The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It is a death cult.

"I'm often asked by some of my friends on the other side of the aisle about COVID … and why does it seem like folks in Mississippi and maybe in the Mid-South are a little less scared, shall we say," Reeves said.

"When you believe in eternal life — when you believe that living on this earth is but a blip on the screen, then you don't have to be so scared of things," he said.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

"I'm often asked by some of my friends on the other side of the aisle about COVID … and why does it seem like folks in Mississippi and maybe in the Mid-South are a little less scared, shall we say," Reeves said.

"When you believe in eternal life — when you believe that living on this earth is but a blip on the screen, then you don't have to be so scared of things," he said.
European members don't understand how fucked up and retarded southern Christians are. Easily one of the worst things of American culture.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
First legal challenge to new school districts lack of a mask mandate is dismissed in court.

Hoorah.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Universal masking prevents those absences you seemed so concerned with a few pages ago..

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
My 11 year old daughter, and I-disagree.

5-12 yr old kids that attend classes outside the home wouldn’t be sitting ducks for covid related illness, future complications, and death if they were vaccinated before the start of this school year.
If all ages responded to covid the same way as 5-12 yr old kids, we wouldn't be having this conversation. There would be no vaccination, no lockdowns, no mask wearing. In fact, you would never hear the name covid-19 in your whole life.

lithy

20 Year Member
I understand lithy and empathize with him. Actually, that goes for everyone here. It's been a rough year and a half. Hope the next year is better.

I personally foresee nothing changing next year and I've already noticed the prepwork in the messaging. The next variant is coming, cases rising in the fall/winter, waning immunity/booster shots, and fearmongering every large event as a potential superspreader event just to mention a few.

The only way it changes is if we take our lives back.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I personally foresee nothing changing next year and I've already noticed the prepwork in the messaging. The next variant is coming, cases rising in the fall/winter, waning immunity/booster shots, and fearmongering every large event as a potential superspreader event just to mention a few.

The only way it changes is if we take our lives back.
If the virus is killing people, then “take our lives back” will be a disaster.

if the virus isn’t killing people, then go ahead and take it back.

(the virus is killing people)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The county I work in has gone back to masking in all indoor public settings.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
How does one invest in Mortuaries and Crematoriums? This is going to be a long haul battle with conservative Christians.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
How does one invest in Mortuaries and Crematoriums? This is going to be a long haul battle with conservative Christians.

My grandfather built a Mausoleum in the 70s. Selling crypt space, was mailbox money for the rest of his life. Outperformed his retirement.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If all ages responded to covid the same way as 5-12 yr old kids, we wouldn't be having this conversation. There would be no vaccination, no lockdowns, no mask wearing. In fact, you would never hear the name covid-19 in your whole life.

I would disagree giving the attention that Acute Flaccid Myelitis got a few years ago.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Dumbass brother in law didn't get the shot so my sister (an RN) and niece are under quarantine with him now.

StevenK

10 Year Member
I would disagree giving the attention that Acute Flaccid Myelitis got a few years ago.
You hadn't even heard of hand, foot and mouth disease until your kids got it so I'm going to take your comment with a large pinch of salt.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You hadn't even heard of hand, foot and mouth disease until your kids got it so I'm going to take your comment with a large pinch of salt.

I had never heard of it when I was a kid.

I had a cursory knowledge of it as my nephew got it 6 months before my kids.

But this is all moot as your point fails. The Daycare shut down for 10 days as per guidelines to stop the spread of Hands Foot and Mouth.

StevenK

10 Year Member
I had never heard of it when I was a kid.

I had a cursory knowledge of it as my nephew got it 6 months before my kids.

But this is all moot as your point fails. The Daycare shut down for 10 days as per guidelines to stop the spread of Hands Foot and Mouth.
Children are significantly more ill from HFMD than covid. I wonder if they've finished rushing through an HFMD vaccination yet.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Takin' away my freedoms spreadin' hand foot and hammer and sickle diseases yehhhhhh and now the chinese back to eatin' more wombats I tell U wut

lithy

20 Year Member
Aaaaaaand Governor in conjunction with the rightful leader of the people (Acting Secretary of Health) announce a statewide mask mandate for schools. A week ago they called on the legislature to act and the Republican leadership declined, so not sure what authority they are claiming for this when recent judicial decisions have said that school districts have the right to set narrow health policies for their own district.

Fuck this world.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Aaaaaaand Governor in conjunction with the rightful leader of the people (Acting Secretary of Health) announce a statewide mask mandate for schools. A week ago they called on the legislature to act and the Republican leadership declined, so not sure what authority they are claiming for this when recent judicial decisions have said that school districts have the right to set narrow health policies for their own district.

Fuck this world.
Fuck the world because masks?