What game have you played the most this Christmas?

konrad

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I personally feel very nostalgic about Alpha Mission 2 and Mutation Nation. I remember playing it in vintage arcades. Happy holidays.

NGLad

n00b
I've been playing a lot of Sega Saturn right now, and I'd have to say "SF Alpha 2" has been my most played game.
I even imported a Japanese Virtua Stick which I must say feels really nice to use.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I've been playing Gleylancer and Death Duel on Genny the most, got them for Christmas from the wife.

Remember what I said about Death Duel in that Christmas thread of it being a stupidly fun shooter? Well, after playing it quite a bit I must say that it's much more than that. In the game, you control a Mech and have to fight against monsters and other Mechs from a first-person perspective in an arena setting. Each opponent needs a certain strategy and set of weapons (you can carry three of them at the same time) to defeat. Some are very quick, some have high firepower, for others you have to blast off their limbs and weapons in a fixed order to kill them, etc.

You get points for how fast you get rid of the opponents and collect money to buy weapons and repair your Mech. There also are qualifying rounds between levels where you have to rack up a certain number of points by shooting enemies that scroll across the screen horizontally from both sides, similar to a shooting gallery.

DD is a strategy action game with lots of shooting, great graphics, tight gameplay and wacky characters, it has a high replay value ("just one more try") and is tons of fun. It's kinda cool to discover a gem like that on the Genny even after all these years.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I've been playing Rondo of Blood and Dai Makaimura while testing the Analogue Duo.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Tetris on Gameboy via anagoob pocket
Can barely get past 100 lines nowadays, my record was 155. My bro managed 140

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I've gotten into Beatmania IIDX Infinitas over my holiday after playing the latest mix at the local retro arcade a couple weeks ago. I'm an avid DDR player so I suppose Beatmania was eventually inevitable. 🤷‍♂️

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I personally feel very nostalgic about Alpha Mission 2 and Mutation Nation. I remember playing it in vintage arcades. Happy holidays.

I just came here to say Alpha Mission 2 is the best shmup on the neo

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
IMG_1142.jpeg

…Edit: For those curious why the genesis version of FF2, the dipswitch code in this version allows for all sorts of combo goodness that’s always been a fun alternative to what’s usually possible in FF2/FFS:

Last edited:

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
…Edit: For those curious why the genesis version of FF2, the dipswitch code in this version allows for all sorts of combo goodness that’s always been a fun alternative to what’s usually possible in FF2/FFS:
Haha, wow! Had no idea about this. The only port of FF2 I ever played was the SNES version as a kid before I got my Neo a few years after that. I'll have to try this out when I get back home on Sunday.

Thanks for the tip and have a good new year, man!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Haha, wow! Had no idea about this. The only port of FF2 I ever played was the SNES version as a kid before I got my Neo a few years after that. I'll have to try this out when I get back home on Sunday.

Thanks for the tip and have a good new year, man!

You too yagamikun, have a great new year :buttrock:

Theruff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Finally got around to playing Alien Isolation during the holidays. Amazing game and I'm upset it took me this long to play it!

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
3 count bout almost became a Christmas game for me but I was beaten by the cheap AI too much for it to be recurrent.

I always play Silent Hill, and as a matter of fact I should play it today at night again

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
3 count bout almost became a Christmas game for me but I was beaten by the cheap AI too much for it to be recurrent.

I always play Silent Hill, and as a matter of fact I should play it today at night again
Same here this xmas! The 2-player tag team got the better of my brother and I. I think we actually got worse the longer we played. The strategies from BBH were no help at all to us.