OFFICIAL N-G.com Star Trek Thread

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm 90% sure that after all the times Beverly mentions "space taking Wesley" that the Traveler is gonna swoop in and save the day at the 11th hour for this finale. Which I am cool with.

I had that same thought as well. There almost has to be some Deus Ex Machina or the final episode needs to be two hours.

But outside of that I’m sure it will be
Spoiler:
Jack who saves the day with his powers to control assimilated beings.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I had that same thought as well. There almost has to be some Deus Ex Machina or the final episode needs to be two hours.

But outside of that I’m sure it will be
Spoiler:
Jack who saves the day with his powers to control assimilated beings.
Speaking of, do we know how long the final episode is? Be awesome if it were even just a little longer. Like 90min

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Wil Wheaton is awesome. Bonus mindfuck, he's three years older than Pat Stew was when TNG first aired.

As for episode 10, I think it would be really bold and different if it didn't fully "deus ex machina" it's way out of it.

Spoiler:
Obviously Jack will be the key to saving Starfleet, but what if in doing so, all the people under the age of 25 that got assimilated actually died? Some real, tenable consequences to what happened. Doubt it'll happen, but you never know.

Last episode is also called The Last Generation. Take from that what you will, but the title of every episode has always had more than one meaning, often different than what you might expect.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Wil Wheaton is awesome. Also, as a mindfuck, he's three years older than Pat Stew was when TNG first aired.

As for episode 10, I think it would be really bold and different if it didn't fully "deus ex machina" it's way out of it.

Spoiler:
Obviously Jack will be the key to saving Starfleet, but what if in doing so, all the people under the age of 25 that got assimilated actually died? Some real, tenable consequences to what happened. Doubt it'll happen, but you never know.

Last episode is also called The Last Generation. Take from that what you will, but the title of every episode has always had more than one meaning, often different than what you might expect.
Goddamn I can't wait. Goosebumps thinking about it. If they stick the landing this will be one of my fave TNG movies (I think of this S3 as a long TNG film)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Wil Wheaton is awesome. Bonus mindfuck, he's three years older than Pat Stew was when TNG first aired.

Spoiler:

Man that’d be a terrible ending but I’ve no doubt some sacrifices will have to be made.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I was hoping to see Janeway.
I feel like when the tide turns in the final moments, we'll see a cavalcade of cameos as everyone comes together for one big assault...so who knows?

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
WTH..........WTF..............The Enterprise D was fully restored and is functional, HOW

Did I imagine this

And now

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
WTH..........WTF..............The Enterprise D was fully restored and is functional, HOW

Did I imagine this

It’s a restoration. USS Ship of Theseus.

I assume many of the Galaxy class ships are retired in 2400. Geordi’s got connections.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
It’s a restoration. USS Ship of Theseus.

I assume many of the Galaxy class ships are retired in 2400. Geordi’s got connections.
No I'm not shocked it exist. I am BEYOND shocked it is actually functional. That saucer section had to be beyond totaled.

I hope the Galaxy class ships are still in fleet operation, I believe per volume they still are the largest.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
No I'm not shocked it exist. I am BEYOND shocked it is actually functional. That saucer section had to be beyond totaled.

I hope the Galaxy class ships are still in fleet operation, I believe per volume they still are the largest.
I guess you can restore anything, if you're prepared to accept very little of it is actually the original parts. I'll bet there are military planes in almost continuous service since the 60s that haven't retained a single first-build screw.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
guess geordi had a lot of free time during those last twenty years to fix the whole thing up.
also several other galaxy class ships can be seen during the whole forced formation scene.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
guess geordi had a lot of free time during those last twenty years to fix the whole thing up.
also several other galaxy class ships can be seen during the whole forced formation scene.
Throw a few nano whatevers at it like the borg do and the ships would fix themselves in about an hour

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
exocomps and holograms can also fix shit.

what i'm trying to say is NO ONE'S EVER REALLY GONE