Bill & Ted Face The Music

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Excellent is good entertainment. Bogus is better. And I was looking forward to Music until I saw trailer #1. I've not bothered to watch trailer #2 yet. I'm hoping that having Sadler back will at least make his parts of the movie be tolerable.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Kevin Smith gave the movie a glowing review.

Take that for what you will.
Absolutely nothing. He's spent the last decade and half making sure that his opinion on any subject would be completely worthless. Every time he praises a movie before release, it turns out to be a steaming pile, and usually that some friend of his was in it somewhere.

Whoever predicted it will be the daughters that write the song is almost certainly correct. It's so lame but Hollywood is going to do the whole sjw thing and make it about the strong independent women saving the bumbling white men. Tragic.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
It’s going to be Bill and Ted all washed up, and their daughters will have to save the day for them. Let’s hope they don’t make a backstory on how their sons turned to non trans looking daughters.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The babies were never explicitly gendered, we all just assumed they were boys because of their names (Little Bill and Little Ted)

The girls' names in this are Theodora (Thea) and Wilhelmina (Billie), so that, while stupid, can be explained.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
The prediction that Bill & Ted don't aren't actually the heroes but their daughters will be is probably going to be spot on.

And there'll be some stupid 'we couldn't have done it without what we learned from you' narrative in misguided, flaccid attempt to placate the older fans that absolutely will NOT land.

I'll be okay with being proven wrong in this case. But given how wokeness keeps poisoning every old IP with its cancerous 'addition by subtraction' philosophy, this film is probably going to be DOA.

Makes me more and more happy every day Amazon passed on a Conan series.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I'm sure it will be the old "we told you Bill + Ted would save the world and you just assumed it would be you" nugget. The only thing that brings me any hope is that it's the original writers and the director of Galaxy Quest.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
But I think LOTR series is on the way, maybe

Yes, I can't wait for this prequel series to show us how muc more 'diverse, inclusive, stunning and brave' Middle Earth was before the fall of Numenor. The cataclysm will be used to explain why there aren't any gay, trans or POC in the 3rd Age.

Also, we'll find out orcs and goblins weren't the bad guy . It was Gondor and Rohan all along.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
There is a raging movement in tabletop gaming that Orcs as inherently evil creatures is simply racist ideology.

Uhm.

It’s fantasy. We live in a grey world. Let us play in one where it’s black and white. I don’t roleplay to make nuanced decisions about morality. I role play to be a god damned hero against an enemy who is factually and unambiguously evil.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Yes, I can't wait for this prequel series to show us how muc more 'diverse, inclusive, stunning and brave' Middle Earth was before the fall of Numenor. The cataclysm will be used to explain why there aren't any gay, trans or POC in the 3rd Age.

Also, we'll find out orcs and goblins weren't the bad guy . It was Gondor and Rohan all along.

Dont forget that they will make Legolas black and Gandolf a shaved-headed butchy woman.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There is a raging movement in tabletop gaming that Orcs as inherently evil creatures is simply racist ideology.

Uhm.

It’s fantasy. We live in a grey world. Let us play in one where it’s black and white. I don’t roleplay to make nuanced decisions about morality. I role play to be a god damned hero against an enemy who is factually and unambiguously evil.

Oh man, if you could be a dungeon master for those woke bitches... you could help them understand that the orc isn't some honorable rational creature, as they tear their flesh from their bardy faces.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I want to see this netflix exclusive happen, along with the admission that Dwarves were just tropes for Jews all along, and the tale of Smaug was just the Nibelungen rehashed, and de-antisemetized.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I want to see this netflix exclusive happen, along with the admission that Dwarves were just tropes for Jews all along, and the tale of Smaug was just the Nibelungen rehashed, and de-antisemetized.

Sounds like shit. I'll pass.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
yeah well, you're being racist against Orcs.

Did Saruman gentrify Fangorn Forest or did he bring industry to the orc worker?

I deserve to burn for even typing that sentence.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Did Saruman gentrify Fangorn Forest or did he bring industry to the orc worker?

I deserve to burn for even typing that sentence.

Burning with the fires of Orc... And it was totally gentrification. The orcs don't want for industry, self determination, or financial independence. They don't want for labor to provide for their orcish families. These are things the ent wants for: to be free, and to provide for their entwives. The orc knows not of wives or altruism.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Uhm.

The elves are behind it all. They are using the orcs and trolls as muscle against hard working humans like ourselves.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The elves are behind it all. They are using the orcs and trolls as muscle against hard working humans like ourselves.

elves using the orcs against the humans

romulans using the klingons against the earthlings

Chinese using the russians against the western allies.

the tropes never end.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

Uhm.

'Tabletop gaming' in 2020:

wogstrip33a.jpg

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
'Tabletop gaming' in 2020

Head over to r/rpg.

There are literally games about exploring feelings. I mean, that’s cool I guess (it’s not.)

I want to kill my way to a kingdom or die trying. I want wield the power of celestial beings, shrug off cosmic horrors, and lay waste to creatures of the night.

Next we’ll hear that killing vampires is genocide.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Head over to r/rpg.

There are literally games about exploring feelings. I mean, that’s cool I guess (it’s not.)

I want to kill my way to a kingdom or die trying. I want wield the power of celestial beings, shrug off cosmic horrors, and lay waste to creatures of the night.

Next we’ll hear that killing vampires is genocide.

All this shit woke Twitter takes seriously would have been Onion articles five years ago.

Now I can't tell if it's an unironically serious, and stupid, opinion or if it's a joke some wokescold took seriously and manipulated the algorhythm to make it go viral.

EDIT: And I'll pass on r/rpg. I'm too old to abide emotional validation anymore

Last edited: