What records are you listening to tonight?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I can take a pic of my main system. It’s not super impressive but I love it and it sounds good in its room. Marantz 2230, Tech 1500CK (reboot version) Grado Gold 3 and Bose 301s (Series II, I think, much different from the current model with that name).

My records are in the same IKEA stuff everyone else has but I have several in several different rooms since I also have hundreds of LDs…I also have a cedar chest full of 12” singles. All the stuff I’m too into (Factory, Mute, KLF, etc) is in a bedroom. The 4x2 cube setup in the living room is all more general listening. This keeps the heap manageable and civilized.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I like that vintage Marantz amp. Those always sound good.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Nice setup, @SignOfZeta

I think I'm going to reinvent mine when we move. I think I'll take a pic of the current setup though and post here soon.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
IMG_0443.jpeg

@Lagduf @max 330 mega Conscious without being preachy, social commentary more rugged than Public Enemy, made w/ a punk rock DIY aesthetic-
Drasar Monumental: Darker Than a Million Midnights EP. Hip Hop record of 2023, and the year ain’t half over yet.

This record slaps! Few triple threats (DJ/ Producer/MC) are actually mad nice at all three elements...and Drasar is one such artist.
This is an aural movie...the fit and finish is impeccable! The drum programming on ‘Pump Fakers’ is outstanding.

This is available digitally on Bandcamp, or on wax here: https://vendettavinylvietnam.wordpress.com/order-products/

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
View attachment 66314

@Lagduf @max 330 mega Conscious without being preachy, social commentary more rugged than Public Enemy, made w/ a punk rock DIY aesthetic-
Drasar Monumental: Darker Than a Million Midnights EP. Hip Hop record of 2023, and the year ain’t half over yet.

This record slaps! Few triple threats (DJ/ Producer/MC) are actually mad nice at all three elements...and Drasar is one such artist.
This is an aural movie...the fit and finish is impeccable! The drum programming on ‘Pump Fakers’ is outstanding.

This is available digitally on Bandcamp, or on wax here: https://vendettavinylvietnam.wordpress.com/order-products/

Illl check this out over the weekend!

prof

I like the cover art. Reminds me of those Inspectah Deck Czarface records.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I like the cover art. Reminds me of those Inspectah Deck Czarface records.

Kufu One (the cover artist) beat Czarface to market, with the first Drasar Monumental/MF GRIMM record:

IMG_0445.png

I’m not saying Esoteric is a biter, buuuuuuuttttttt *lol*

Last edited:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
It’s the one my family had growing up (mid 80s - early 90s).

Good stuff.

This particular unit has been cleaned and had its bulbs replaced and the tuner tuned maybe twice in its life. The last time was about 12 years ago. All components, other than bulbs, are original. It runs every day, sometimes stays powered up for a month.

Made in 1972, older than me, it has outlasted EVERY home theater AVR I’ve ever had. I can say that now because my newest Harmon Kardon one is now randomly powering off, indicating some kind of protection issue. Meanwhile this thing just keeps trucking, often at above %75. The phono stage is great and the user interface is almost perfect. Also it has almost no proprietary parts so it can be rebuilt forever.

EDIT: I forgot that I replaced the power button about 8 years ago.

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
This particular unit has been cleaned and had its bulbs replaced and the tuner tuned maybe twice in its life. The last time was about 12 years ago. All components, other than bulbs, are original. It runs every day, sometimes stays powered up for a month.

Made in 1972, older than me, it has outlasted EVERY home theater AVR I’ve ever had. I can say that now because my newest Harmon Kardon one is now randomly powering off, indicating some kind of protection issue. Meanwhile this thing just keeps trucking, often at above %75. The phono stage is great and the user interface is almost perfect. Also it has almost no proprietary parts so it can be rebuilt forever.

EDIT: I forgot that I replaced the power button about 8 years ago.

lmbo who changed your username, bro?

prof

Kufu One (the cover artist) beat Czarface to market by about a year, with the first Drasar Monumental/MF GRIMM record:

View attachment 66332

About 2 months, but yeah, very similar aesthetic. I feel like there were a number of hip-hop albums over the years that used that comic book cover style artwork though. Outkast ATLiens jumps out to me, and the GZA Liquid Swords cover was done by one of the DC/Milestone artists. The Wu-Tang guys were always heavy into comics, at least lyrically/thematically. But Deck really embraced it, with the art for each Czarface album. And after a little wikipediaing, it looks MF Grimm is actually a comic book writer. So yeah. Cool stuff.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Kufu One (the cover artist) beat Czarface to market, with the first Drasar Monumental/MF GRIMM record:

Yeah but the Czarface covers are all homages to actual famous comic covers, not just a generic comic style.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I’m not a huge fan of So and I hate Big Sledgehammer Time (the two songs run together in my head, honestly) but this one is good for the absolutely excellent side B. Also the cover is great.

IMG_9211.jpegIMG_9212.jpeg

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Yeah but the Czarface covers are all homages to actual famous comic covers, not just a generic comic style.

On 2nd thought, Eso is totally a biter, looool.

The Czarface character is an amalgam of ROM Spaceknight, and MotorHead’s mascot.