What's the worst household chore?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Shoveling snow during a blizzard. You have to shovel for an hour or two, then go out after another hour because there's more snow. And if you wait too long, you have a hundred cubit feet to shovel.

Also, feeding pets canned food. It's one of the worst smells in existence IMO.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Shoveling snow during a blizzard. You have to shovel for an hour or two, then go out after another hour because there's more snow. And if you wait too long, you have a hundred cubit feet to shovel.

You ain’t wrong.

I do like using a snow thrower, tho. Never during...that shit is the pits.

But the day after? Sunny afternoon, Where I can throw some berms and drifts for the kids?

Good times.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
You forgot the part where the city plow barrels down your street, completely filling in everything you just shoveled. Men have died for less.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Cleaning the jizz off of floors, walls and furniture. It got so cumbersome I just stopped caring.

If only every woman had some sort of fleshy receptacle that you could ejaculate into, that might resolve this issue, but, what just God would allow such a thing?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
You forgot the part where the city plow barrels down your street, completely filling in everything you just shoveled.

Yes, but maybe he didn't forget because he's more fortunate.

Did you "forget" about the part where every time you turn around to dump the snow off of your shovel some person materializes and walks within 3 feet of you as if you're not even there?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Nah, it's true. A snow plow destroyed my basketball hoop. I'm honestly surprised I've never had a car damaged by one.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I also hate putting clothes away, but we have the seasons here and I hate raking leaves. Sometimes you rake everything and a week later it looks like you did nothing once more leaves fall down. That and shoveling driveways are nice to be outside in the cooler weather but both can be time consuming and sometimes you’re right back where you started when more leaves fall or it snows again.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Waxing the car
Painting the fence
Sanding the floor

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

My three best investments, period.

Snow blower
Generator
Battery Backup Sump Pump

I'm probably Permasealing the house this fall.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
First can be a chore, the other two sound like renovating.
As for the fence, just like a deck, everything made of wood that sits outside needs to be renewed every few years. It sucks.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

This is bad one for sure. I despise snow.

Personally, it's moving the lawn and lawn care in general. Call me crazy, but a lawn is just something I do not understand. For most people, it serves no purpose other than to suck up time and $$ tending to it. Few use their lawns for anything...so it just sits there being a possibly expensive and time consuming thing with no real purpose.

When I was a kid, we lived in Phoenix...most people had rocks/desert plants in the front of their houses. IF they had any grass...it was out back and in small amounts. When we moved to the midwest, I never got the purpose of having their massive front yard full of grass.

As for the fence, just like a deck, everything made of wood that sits outside needs to be renewed every few years. It sucks.

Fuck a deck.

Something else I do not understand. Our last house had a wooden deck and it was a never ending source of work and maintenance. When we were shopping for a new house one rule I had was "no deck". Our current home had a concrete patio out back. I see more and more new house designs ditching the deck in favor of a smaller patio.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Took me a while to learn this but the key to getting out of mowing is to mow the lawn early in the season, mow it short and mow it often. By July, the lawn just kind of sits there (unless there is a lot of rain).

We have had our new mower for two seasons. Looks like we will have about 6 hours on it when we put it up this fall (an hour of so of that was giving the girls tractor rides during the pandemic).

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Decks are great. Eating dinner outside in a comfortable setting, w/ a nice view is clutch.

I just don’t like the upkeep.

Thinking about expanding it/rebuilding it w/ Trex.

*Ymmv

** my statement only applies to above 1st floor decking. A ground level deck in lieu of a concrete slab, makes zero sense.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Our backyard was always a jungle to maintain, so we ended up putting a deck and then cementing the rest of the backyard with concrete. Deck adds a lot of value to your home.

Do you guys think cementing the front yard is tacky? i honestly dont care for grass at all.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Decks would be great if not for mosquitos.