OFFICIAL N-G.com Star Trek Thread

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Damn I’d love to see a post Picard series that dealt with the Romulan issues. Hell, maybe set it a few years ahead where there are a few Romulans in Star fleet. Id love some banter between a Vulkan and a Romulan bridge officer. Throw in a Klingon too.

That reminds me - Were Worf and B’Elanna the only Klingons in Starfleet?
As of Voyager, that's presumed to be the case. Worf being the only full blooded Klingon. Couldn't say if that's true now.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
As of Voyager, that's presumed to be the case. Worf being the only full blooded Klingon. Couldn't say if that's true now.

I just couldn't stomach Voyager - I dropped in when they did that Star Trek 6 crossover with Tuvok, even though he was clearly not a Vulkan in the film - but still, I give it a pass and that 2-parter (I think it was a 2 parter) was good. But it's purely TNG and DS9 for me.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I just couldn't stomach Voyager - I dropped in when they did that Star Trek 6 crossover with Tuvok, even though he was clearly not a Vulkan in the film - but still, I give it a pass and that 2-parter (I think it was a 2 parter) was good. But it's purely TNG and DS9 for me.
He wasn't in the film at all. He did appear in Generations though as an unrelated character.

Fygee

20 Year Member
He wasn't in the film at all. He did appear in Generations though as an unrelated character.
You're both right. He wasn't in ST6, but there was a flashback episode they did on Voyager where he was on the Excelsior during the events of ST6. Had Sulu, Rand, and other bridge folks that were in ST6 for it.

I'm glad they're doing Section 31 as a one-off movie instead of a series. Should be a fun watch.

Season 2 trailer for Strange New Worlds dropped today as well.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I've seen some leaked images for tomorrow's finale, and you all aren't ready for it.

Avoid spoilers. Trust me.

I will drop a hint though if you want a teaser.

Spoiler:
There's a character that hasn't been featured from this season that shows up, but has been in a previous season.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It's a trash show with two really good characters (The Doctor, Seven of Nine). Out of seven seasons there are maybe a dozen really good episodes of Voyager. Not at all worth the watch.

DS9 is mostly bad too but the Dominion War is good sometimes.

Fygee

20 Year Member
It's a trash show with two really good characters (The Doctor, Seven of Nine). Out of seven seasons there are maybe a dozen really good episodes of Voyager. Not at all worth the watch.

DS9 is mostly bad too but the Dominion War is good sometimes.
1681959087079.jpeg

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

I actually really enjoy the Horus Heresy books. Really rekindled my interest in 40K. I’d recommend reading the first three books in order and then you can kind of jump around (though probably should read the subsequent Siege of Terra books in order) as long as you have a basic understanding of the timeline of events in the Heresy.

Magnus did nothing wrong :emb:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I watched Ep 10.

Won’t be posting any spoilers till y’all have seen it.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I actually really enjoy the Horus Heresy books. Really rekindled my interest in 40K. I’d recommend reading the first three books in order and then you can kind of jump around (though probably should read the subsequent Siege of Terra books in order) as long as you have a basic understanding of the timeline of events in the Heresy.

Magnus did nothing wrong :emb:
i just wish it weren't so many

when it comes to 40k books: the night lords omnibus is still on backlog and so is ciaphas cain.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
i just wish it weren't so many

when it comes to 40k books: the night lords omnibus is still on backlog and so is ciaphas cain.

I definitely get that. Too many books. I tend to pick a Heresy topic I want to read about and then get a book or two about it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
DS9 is just one step behind TNG for me. Great show.
Fami just hates Avery Brooks because he's black.

I hate Avery Brooks because he's an awful actor who is wooden and desperately trying to imitate Sidney Poitier.

He is not successful in that attempt.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I hate Avery Brooks because he's an awful actor who is wooden and desperately trying to imitate Sidney Poitier.

He is not successful in that attempt.
Kevin Costner and Hayden Christensen are wooden.

Avery Brooks is not wooden. Not in acting, and not in real life.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Avery Brooks has the worst line delivery in the franchise, and that's saying something in a franchise that includes Shatner. There's nothing wrong with Brooks as a person and his facial expressions and body language are on point, but his line delivery is just ridiculously awkward.

Heseemstorandomly CHANGE THE VOLUME AND CADENCE ofthewordsthathesays AND IT MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO TAKE ANYTHING hesaysseriously

famicommander

15 Year Member
famicommander - erase that entire post.
No. Dude acts like he struggles mightily to pronounce every word in the english language. Like each word causes him serious pain to spit out.