Weekly Roundup

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Switch digital games this week.

Tied Together
99 Seconds
Urban Flow

My son started a Switch horror game, Ikai, but the camera made me too sick to watch much of it. Can't do FPS or survival horror camera-type stuff anymore :/

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
PS5 - Streets of Rage 4 Mr. X Nightmare

Switch - Hazelnut Hex

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
PS5 - Ghost of Tsushima
Switch - Tears of the Kingdom

The monogame has come.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS5
Resident Evil 4 Remake
DmC - this one is kinda trippy, so far not quite a fan but we'll see how it goes

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS5
Resident Evil 2 - playing this remake after the RE4 Remake is great. The zombies themselves are exponentially scarier than the ganados due to what they can do and the sounds they make. Playing this on a good sound system is terrifying for my wife.

Switch
Ori and the Blind Forest

We're moving due to military so we're also playing the fun game of "throw away all of our bullshit". I'm amazed at how much junk can accumulate, it's cathartic to just clear out a ton of stuff we simply don't use. So far we're down a bagster of stuff and likely have a couple of contractor bags more.

Attachments

• 20231015_131239.jpg
    20231015_131239.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 6

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
With a new Borderlands (4) on the way, I've been playing the older ones. Did 1 & 2, playing 3 and I'm considering playing the Pre Sequel 1 1/2. I've never really put time into it because it's not very good.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
PC - Escape from Tarkov
It's a struggle, but I win more than I lose.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
PSP

Mega Man Powered Up

GBA

Castlevania HoD - I remember not liking this much the first time I played it. It still isn't doing much for me on this second playthrough. I love both CotM and AoS, so it's odd that the middle one is just meh, imo.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Past week went through Castlevania The Adventure, Belmont's Revenge, and Splatterhouse 2.

Haunted Castle - first played this a year ago. Version with no continues so unplayable without save states. There is a really, really cool game here underneath the bugs and unbearable difficulty. I dig the graphics, Simon's blue hair and the bosses are great. But design choices such as a constant, CONSTANT barrage of Medusa head-esque bats, some enemies taking half your health for touching them, etc. break the game. Cool shit like the bleeding tear portrait (old LoneSage fanheads will remember that as my avatar circa 2008), being teleported to a Greek ruin, the Creature boss fight with the corpse of Dr. Frankenstein in the background really give this game some color. I ran out the timer on the Dracula boss fight to hear the music and heard a jingle from the Contra boss fights which is a great Easter egg.

This was the fourth Castlevania game, after MSX Castlevania and NES 1 and 2. Looking it up, it seems it's been ported to modern systems twice which is cool. A part of me wishes Konami would Lucas it and tweak the things that make the game so damn difficult and frustrating. It deserved a better final release than it got.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Switch - Double Dragon Gaiden
Better than I had anticipated.

PS5 - Them's Fightn' Herds
Hate to say it but it's really fun.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
Nier Automata - running through route B so far. Really enjoying the game, great action and world building but super weird storyline. Only thing is that it crashes a lot on PS5, especially later on. Wouldn't be such a kick in the balls if there was auto save, but there is not.

Switch
Ori and the Blind Forest - beat this one this week after playing on and off for about a month. Not a game you can put down and pick up again, as the metroidvania aspects focus more on skilled platforming and compounding mechanics than combat or memorization.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Sega Rally 95 +, Saturn.

In the midst of repairing my NiGHTs pad (the right trigger had failed) I was testing my work. Picked Sega Rally (us version) and the pad was seen as a Sega wheel in options.

Came back to check the controller again, as the R trigger was now fixed. Picked Sega Rally + (the JPN version of Sega Rally) as I was in a hurry, and scrolling through the game list without paying much attention.

Rally +, sees the controller as a NiGHTs pad (!).

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
MiSTer FGPA
Neo Bomberman - this is my 10 year old’s favorite game to play against me. She loves the animals and simple game play. She can beat me 1-5 games or so. I never played this back in the day so it’s nice to give a shot.

Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3

PC
Final Fantasy 7 Remake - almost to the end. Not sure how I feel about it all yet. The music is my favorite part and they nailed down the colors and visuals. Not sure …. So far it’s like an 8/10 for me. I’m excited to see how it wraps up.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
MiSTer FGPA
Neo Bomberman - this is my 10 year old’s favorite game to play against me. She loves the animals and simple game play. She can beat me 1-5 games or so. I never played this back in the day so it’s nice to give a shot.

Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3

PC
Final Fantasy 7 Remake - almost to the end. Not sure how I feel about it all yet. The music is my favorite part and they nailed down the colors and visuals. Not sure …. So far it’s like an 8/10 for me. I’m excited to see how it wraps up.
For FF7, it all depends on how attached you are to the original. There's some differences, it gets super kingdom hearts-y at the end, but otherwise I found it solid and am excited for the next installment.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time - SNES. Still holds up for me. Music is still catchy. Krang's laser eyes in the first level are a great idea, that made me 'wow' when I was a kid. Throwing foot soldiers at Shredder is still a pain in the ass, and this was the first time I beat Hard mode - couldn't get past that as a kid, because it was too difficult to throw those enemies that you need to stun first.

I actually beat all the enemies and got all the question mark pizza boxes in the sewer level but was bummed there was no bonus for doing so.

Mao bless April O'Neil's cleavage, cowagooba

HellioN

20 Year Member
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time - SNES. Still holds up for me. Music is still catchy. Krang's laser eyes in the first level are a great idea, that made me 'wow' when I was a kid. Throwing foot soldiers at Shredder is still a pain in the ass, and this was the first time I beat Hard mode - couldn't get past that as a kid, because it was too difficult to throw those enemies that you need to stun first.

I actually beat all the enemies and got all the question mark pizza boxes in the sewer level but was bummed there was no bonus for doing so.

Mao bless April O'Neil's cleavage, cowagooba
1668533803019.jpg