Trump will win the 2020 election

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think it is quite possible Trump could win. The electoral college system favors the republican candidate. And Michael Moore has just said that he thinks Trump could win. He was one of only a few people to predict that Trump would win in 2016. But on the other hand, professor Allan Lichtman (who has correctly predicted every election since 1984) thinks Biden will win, and he predicted Trump's win in 2016.

Who cares what either of those two Nostradumbasses say?

You read one article in Rupert Murdoch land and think you know something.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I think Biden will win this year. But, of course, I can't rule out Trump winning. Just about all of the media ruled out any chance of Trump winning in 2016. It's easy for people to forget that Hillary didn't lose by all that much.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Biden might be ahead according to some polls right now, but watch him get butt fucked to death come the debates +some last minute sleaze come to the fore. Bush Jr got gains around the last leg of his candidacy for a second term.
It's a different world/play field than it was then, granted.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
According to various polls, Trump is doing better than he was against Clinton at this point in the proceedings. It's pretty safe to predict Trump will lose the popular vote again but they are within the margin of error in the swing states. It really could go either way.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
According to various polls, Trump is doing better than he was against Clinton at this point in the proceedings

No.

On Sept 2, Clinton had a 4.1% advantage in the RCP polling average. Biden currently holds a 6+ point advantage.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
He was on record today as saying if you vote for me vote once mail-in/absentees ballot and once in person and see if they'll let you.

He may win if his cult members vote for him twice.

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I think Biden is going to win a larger portion of the popular vote than Hillary did in 2016. Whether the votes are distributed in a way that also gives him an electoral college victory is up in the air though.

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Yeah. I feel those undecided voters are scared of the protesters. Trump's plan is working.

Hell, the proof is that even Biden is campaigning as a law and order candidate now.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I don't think 'Cult 45' will need to rig the election for Trump to win.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
why?

And are you saying that he hasn't already tampered with the system?

Because this is just another repeat of 2016 in my eyes.

Even with all the social unrest going on, all I see is the same political polarization ramped up to 11 in both sides.

I don't trust any of the 'science'.

I don't trust any of the 'data' or 'polling' and I won't rely on it to project a winner. Relying on these numbers and the predictions of 'experts who have predicted every presidency since 198X' comes off to me as disingenuous, especially in an election year like this one.

It's all brinksmanship as far as I'm concerned.

He's winning again in 2020. If I'm wrong, so be it.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'll counter that In 2016, you had some people who supported Trump, many people who supported Clinton, and many who thought we should elect someone who wasn't part of the system - someone who would bring change. Those people may still want change. We have countless testimonials from people who claimed they voted for Trump, and regret it. We have no testimonials from people who claimed they vote for Hillary, but feel they made a mistake. In short, I think the change people will vote to change out the system again, and this time, that means voting against Trump.

I would also imagine that many of the "undecideds" are wondering what happened with the stock market over the past 4 years, the obvious grift that was occurring. While most Americans don't have savings, or investments, a lot has changed over the past 4 years with Robinhood and other brokerages shifting to feeless transactions, so people are now more aware of the market activity, and the consequences of Trump's statements, tweets, decisions regarding the fed, and the China trade war.

I also imagine that many of his hispanic voters have been drained from seeing other spanish speakers locked in cattle cages.

Finally, I don't think that campaigns happen in a vacuum. People don't always vote for candidates. There's a social programming from the top levels, that permits messaging to the bottom. This is why I asked about the Spacing Guild yesterday. When the WSJ said that they expect the stock market to rise 14% with Biden over Trump a few weeks ago, that was where I figured that Wall Street has greenlit the transition from Trump to Biden.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
If I cared enough to find it, I'd be able to produce pro-Trump voices that counter all of the narratives.

The problem is...I am exhausted of it all. You know this.

So I'm not trusting any of these talking points.

Not a single one.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If I cared enough to find it, I'd be able to produce pro-Trump voices that counter all of the narratives.

The problem is...I am exhausted of it all. You know this.

So I'm not trusting any of these talking points.

Not a single one.

You do understand that pro-Trump voices basically represents less than 30% of the vote.

You need the voices that aren't Biden or Trump. That's where I see Trump facing a problem.

Unless of course the election is rigged.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I appreciate your efforts but I'm done trusting statistics and data regarding this election.

I'm done.

Good luck in November.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
He was on record today as saying if you vote for me vote once mail-in/absentees ballot and once in person and see if they'll let you.

He may win if his cult members vote for him twice.

Supporters are going to take him seriously, try it, and wind up in jail.

I'm a lot less sure of a Biden win than I was a few weeks ago, but I'll wait another two weeks for the convention effect to fade before seriously reassessing things.

Just going to throw this out there:

The ~*Model*~ said:
Chance of a Biden Electoral college win if he wins the popular vote by X points:

0-1 points: just 6%
1-2 points: 22%
2-3 points: 46%
3-4 points: 74%
4-5 points: 89%
5-6 points: 98%
6-7 points: 99%

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
the predictions of 'experts who have predicted every presidency since 198X' comes off to me as disingenuous, especially in an election year like this one.

Those are definitely 100% jokes.