Weekly Gaming Roundup - 10/05/14

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
WiiU

Hyrule Warriors

3DS

Smash Bros

It's gonna be a Nintendo heavy line up for a bit, mes thinks.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Wii:

Xenoblade Chronicles - I would've played this more if my Wii's laser didn't die again! Fuck!

Super NES:

TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
Super Castlevania IV
Super Metroid - When does this game, if ever, ramp up the difficulty? I'm at Norfair right now and so far, it's not very difficult aside from mostly the bosses.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
-PS3-
GTA V: Online
Persona 4 Arena: UltimaMax

-PSVita-
Lego Marvel
Gravity Rush

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Same as OP, Smash and Hyrule Warriors.

The wait for Bayonetta is almost over.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
-Genesis-

Musha Aleste

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Tunnel Jew
20 Year Member
PS3:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (better than I thought it would be)

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Super NES:
Super Metroid - When does this game, if ever, ramp up the difficulty? I'm at Norfair right now and so far, it's not very difficult aside from mostly the bosses.

The game itself isnt too difficult, rather its exploring and navigating all the hidden passages and lack of direction that gets a lot of people these days. The whole "no checkpoints, no hint, omfg there was a hole in that wall but i wouldnt have been able to tell if i didnt roll into it after a bomb drop, etc" is not good for the individuals who are not as thorough in searching for things in 2D environments or hasnt had a love of older games instilled upon them.

PS3
The Last of Us - thoroughly impressed so far and halfway through. I don't know any story spoilers as i have avoided it to this day, please dont ruin my moment.

DS
Dragon Quest IV - picked up a DSiXL (thanks Gohan for enlightening me) and this game looks absolutely fantastic on it.

SNES
Mega Man X

PSP
Pursuit Force Extreme Justice- awesome game I never heard of back when it cam eout, lots of fun driving the vehicles and jumping around.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
PS3:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (better than I thought it would be)

It is not a classic game, but it's still very solid and generally maligned by people that suck at action games and people that never want to see other interpretations of Castlevania. I'd never say it's the best ever, but it's way better than people give it credit for being.

As for me...

PS3

Resident Evil 6 (Mercenaries with a friend and farming Chris Chapter 2 for the RE.net costume unlock event)
Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (first game)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Side Stories

PC

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Resident Evil 6 (farming Chris chapter 2 for RE.net costume unlock)

3DS

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Curtain Call

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Wii-U

Hyrule Warriors. I finished the main story but I barely scratched the adventure mode.

3DS-XL

Super Smash Brothers 4

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
PS2
Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System
Neo Contra
KoF 2003

PSP
Princess Crown

PCE
Dungeon Explorer
Youkai Douchuuki
Drop Off

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
PS3:
Earth Defense Force 2025
Yakuza 3

Wii U:
Bayonetta (first one)

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Pursuit Force Extreme Justice- awesome game I never heard of back when it cam eout, lots of fun driving the vehicles and jumping around.

Glad you are enjoying it! :)

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
PC
Hyper Light Drifter - preview build - (found everything, going through again because it's just so damn good!)
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

PS3
Remember Me

...I'll probably give Smash Bros. and Forza Horizon 2 a try this week if I have time, and have the wife give me a crash course on Hyrule Warriors to play co-op.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
PS3
Resident Evil 6 (Mercenaries with a friend and farming Chris Chapter 2 for the RE.net costume unlock event)

Whats a RE.net unlock event? Is that like with Dragons Dogma U Dragon Events or certain Monster Hunter Events or something similar? I thought I pretty much unlocked everything but if there is more shit to do and more costumes to unlock i'm all for it. I love that game.

PS3:
Tomb Raider - Just finished it and wow what a great game. There really weren't too many QTE against my initial impression which is good. The treasure hunting was really well done and the combat was so well done and fun. Can't think of a third person shooter that did hand to hand combat better. I was skeptical of those who said Tomb Raider outdid Uncharted in many ways, but now i'm in complete agreement. Combat is better, better exploration and treasure hunting, better platforming, better weapon load out, just better in several ways which really surprised me.

Also, Tomb Raider actually felt kinda old school in its approach. They let you get used to certain terrain and allowed me to get comfortable with the environment. The fact that you get to revisit and sometimes have to revisit certain areas is great. This type of exploration reminded a lot of old school Resident Evil in a really good way. Also coincidentally, the setting very much reminded me RE5 for some reason. Really looking forward to the next game.

Hotline Miami - Damn cool game with a great soundtrack. Its fucking hard too.

Binary Domain - Gotten be starting this one soon

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Binary Domain - Gotten be starting this one soon

I really enjoyed this game. Its got that distinct Sega flavor to it.

As for what ive been playing

PS3

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Ultra Street Fighter IV

XB1

Killer Instinct

3DSXL

Super Smash Bros

Pretty much continuing my fighter overload in preparation for TFC this weekend. I dont know why I am practicing all of these when I will likely spend the majority of my time drinking with my friends and playing MotW in the arcade room.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The game itself isnt too difficult, rather its exploring and navigating all the hidden passages and lack of direction that gets a lot of people these days. The whole "no checkpoints, no hint, omfg there was a hole in that wall but i wouldnt have been able to tell if i didnt roll into it after a bomb drop, etc" is not good for the individuals who are not as thorough in searching for things in 2D environments or hasnt had a love of older games instilled upon them.

^This. The real difficulty comes when you try to get 100% completion in under 3 hours. Also mastering things like the wall jump to a degree where you can access areas early on and get early upgrades is pretty hard. Super Metroid is not a hard game to beat but extremely difficult to master.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Gotta add the Bayonetta 2 demo to my list, playing it to get the hang of the combos and timing of all the moves before the 24th

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
PS4
Alien Isolation
Metro Redux

Wii-U
Batman Arkham Origins

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
PS3:
Shadow's of the Damned - Just finished it. I gotta say this game was very disappointing for me. I'd heard it wasn't anything special but I didn't want to believe it. How can you go wrong with such a great development team (killer7 is one of my all time favorite games and Shinji Mikami is easily on of my favorite developer).

Then I got to the first boss and that was pretty good. Not enough games now a days have cool boss fights and I liked that one. Got me excited for the rest of the game. Then right after that pretty much every other boss was shitty and very poorly designed. Most of them have stupid minions and other shit to help pad out the difficulty and it really makes them more annoying to fight instead of fun. There was interesting stuff in between so its not all bad, but those boss fights really ruined the game for me.

All in all its worth a play but like many warned me before, its nothing special. I have Lolipop Chainsaw, No More Heroes and Killer is Dead too so i'm going to play those in succession. Hopefully I like them better then this game.

Now Playing:

Killer is Dead

Sonic and Sega Allstars Racing Transformed