Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Totally agree.

This season felt compressed and rushed, with crazy pacing and fast travel, and its a huge bummer that the season ended with the story starting to really pick up steam with this finale.

If the final season is only going to be six episodes, it had better be two hours per episode. I don't see how they're going to have the entire Great War in only six episodes, let alone everything else that's going to be going on outside of it.

The persisting rumor is that they are all going to be 'feature length' episodes, which is (as I understand it) TV speak for 'longer than an hour'.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
What was with Tyrion acting all weird about Jon and Daenerys hooking up? Will it really complicate things too much? Am I missing something?

Cercie misleading everybody made me annoyed because it proved how much the capture and show plan sucked, but at least Jaime was pushed in the right direction.

Overall, pretty satisfied with how they left things this season. The stuff I didn't like is all wrapped up for now.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The worst part about the capture ans show plan was that the night king knew everything that would happen. He came with javelins, salvage chains, and when his army circled the john snow team, they waited patiently for the moment that the night king knew the dragons would be near. The night king saw it all before.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
What was with Tyrion acting all weird about Jon and Daenerys hooking up? Will it really complicate things too much? Am I missing something?

Cercie misleading everybody made me annoyed because it proved how much the capture and show plan sucked, but at least Jaime was pushed in the right direction.

Overall, pretty satisfied with how they left things this season. The stuff I didn't like is all wrapped up for now.

There's a bunch of theory's.
A common theory is people think Tyrion told Cercei that her kid will be the next successor to the throne, which is why she agreed and suddenly agreed to join the alliance.
Makes some sense given his interest in the successor in the earlier episodes. It also explains his concern for Jon / Danerys consummation, as that would throw off his plan.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The worst part about the capture ans show plan was that the night king knew everything that would happen. He came with javelins, salvage chains, and when his army circled the john snow team, they waited patiently for the moment that the night king knew the dragons would be near. The night king saw it all before.

Maybe they have a 3 eyed raven that is actually useful....

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object

So I guess we need to know the limits of the Night King's future-seeing powers. If he knows EVERYTHING before it happens, that wouldn't be interesting or exciting. If the Night King's powers do have limitations, how will we, the audience, know what those limitations are? It has been said before, magic rules need to be clearly defined in fiction or there will always be a cheap "out" for the writers. The audience will feel cheated. Maybe Bran knows?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So I guess we need to know the limits of the Night King's future-seeing powers. If he knows EVERYTHING before it happens, that wouldn't be interesting or exciting. If the Night King's powers do have limitations, how will we, the audience, know what those limitations are? It has been said before, magic rules need to be clearly defined in fiction or there will always be a cheap "out" for the writers. The audience will feel cheated. Maybe Bran knows?

time is a circle for the nightking. Maybe he already saw this happen when he was Bran. Then when Bran went back in time to the war between the first men and the children of the forest, he got stuck in the body of the first white walker, with the dragon glass to the heart. Now he just wants to kill Bran before that happens again and stop the cycle so he can sleep.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
A common theory is people think Tyrion told Cercei that her kid will be the next successor to the throne, which is why she agreed and suddenly agreed to join the alliance.
Makes some sense given his interest in the successor in the earlier episodes. It also explains his concern for Jon / Danerys consummation, as that would throw off his plan.

I've also seen the suggestion that Tyrion is/has been in love with Dany for a while now, and that shot was meant to indicate that he may be mad enough at Jon to actually say or do something.

AVClub had a interesting article suggesting that the story may end with the Night King being impervious to dragonglass, Jon realizing that he has to create a new Lightbringer to finally beat him, and Dany sacrificing herself in order for him to forge the blade in her heart.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member

If he can see the future, which it appears he can unless he's just really smart to think "small party of important guys are invading, get the spears and comically huge chains in case dragons show up", then I don't know how he can be beat unless he choses to be. To me, that'd be a pretty lame outcome.

Bran can only see the present and past, so that would give TNK a leg up on him as well.

Something tells me we're going to learn a lot about the white walkers and their motives next season, and its not going to just be as simple as "zombie horde that wants everything to die". There's definitely more going on than meets the eye.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If he can see the future, which it appears he can unless he's just really smart to think "small party of important guys are invading, get the spears and comically huge chains in case dragons show up", then I don't know how he can be beat unless he choses to be. To me, that'd be a pretty lame outcome.

Bran can only see the present and past, so that would give TNK a leg up on him as well.

Something tells me we're going to learn a lot about the white walkers and their motives next season, and its not going to just be as simple as "zombie horde that wants everything to die". There's definitely more going on than meets the eye.

Bran went back in time and could almost interact with Ned Stark before 3ER told him that the past has already been written and shouldn't be changed. But it's been theorized that Bran the Builder and Bran the Breaker were Bran too. If you go back in time, you only know the future up to the point you have seen.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Can we all agree... in Season 8...

Episodes 1-5 will be filled with killing the bad guys off... and then...

The Finale... episode 6... will involve a Time Travelling Dwarf like in Lost...... which leave the viewers stunned but critics divided...

xROTx

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
finally watched the final episode of season seven. i really liked how everything turned out except jon's side of things. really don't like what they did with him here. completely ripped away the charisma imo. i want to see how they're going to recover from this.

i've just started reading the books and i'm hoping the same events don't take place.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object

So Tyrion believes she can still have children, then?

I think that must be the case, but 6 episodes? 6 episodes?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
rAdgRNG.png

CINpnUr.gif

mjZTy3g.jpg

oOLrnUU.png

pU1NL5Y.jpg

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Just finished up S7 last night.

No big surprises this season, things seem to be moving along rapidly now, its nice to see that.

I do like the way the show is moving, things seem to be falling into place but not 100% in a predictable way. The dynamic between John Snow and Daenerys is entertaining (LOL incest). It was nice to see the dragons finally unleashed as well.

I will say that I really didn't expect the full insanity of Cersei. I know she is a crazy cunt, but I guess I didn't expect her character to be that stupid concerning the army of the dead. I liked Jamie's defection at the end as well.

*SPOILER*

The death of Baelish was no shocker. He is no longer needed and an easy one to kill off. At this point, most of the characters that are left are needed so killing off most of them would leave some large gaps in the plot, Baelish has filled his role.

I look forward to Season 8...whenever that will be.

* SUPER Spoiler*

So...Daenerys is John Snow's Aunt. Does anyone know how the system works in that fictional world? Figuring that Daenerys is the direct child of the mad king, would she still hold right to the throne with John being........prince? A Duke? What would a nephew be to a king/queen be titled?

Granted...that all goes out the window should they get married.

Either way, I'm willing to say that John Snow eats it so Daenerys can live...so she can rule.

Now I'm turning my focus on to the next Westworld...

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Just finished up S7 last night.

No big surprises this season, things seem to be moving along rapidly now, its nice to see that.

I do like the way the show is moving, things seem to be falling into place but not 100% in a predictable way. The dynamic between John Snow and Daenerys is entertaining (LOL incest). It was nice to see the dragons finally unleashed as well.

I will say that I really didn't expect the full insanity of Cersei. I know she is a crazy cunt, but I guess I didn't expect her character to be that stupid concerning the army of the dead. I liked Jamie's defection at the end as well.

*SPOILER*

The death of Baelish was no shocker. He is no longer needed and an easy one to kill off. At this point, most of the characters that are left are needed so killing off most of them would leave some large gaps in the plot, Baelish has filled his role.

I look forward to Season 8...whenever that will be.

* SUPER Spoiler*

So...Daenerys is John Snow's Aunt. Does anyone know how the system works in that fictional world? Figuring that Daenerys is the direct child of the mad king, would she still hold right to the throne with John being........prince? A Duke? What would a nephew be to a king/queen be titled?

Granted...that all goes out the window should they get married.

Either way, I'm willing to say that John Snow eats it so Daenerys can live...so she can rule.

Now I'm turning my focus on to the next Westworld...

Following the rules of succession, Jon's claim is greater.

He is the son of the crown prince, and lineage passes down directly from father to son first. If there is no legitimate heir, then they start to look for other legitimate male heirs. If they can't find any, then they go for legitimate female heirs. Then it would go to bastards and so forth.

So if the intention is to put a Targaryen on the throne, and they are going to honor the traditional laws of royal lineage, then Dany would be considered a usurper if she were to take the throne while Jon, the son of crown prince Rhaegar, were still alive. So long as a prince of the blood lives, according to Westerosi law, they will always have a stronger legal claim to the throne.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Following the rules of succession, Jon's claim is greater.

He is the son of the crown prince, and lineage passes down directly from father to son first. If there is no legitimate heir, then they start to look for other legitimate male heirs. If they can't find any, then they go for legitimate female heirs. Then it would go to bastards and so forth.

So if the intention is to put a Targaryen on the throne, and they are going to honor the traditional laws of royal lineage, then Dany would be considered a usurper if she were to take the throne while Jon, the son of crown prince Rhaegar, were still alive. So long as a prince of the blood lives, according to Westerosi law, they will always have a stronger legal claim to the throne.

[SPOILERS]
i've started reading the books and found out that they are not at that part of the story where jon's heritage has been revealed yet. so i'm hoping that the books take a complete different approach and preferably leave ned as jon's father and reveal him having a different mother.

even if george r.r. martin decides to make jon a targaryen, i hope he completely leaves the whole incest part out. completely ripped the charisma out of the character for me.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i've started reading the books and found out that they are not at that part of the story where jon's heritage has been revealed yet. so i'm hoping that the books take a complete different approach and preferably leave ned as jon's father and reveal him having a different mother.

even if george r.r. martin decides to make jon a targaryen, i hope he completely leaves the whole incest part out. completely ripped the charisma out of the character for me.

Wow dude

Hahaha.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
spoilers?. sorry, i'll fix it.

spoilers? no, if someone is here they don't get protections.

ok, this R+L=J story has been a long time in the making. You can trace it through the books. And when you're done reading them, you will agree that this is exactly where GRRM was going. But Jon and Dany weren't a given. That was from the showrunners. Maybe GRRM rubberstamped it. Regardless, incest is a part of many cultures' royal family trees, and the story of Oedipus is older than most of those real incestuous royal families.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
edit: Jesus Fuck.

Last edited:

Ip Man

15 Year Member
spoilers? no, if someone is here they don't get protections.

ok, this R+L=J story has been a long time in the making. You can trace it through the books. And when you're done reading them, you will agree that this is exactly where GRRM was going. But Jon and Dany weren't a given. That was from the showrunners. Maybe GRRM rubberstamped it. Regardless, incest is a part of many cultures' royal family trees, and the story of Oedipus is older than most of those real incestuous royal families.

i feel they shouldn't of given the main protagonist an incest tag, even if it is the norm of the set world. it worked with joffrey because he was made to be disliked, but jon was built up as the saviour of his family and a symbol of honour like some jesus figure. banging his fathers sister i felt did take away from the character. so i'm hoping his Johnson stays in his pants in the book when daenerys is in the picture, lol.