What records are you listening to tonight?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Too lazy to take pics so here are two of the records I'm listening to right now:

anBlZw.jpeg

Subway was a Belgian label, they were quick to come up with an Acid Jazz album, even though this one here is more on the breakbeat-ish/technoid side. Distributed by S.P.V. (Discogs entry).

Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

Classic Bossa Nova legends Luiz Bonfa and Carlos Jobim meet Stan Getz, ace sax player. Great on a summer day (Discogs entry).

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Ugh, last one for today, neighbour upstairs complained about the noise...

Ni5qcGVn.jpeg

One of my fav Hawkwind albums, if not my most fav, and be it just for Void Of Golden Light. No, no Lemmy here, sorry. Still abso-fucking-lutely great. All dials to the right/up, to hell with the torpedoes, etc. RHAAAAAAAAAAAA - - (Discogs entry).

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Nummern (numbers) into Computerwelt 2 (computer world)... the alpha and omega, man. Incredibly good, incredibly influental, you can hear countless inspirational kicks in them, from continental and US wave to early electro/hip hop, techno... one of their epochal works.

Eins, zwei, drei vier -

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Super awesome chiptune album. Forgot I had this. It super weird their site is still up and you can still purchase this record. Don't know if it will actually arrive because the last site update was in 2009.
IMG_6896.jpeg

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I don't get Grateful Dead and Phish. Many friends are into it but I don't get it. I'll still respect it over Dave Matthews ... like, wtf?
They’re not for everyone. I’ve been into both bands since high school because I liked Bob Dylan/folksy bluegrass blues type music (which is a lot of what the Dead are) and I could get tons of their music for free and it was fun hunting for shows. Phish is very different in terms of influences, but got into them because they were part of the same "jam band" scene and were I think more popular than the dead at the time since Jerry was dead. Now with WFH it's great because I can listen to a few shows a day

Last edited: