BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I need you to watch the whole series for me. It sounds just so bad. SO BAD.

How can a studio get it so wrong? Do they even have people who care about the series? Apparently not.
Yeah I'll watch this season til the end, if nothing else to see just HOW MUCH they get wrong.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Jimmy Saville: British Horror Story- Netflix doc. about England's most famous TV personality/kiddy fiddler. I don't know how this came as a shock to anyone, one look at the man should be enough evidence that he was up to no good. I've heard his case compared to Bill Cosby since booth of them had numerous accusations come out after decades and were generally beloved by the public but Cosby always came across as a mostly normal guy. Saville built his career around being eccentric, spent an inordinate amount of time around children and never married or dated. I mean he was best friends with Gary Glitter ffs. Not trying to say one is somehow better than the other but Cosby hid it a bit better.

Still as an American with minimal knowledge of Saville aside from hosting Top of the Pops it was interesting to see his story as we don't have entertainers like that here. The man was truly an oddity.

The doc itself was mediocre but worth a watch in a kind of face palm manner.

As always it's the loudest ones claiming to do the most good that you have to watch out for.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Halo episode 3:

You know what one of my biggest pet peeves is in tv/film/games? Wasting time on something that accomplishes absolutely nothing only to circle back to square one.

As an example: Beerfest (although I thought this was funny) - Landfill drowns in a vat of beer, right? So his TWIN BROTHER shows up, introduces himself and says "You know I do everything just like my brother, so I can take his place - you can even call me Landfill if you want!" Though it was funny, it was completely and utterly pointless to the story. But it was meant as a gag. So it gets a pass.

I mentioned in my last post that Cortana was now going to be some organic "person" that hung out with the MC. I was mistaken. But here's how I was mistaken:

They introduce the "cortana system" as a clone, but mentioned to be a failsafe of some sort that can replace/suppress memories/personalities of people. She's meant as a form of control over the Spartans in case they start feeling feelings. "Cortana" is played by the same actress who plays Halsey, which makes sense. Cortana was modeled after Catherine Halsey.

In the previous episode, its revealed that Halsey illegally created her clone because the flash cloning thing (which they did to conscript the children who would go on to be Spartans) was outlawed - but she created this perfect clone of herself, only a bit younger, and bald. The clone wakes up and starts having a conversation with Halsey, and shes impressed that Halsey perfected the flash cloning, and that she would now live.

But Halsey has a plan to take her perfectly cloned brain and - I dunno... puree it into some kind goo that gets injected into the MC's skull. There's a microchip/harddrive reminiscent of the chip that is shown in thegame, but I think it was just meant as a "eh? EH!? See! Mmber that?" type thing. So Clonetana gets her brain literally sucked out of her eyeball, pureed, injected into John's skull - that also contains some sort of holoprojector.

The next thing we see is a hologram of Cortana (voiced by Jen Taylor, no less) coalesce into a woman who is so obviously, haphazardly, LAUGHABLY computer animated and she now looks nothing like the actress that plays Halsey. And yet people say "You look just like Dr. Halsey."

Now, you see here's my pet peeve. You literally wrote, storyboarded, cast, financed, and filmed scenes that were so completely useless. WHY DIDNT YOU JUST INTRODUCE CORTANA AS THE AI VERSION OF HERSELF TO BEGIN WITH? WHO THE FUCK SIGNED OFF ON THIS SHIT.

Yes, Cortana was created from a cloned brain of Halsey that she created. But if I recall correctly, it was literally just the brain that was cloned. Not an entirely sentient person with her own memories. But you wrote all this extra shit just to end up with a hologram woman voiced by the actress who voiced her in the games.. But yet you couldn't get Steve Downes.

Also, the MC took off his suit yet again, spent most of the episode in either the leotard that goes on under the armor, or butt ass naked. For real they close up on this dudes sphincter like ANYONE would want to this jackasses ass. No woman or gay man in their right mind is gonna find this dude attractive.

The one good thing about this ep is they introduced the Hunters, but in a round about way. You only see a foot of one but you can tell the "foot" is made of worms like in the games. And then those worms infest a UNSC ship and take it over, but they never form into a full Hunter. Grunts are mentioned, but not shown. No mention of Brutes. No one likes those shits anyway.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Bro you should just stop watching. I know I said watch it all but…

This sounds like fucking trash.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Bro you should just stop watching. I know I said watch it all but…

This sounds like fucking trash.
It is, and even though there are moments of "oh thats cool!" there are so many more that just make you think 'what the fuck is this shit.'

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member

What cabs are in the background?

Documentary of a couple here

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I subbed to Paramount Plus to watch some Star Trek.

Picard Season 2 is starting out strong but I also felt the same way about S1. We’ll see.

EDIT: seems like the previous established timeline such as the Eugenics Wars, nuclear wars, etc have been ignored.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

Picard Season 2 is starting out strong but I also felt the same way about S1. We’ll see.

EDIT: seems like the previous established timeline such as the Eugenics Wars, nuclear wars, etc have been ignored.
Kurtzman is running things, so I think you can probably go ahead and assume everything is ignored. Or if not ignored, at least completely misrepresented. I doubt any member of the writing staff had ever seen a single episode of TNG until after production started. And even then, only maybe.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year

I liked season 1, unfortunately Season 2 is awful.

I seriously hate the "lets make the characters time travel to the current year (or close to it) for WRITING PURPOSES TO SAVE MONEY!" trope in shows.

Its been completely boring.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I liked season 1, unfortunately Season 2 is awful.

I seriously hate the "lets make the characters time travel to the current year (or close to it) for WRITING PURPOSES TO SAVE MONEY!" trope in shows.

Its been completely boring.

I wondered about that but Trek has a long history of Time Travel. 2024 is a year they went to in DS9 once but the depiction of LA doesn’t 100% match how bad it was in Dan Fran 2024 but I guess we saw from inside one of the sanctuary zones. Lol whatever the pre-warp continuity has always been a bit poorly defined.

They sure are making up a lot of new backstory in this season.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Anyone watched Star Trek Diacovery? I heard it’s hot dog shit but I’m going to check it out when Picard is over. Meanwhile I’ll be watching TOS because I’m gearing up to run an original series tabletop RPG with my gaming group lol.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Anyone watched Star Trek Diacovery? I heard it’s hot dog shit but I’m going to check it out when Picard is over. Meanwhile I’ll be watching TOS because I’m gearing up to run an original series tabletop RPG with my gaming group lol.
It's... Not great. Lots of retconning. The main character is Spocks adopted sister.... That he HAS NEVER ONCE MENTIONED in 50 years of continuity lol and the Klingons look absolutely retarded.

It's also severely "woke-trek" in the current season. I stopped watching it this season.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
The first season was decent, had a few good characters and some interesting plot twists.

Season 2 was woke as fuck, and I'm usually fine with that but this was just too much.

Someone told me in the latest season the ship gets scared and I decided not to bother.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It's also severely "woke-trek" in the current season. I stopped watching it this season.

That’s too bad. Star Trek is at its best when it’s about morality (much like Superman) but it’s hard to write a story like that that isn’t ham fisted, patronizing, or just dumb.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
That’s too bad. Star Trek is at its best when it’s about morality (much like Superman) but it’s hard to write a story like that that isn’t ham fisted, patronizing, or just dumb.

If you haven't already, and you want a good Trek show - watch Lower Decks.

If you want a good live action Trek show - watch the Orville lol

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
A Besugo (The Informant) HBO

In Communist Hungary in 1985, Geri is eager to start his first year of college. But his plans are interrupted when the State Security blackmails him into spying on Zsolt Száva, a radical pro-democracy leader.

Backstory took about 5 minutes NICE most stuff moves quickly
Good soundtrack, love the intro
Really to me being from the US the story seems silly and I wish they were adults.
I live for the 80's scenery.
It has parts i find funny, exciting, drama.
Been watching it for over a month now and I'll keep at it.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

Undone season 2 hits Prime on Friday.

Season 1 was fantastic in my opinion. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. Probably the best thing on Amazon Prime by a lot.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

Undone season 2 hits Prime on Friday.

Season 1 was fantastic in my opinion. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. Probably the best thing on Amazon Prime by a lot.
Oh hey, I remember that show. Vaguely. Yeah, it was pretty good.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Oh hey, I remember that show. Vaguely. Yeah, it was pretty good.
Took them 3 years to get season 2 out due to ronas, unfortunately.

Hopefully this season has a satisfying conclusion because I doubt a third season is in the cards. I haven't really heard a peep of news about this until today, when I looked up the trailer for season 1 to show to a friend who asked for a binge show recommendation.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Started watching the 12 Monkeys series from a couple years back on SyFy. Only about 4 eps in, but it's vastly different from the movie. I suppose that was to be expected.

Its ok so far. No one really likeable. The main blonde girl looks so damn familiar, but I checked her IMDB page and I haven't watched anything she's been in. Shes hot. No boobs tho. But really pretty.