Whatcha been playin? (06/05/12)

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Witcher 2 (Thumbs down. Good ideas bogged down by amateurish execution. Either way there are way better RPGs out there.)

PS2
Yakuza

Wii
Xenoblade Chronicles

MOB
Tiny Tower
Angry Birds Rio
World of Goo

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
PSVita

Lunar PSP Remake - 4 hours into it, seems like a fun 90s JRPG. I played the PSone port a long time ago.

PS3

Rayman Origins - Loving this 2 player

Gran Turismo

Sonic's Ultimate Collection - Shinobi III - the music sounds great on this version. I haven't played Shinobi III in a couple of years and lost all of my skills. I'm going to have to work my way back up to where I was.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Sonic's Ultimate Collection - Shinobi III - the music sounds great on this version. I haven't played Shinobi III in a couple of years and lost all of my skills. I'm going to have to work my way back up to where I was.

At least the rules for performing a double jump are more lenient as compared to Revenge.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
PSVita
I PRESUME THAT...
this is the Japanese title for the UK 'MegaDrive Collection'?

First time I ever played ShinIII was on that collection, and I just couldn't get into it vs Revenge. Years later, I picked up an incomplete copy for my actual MD, played it, and totally fell in love with the game. The music, whilst different to Revenge, is still absolutely amazing! All of it. Stand out music being (I don' t have names) the opening stage, the horseback stage and the fire stage. After a couple of playthroughs, you'll get back to where you once were, and you'll be able to sail through without a continue and even on one life soon enough.

Although, that last level before the final boss is one of T H E most sadistic levels designs I have ever seen/played. Although, Megaman would just laugh in the face of it...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
No, the last level before the final boss in Revenge is sadistic. wtf was sega thinking with mazes in their games? First time I got there I spent literally hours trying to figure out where to go. Terrible design choice that killed the mood for me. Still one of my favorite games because I kept playing the hell out of it, over and over.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Pokemon Battle Revolution on the Wii and Pokemon Diamond on the DS. Recently raised the Mew that my brother and I got as a Wi-Fi gift at level 5 in HeartGold to level 100. I've been absolutely liquidating my friends' teams with it, even when we play with level-50-all rules.

Class is ending after this week, so I'd like to pick up Final Fantasy IX for the summer, and maybe a couple other RPGs I've been meaning to play like the oldschool Phantasy Stars and FFV. Also, adventure-wise, gotta get back into Skyward Sword again.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
PC
Sniper Elite V2

Wii
Xenoblade Chronicles

PS3
ME3 multiplayer

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I PRESUME THAT...
this is the Japanese title for the UK 'MegaDrive Collection'?

First time I ever played ShinIII was on that collection, and I just couldn't get into it vs Revenge. Years later, I picked up an incomplete copy for my actual MD, played it, and totally fell in love with the game. The music, whilst different to Revenge, is still absolutely amazing! All of it. Stand out music being (I don' t have names) the opening stage, the horseback stage and the fire stage. After a couple of playthroughs, you'll get back to where you once were, and you'll be able to sail through without a continue and even on one life soon enough.

Although, that last level before the final boss is one of T H E most sadistic levels designs I have ever seen/played. Although, Megaman would just laugh in the face of it...

Nope, it's the US version. A Japanese version of the collection never came out unfortunately.

I used to be able to 1cc Shinobi 3 on hard, but I don't think I ever did it without losing a life. I'll have to try for that this time. I always seem to die on the toxic sludge boss at least once. When his hand goes into the sludge, I can't seem to avoid it.

I wish the collection included Shadow Dancer and Revenge. I still have never played all the way through Revenge.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
PS3
Under Defeat HD

Linux
Open Arena
Nexuiz

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Xbox 360

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings-best game of 2K11 hands down, loses very little in the translation. Play it.

DS

Etrian Odyssey

Vita

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

PSX/PSOne

Tales of Destiny 2

PC

FF XIV

NeoGeoNinja

Nope, it's the US version. A Japanese version of the collection never came out unfortunately.

I used to be able to 1cc Shinobi 3 on hard, but I don't think I ever did it without losing a life. I'll have to try for that this time. I always seem to die on the toxic sludge boss at least once. When his hand goes into the sludge, I can't seem to avoid it.

I wish the collection included Shadow Dancer and Revenge. I still have never played all the way through Revenge.
TOXIC SLUDGE MONSTER...
funny, I never thought of him like that before, but I know exactly who you mean. Music in that scene is amazing too!

I feel the same re: Revenge and Shadow being omitted from the collection. Revenge IS my fave game on the MegaDrive along with the other two title close by. If I could have had all those 3 and the 3 Streets of Rage games on the disc too, I could probably let go of my MD!!! (although I recently learned, in another thread, that all 3 SOR titles were on the Japanese Sonic Gems collection. Hmmm...). As for completing Revenge, I was the same up until last year. I had no idea you could stall the roof from falling on the girl originally, and she always paid before I could save her...

NeoGeoNinja

APOLOGIES...
for the double post. When I clicked 'submit' to create the reply you see above, the 'system' told me I had to 'wait 60 seconds' before initiating another post. I waited and then clicked 'submit' on the window I had been presented with and it double posted. Wtf is that all about?

MIGHT AS WELL ADD...
that, so far today, I have been playing:

FF1
FF2
FF3
Galaxy Fight
KOF 01

just single playthroughs on each, although, Galaxy Fights' last boss is an absolute slag, which makes even this a difficult proposition :D

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I still have never played all the way through Revenge.

You owe it to yourself to play this game, I like it more than 3 even, couldnt believe that what I was playing was a good as the first arcade shinobi. Genesis does what Nintedon't indeed :D

aria

Former Moderator
Civ5

Kingdom Rush, still working on the Iron Challenge version of the latest level; hardest they've done yet and I love it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Xbox 360

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

Does counting down the days until the release of Diablo 3 count as a game?

It almost feels like it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tactics Ogre PSX all week. I forgot how much more challenging this was than FFT.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Earthbound snes,what an interesting game...

dark souls ps3

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
360 :

Mushihime-sama Futari Black Label
Dark Souls
Soulcaster 2
Ghost Recon Future Soldier beta (was extended for another week)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Back to life...

I've been playing Afterburner on 360 a lot.

EDIT:

In case anyone was wondering where I've been, well, I had some health troubles after an accident at the fireworks factory I'm working for atm but everything's back to normal now. :)

EDIT #2:

I missed you guys lot!
icon29.gif

Last edited:

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
PS3

The Walking Dead - Played and liked the demo, I ended up buying the whole package.

aria

Former Moderator
Back to life...

I've been playing Afterburner on 360 a lot.

EDIT:

In case anyone was wondering where I've been, well, I had some health troubles after an accident at the fireworks factory I'm working for atm but everything's back to normal now. :)

EDIT #2:

I missed you guys lot!
icon29.gif

Holy crap, dude --what happened? An accident at a fireworks factory seems like it could quickly turn catastrophic.