exist?

If only one of each of these exist, and no one ever saw them for sale back when they were new, wouldn't that mean that even if these are legitimate cartridges made by SNK in 1990's that because they never went to retail they wouldn't actually count towards having a "complete collection" or released games?

Wouldn't that just make them a collector's curio or an oddity, like owning a prototype?

I don't really understand what's going on here. All I know is that the forum's border keeps changing color and it's very distracting.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One

The picture you see below (a magic card altered by an artist from Spain) was uploaded from my computer using this attachment option. If someone experiences trouble, let me know by PM or email please.
View attachment 2603

Going offcourse, that is a beautiful AA.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Stick that cart in the large hadron collider.

Only authentic SNK carts contain the higgs boson particle.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
while i couldn't care less if the games are real or fake, i'm glad that this community continues to be absolutely fucking insane. rare never before seen release of a neo game with a shadowy history and a mystery man owner? yes.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
If only one of each of these exist, and no one ever saw them for sale back when they were new, wouldn't that mean that even if these are legitimate cartridges made by SNK in 1990's that because they never went to retail they wouldn't actually count towards having a "complete collection" or released games?

Wouldn't that just make them a collector's curio or an oddity, like owning a prototype?

Pretty much. I think we can assume AF3 and PSII were meant to be review copies, at the least. They certainly don't belong on the master list because they never went to retail.