Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I've been watching Adventures of Bran Stark on youtube to find scenes that give clues to him being the Night King & there is a bunch of foreshadowing from Season1 & especially the intro of Season 4.

"If you are trapped in Summer too long, you will forget what it was to be human" YOu forget us bran, forget your mother & father, you forget your brothers & sister, you forget Winterfell. If we lose you we lose everything"

If we lose you we lose everything, Tyrion said the same thing to Danny last episode. I really love watching old episodes & so many stuff you dont catch the first time, second time or even third time around because events has yet to happen. After the season finale, ill probably rewatch again to pick up on these.

*sidenote (lady ends up getting killed because of Arya. The Direwolves has always been symbolism throughout the show...I wonder if this is also a foreshadow of one of them having to kill or indirectly cause their death. Jon & Arya are the only ones alive who has a Direwolf...Bran is no longer Bran & when his Direwolf Summer died, Winter has arrived. This does not look good for Sansa.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I missed tonight's ep, someone gimme the downlow

Spoiler:
cercei tricked everyone by saying she would back them up in the north, but really ordered a merc army from Essos. Jaime was like no wai, she was like yes wai. He said, peace, I'm out.

Part of the northern wall went down thanks to the undead dragon. They march north.

Then Jon Snow tapped that dragon queen booty, which we now officially know is his Aunt.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
This episode is proof that every episode this season needed to be 90 minutes long.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Great finale. Lots of incesty sexual tension. Winter has cum.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I thought the Bran complete confirmation scene was a bit direct considering what we already knew, but then I talked to my mom and realized some people needed it.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Loved the finale. Too bad we gotta wait for a year, or more for episodes.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
If this show was still as daring as its earlier seasons, Cersei would have had Jaime or Tyrion or both of them killed. Would have been almost as a shock as the Red Wedding or Ned getting beheaded, imo.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If this show was still as daring as its earlier seasons, Cersei would have had Jaime or Tyrion or both of them killed. Would have been almost as a shock as the Red Wedding or Ned getting beheaded, imo.

I guess. But if Cersei had Tyrion killed then she would have to face Denaerys directly, which would be very un-Tywin of her.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I agree with 'sage's assessment, but it all goes back to Martin sort of hanging D&D, HBO and the fans out to dry by not having the novels finished for the show to lean on in these last few seasons.

The events feel like they're in service to the plot at this point and not the organic decisions and feelings of the characters, which was one of GoT's greatest strengths earlier and has been one of ASOIF's strengths ever since the beginning.

If Oberyn had faced the Mountain in season 6, fan love for the Red Viper would have saved him and preserved him for something different so as to avoid any social media 'rioting'.

I couldn't care less about Cleggane-bowl, and I highly doubt we'll see it in the books. Completely unnecessary duel that feels like fanfiction.

Also, it's such a shame that the Jon-Dany relationship wasn't something that had more time to breathe and feel natural. They made puppy dog eyes at each other despite both living grown ass lives and having experienced love, loss, warfare and hardships. Everyone stood around them telling them they had a thing for each other but there were never those scenes where they directly discussed it, or even indirectly. Every conversation they had was about something else entirely as a screen to hide how they felt about one another. I just would have liked for there to be some more moments that allowed us to more organically see how they legit felt. It was a lot of tell and very little show and felt rushed and forced, IMO

Martin has always said that one of the things that makes the story work is the law of unintended consequences. Even for events that Martin knew had to happen, such as the Red Wedding, he very carefully crafted the story so that when the inevitable event occurred, it felt believable and didn't break any of the narration's rules for the sake of convenience. You almost get the sense that Martin would have written the budding romance between Robb and Jayne had he felt the need to make Robb a regular POV character, but thankfully he didn't pad the story in that way.

I feel like Arya and Sansa were a composite of Lady Stoneheart's function in the books. I.E. I feel like Lady Stoneheart will be the one to end Littlefinger in the novels, and I think that's a better way to go about it. To the show's credit, however, at least they gave both Sansa and Arya good cause to become invested in delivering retribution to Littlefinger. By the by, LOL at all the people that thought Sanda ever really intended to steal the North away from Jon. This late in the story, that just wasn't ever going to happen. Sorry, costume drama/intrigue fans. At this point, Cersei is the only one playing the Game of Thrones. Everyone else is investing themselves in the real story for the series: the second long night, the great war and the prince who was promised.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The Hound reminding The Mountain that he knows what's coming for him was interesting.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I got all dressed up with the Hound Helm thinking the Cleganebowl was going to happen, at least they hinted it will happen!

Theon & Jon scene was great

Bran finally did something

Arya/Sansa were not stupid after all, writers going full retard made me worried

Tyrion probably did a deal with Cersei, he was looking really down like he has to do something terrible.

Jamie looks like he will kill Cersei eventually, maybe when he finds out the kid is not his or she faked it this whole time

Jon & Danny getting it on,Ser Jorah knew that was going to happen, that's why he wanted her to fly, hard to fuck on top of a dragon....Im calling it, Jon/Danny child will be the prince that was promised. The war will be a long one that will last a generation just like the first long night.

*edit*
I think Season 8 will start off 18-20years later.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Jorah getting friendzoned once again when Dany says she'll sail with Jon. :lolz:

All it needed was a shot of him in the adjacent room while Dany and Jon made forbidden love and that episode would've been a 10/10.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
This episode is proof that every episode this season needed to be 90 minutes long.

Totally agree.

This season felt compressed and rushed, with crazy pacing and fast travel, and its a huge bummer that the season ended with the story starting to really pick up steam with this finale.

If the final season is only going to be six episodes, it had better be two hours per episode. I don't see how they're going to have the entire Great War in only six episodes, let alone everything else that's going to be going on outside of it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
What's funny is I immediately starting thinking about the thermodynamics of melting a wall 10m,20m,or 30m thick of ice.
....Then i realized it's magic, and who gives a fuck.

Never stop insisting on science from fantasy writers.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
All it needed was a shot of him in the adjacent room while Dany and Jon made forbidden love and that episode would've been a 10/10.

Shot of him in the adjacent room having a pull 11/10

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
We're here all week, have you tried the shrimp?