Bibliophile (Waseem Daker) Murder Case Update

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The problem I imagine is that his provided attorney had a different plan and Waseem didn't want to take a plea deal and say he was guilty, when he may not be.

I imagine an attorney who pressured him to take a plea because the evidence was so damning of a hair on a sweater found 16 years later, that the attorney had an entire story fabricated and didn't want to know Waseem's side of the story at all. That's why the provided counsel had to be fired.

Sounds about right. If you're not guilty you're not going to want a plea deal, it's the very last resort. The dude already had 10 years of his life wasted behind bars because of that psycho bitch.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
The problem I imagine is that his provided attorney had a different plan and Waseem didn't want to take a plea deal and say he was guilty, when he may not be.

I imagine an attorney who pressured him to take a plea because the evidence was so damning of a hair on a sweater found 16 years later, that the attorney had an entire story fabricated and didn't want to know Waseem's side of the story at all. That's why the provided counsel had to be fired.

Respectfully disagree. No lawyer is going to bail just because the client doesn't want to take a plea deal. Defense lawyers don't care whether clients plea or not. If the client doesn't want to consider a deal you gear up and try the case, who cares. You do what the client wants.

Highly more likely that Waseem thought he knew everything and could convey himself better without a lawyer getting in the way (a pretty common theme among the worst sociopathic murderers I should add)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Respectfully disagree. No lawyer is going to bail just because the client doesn't want to take a plea deal. Defense lawyers don't care whether clients plea or not. If the client doesn't want to consider a deal you gear up and try the case, who cares. You do what the client wants.

Highly more likely that Waseem thought he knew everything and could convey himself better without a lawyer getting in the way (a pretty common theme among the worst sociopathic murderers I should add)

I was just referencing the story in a tv show called Criminal Justice.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Well, there's something that wasn't shared in the news before... they found handcuffs, leg irons, and rope in the trunk of his car?

The books don't surprise me though, since he collected every book he could lay his hands on. Ninja Mind Control. :p

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
:lolz:

he should start a youtube channel and do amazon book reviews

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
im waiting for the version of paradise lost starring bibs.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Well, there's something that wasn't shared in the news before... they found handcuffs, leg irons, and rope in the trunk of his car?

The books don't surprise me though, since he collected every book he could lay his hands on. Ninja Mind Control. :p

I was reading through the thread earlier, trying to piece things together from various posts, articles, trial testimony, etc. Not sure if you guys have seen this but I feel it could very well turn out to be a key piece of evidence that many have overlooked for years:

Spoiler:
2lxbmx.gif

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
S/O to Dylan Roof for making Waseem only the second least advisable self-representative I'm aware of.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
S/O to Dylan Roof for making Waseem only the second least advisable self-representative I'm aware of.

Better odds- Waseem gets an acquittal, or Roof avoids the death penalty?

They could open a law firm together.

Marek

Banned

Do they let you choose your own WWF style theme music for your own execution?

The roof! The roof! The roof is on fire!!

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Dylan Roof has a bowl cut. Should be charged with that criminal infraction as well.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The fact that someone can act as his/her own attorney in a capital trial is a good reason to get rid of capital punishment.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
The fact that someone can act as his/her own attorney in a capital trial is a good reason to get rid of capital punishment.

The fact that the financial burden for taxpayers of the death penalty is far greater than that of life in prison (endless appeals requiring attorneys to represent the state vs a couple meals a day) is reason to end the death penalty, regardless of moral implications.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The death penalty should be abolished because nobody in society fucks up more than the government, and when it's a life and death situation there's no fixing a fuck up.