You've been around the gaming scene.... since you can remember....

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
...Whats the most IMPORTANT thing that you have managed to acquire?

It doesn't have to be expensive... or rare... or even a game...

It just has to be something you got but wouldn't part with for ANYTHING!

xROTx

PS.... I'll post mine later...

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Super Metroid strategy guide my grandfather bought me.

My first arcade cab, big red 4-slot.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I know people will think I'm trolling with this, but for rilz the gold E3 N64 controller I got back in 1996 when a bunch of friends and I went to E3. Why? The memories of road tripping from Chicago to Atlanta with 2 friends and meeting a bunch of other guys we knew from IRC, going to E3, staying in a shit hotel and partying with some girls that were dental students or something like that. I never thought twice about that controller as I figured it was the same as the gold edition TRU N64. When I starting getting back into the N64 I found out that it's the rarez and that added to the coolness of it in addition to the memories of that trip.

Aside from that, it'd have to be my NES Advantage. Again really just for nostalgia and the memories.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I know people will think I'm trolling with this, but for rilz the gold E3 N64 controller I got back in 1996 when a bunch of friends and I went to E3. Why? The memories of road tripping from Chicago to Atlanta with 2 friends and meeting a bunch of other guys we knew from IRC, going to E3, staying in a shit hotel and partying with some girls that were dental students or something like that. I never thought twice about that controller as I figured it was the same as the gold edition TRU N64. When I starting getting back into the N64 I found out that it's the rarez and that added to the coolness of it in addition to the memories of that trip.

Aside from that, it'd have to be my NES Advantage. Again really just for nostalgia and the memories.

Yah... that's my point... Memories make us come back to the site...

I confess there are some people who see the site as a market only forum... BUT... to me... it's more... MUCH more...

Games come and go... It's the important things that matter to me...

THIS is the only thing I would never part with (...with my eternal gratitude to cdamm...):

image11_zpscnrmbtf1.jpg

xROTx

PS. After 3 decades in the so called "scene"... this is the item I'm most proud to own... and I've owned a LOT!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Probably my Dimahoo/GreatMahouDaisakusen art set, it's my favorite shooter and long after I quit playing games I imagine I'll have it tucked away somewhere in a file. Or maybe the Cave Shooting Artwork book that I received as a prize for winning a photoshop contest over at shmups. I figure even after I stop playing games and perhaps liquidate, I can look through the book and wonder why I spent so much time playing these funny little games.

If I chose a game it'd probably be a Lifeforce NES cart I have, it's the only game left from that era and a fun little reminder of those early years back in the house I grew up in.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
My copy of Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals. It's my favorite game ever on its own merits, but it has huge sentimental value because my grandmother and I used to play it all the time together. She played the game every single day for the last eight years of her life, and she had already played it a dozen times before that habit started. When she'd beat it she'd just start a new game immediately or take on the Ancient Cave. She passed away with a Super Nintendo controller in her hands, playing that game.

She loved the NES and Super Nintendo. Mostly RPGs but also Mega Man.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Probably the dynamo cab with a Wonder Boy mobo.

Got it as a birthday present from my friends.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
All of it could probably go.

I get the same memories when I play Contra on an emulator as it do with my original xmas day cartridge.
the hundreds of hours I spent on FF6 don't need a cart.

now i'm wondering why i have all this shit!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
All of it could probably go.

I get the same memories when I play Contra on an emulator as it do with my original xmas day cartridge.
the hundreds of hours I spent on FF6 don't need a cart.

now i'm wondering why i have all this shit!

$50usd SHIPPED... for all your stuff... kthx...

xROTx

PS. Will send you a 1tb HDD with teh "gamez..."

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
It's a toss up between my poor eyesight, arthritis, short attention span and shriveled testicles.

Eh, I'll go with my shriveled testicles....

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
image11_zpscnrmbtf1.jpg

xROTx

PS. After 3 decades in the so called "scene"... this is the item I'm most proud to own... and I've owned a LOT!

My God... he's been gone almost 4 years already. Crazy. :crying:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
That's an easy one for me. This, it's the first game I ever got. And yes, this is the same cart I've owned forever. It's been borrowed and has moved over 10 times. Yea I know, it sucks, but I'll never get rid of it.
833dbad5fcb296e924caa07edf99ad55.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Most of the stuff I have that I'd never part with are things that were given to me when I was a kid by my parents. The one thing that tops my list is probably my original Super Nintendo, which I spent a ton of money on a while back to restore to like new condition. Also some games I got for my birthday from my mom, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Starfox, among others.

Most of the more recent stuff I don't care as much about, regardless of price. One exception is my copy of Crossed Swords 2. It was given to me by a friend in Canada, and before I got it in the mail he was killed in a car accident. I might sell every game I own but I'll never get rid of it.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
As a kid, i was heavily into fighting games at the arcade. When console games started to play like arcades(x-men vs street fighter saturn) people just started hang out to people's houses & arcade scene slowly died. Now that i have my own place, i was able to start up a Fight game community at my garage a.k.a. Mother Russia. People come over with different background, age, & skills. I have combination of old school fighting games & newer ones like SFV & KOFIV. We also do the occasional Saturn Bomberman or NBA Jam tournaments. Through the 6 or so years i been doing this, i was able to gain great friends.

20141228_221716_zpsaaklnnef.jpg

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I guess this is only tangentially video game related anyway, but it's really the thing in my "collection" or whatever that I would have the hardest time parting with.

So when I was a teenager (specifically starting in 1990), I got REALLY in to PC gaming. Like basically "fuck consoles" level. My best friend's dad was a game programmer at Sierra, he was super in to computer games, and he had a shitload of them, so that helped fuel my fire. I started off with a POS XT-based system that had dual floppies and a monochrome monitor, and slowly upgraded. First I got a color monitor, then I traded someone for a 20MB (yes, MB) hard drive. The next big move was to get a barebones-as-fuck 386 DX40. It was just the AT tower, mobo & CPU, a 3.5" disk drive, and a little bit of RAM. Was still using the 20MB HDD, and even moved one of the 5.25" floppy drives over even though the faceplate made it not fit quite right, because I saved a few bucks that way. Bought a 255MB hard drive at Costco to replace the 20MB deal. But the last piece of the puzzle was a sound card, because up until this time I was just rocking the PC speaker. But games were coming out by this time that could take advantage of something like a SoundBlaster card.

So my best friend and I both worked odd jobs all summer in 1993 to save money. He was mowing lawns and washing coffee pots for some neighbor of his who ran a coffee-machine leasing business. I was working at my step-dad's (although he wasn't my step dad yet) cabin up in Yosemite digging trenches for a new plumbing system. At the end of the summer, we both bought Gravis Ultrasound cards. These things were bad fucking ass. They were awesome for games like X-Wing because they could simultaneously emulate a SoundBlaster and a Roland MT-32 or Sound Canvas, meaning digitized speech and sound effects PLUS midi music. Some games supported it natively (like Epic Pinball and Blackthorne) and they sounded awesome, as well. I also spent tons of time fucking around with MIDI music and with MODs, which I would download off of BBSes.

gravis_ultrasound_packaging.jpg

So to make a long story kind of short, at some point several years later, my GUS died. Not sure how or why, but it just didn't work anymore, so I threw it away. But I have always kept a nicely-spec'ed DOS gaming machine around, and I wanted to get a GUS to put in it. I was looking for a long time because I wanted one CIB, and finally found one for sale in Germany (where the GUS was relatively popular). I had to sell my Vectrex collection to pay for it, but I ended up getting it. It's not like it's worth that much money, but to find another CIB Ultrasound would be very difficult, so that's why it's kind of the "holy grail" of my collection.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
My copy of Mega man x. I baby sat kids and chopped wood and did odd jobs for people just so I could save up for it. I was 11 and never saved so hard for anything in my life. I still have that game to this day and basically showed me you can buy anything as long as you are patient enough and don't quit.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
My favorite (Neo) thing that I wouldn't sell is my Neo Geo Bowl staff shirt. With the glow in the dark text on the back.

FLfVoFg.jpg

6pWu882.jpg