OFFICIAL N-G.com Star Trek Thread

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
They did have all those slave bots at Utopia Planetia before it went kaboom.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
No I'm not shocked it exist. I am BEYOND shocked it is actually functional. That saucer section had to be beyond totaled.

I hope the Galaxy class ships are still in fleet operation, I believe per volume they still are the largest.
Ships are made of sturdy stuff.

Plus, Geordi and his team has had 20 years to restore it with what I presume to be mostly replicated parts.

Terry tweeted that the Borg Queen's face was deliberately hidden in episode 9 as she is not going to look like what we expect. Supposedly she's going to look a a total mess since Janeway and Voyager really fucked the Borg over.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Ships are made of sturdy stuff.

Plus, Geordi and his team has had 20 years to restore it with what I presume to be mostly replicated parts.

Terry tweeted that the Borg Queen's face was deliberately hidden in episode 9 as she is not going to look like what we expect. Supposedly she's going to look a a total mess since Janeway and Voyager really fucked the Borg over.
The saucer slide across that planet surface for miles.

I read Geordi raped and cannibalize other POOR Galaxy Class to rebuild the D.

He obviously stole the entire drive section from another Galaxy, no way was Starfleet building a new functional drive section

Fygee

20 Year Member
The saucer slide across that planet surface for miles.

I read Geordi raped and cannibalize other POOR Galaxy Class to rebuild the D.

He obviously stole the entire drive section from another Galaxy, no way was Starfleet building a new functional drive section
It did. I bet the underside was scuffed all to hell. Still, these hulls are built to withstand some heavy impacts. Obviously salvageable for a museum piece that took 20 years to do, and the D is a ship worthy of it.

Geordi said the secondary hull was taken from another ship of the same class. The Sutherland if I remember right?

Raped and cannibalized? You need to call down dude.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So they had apparently delayed this weeks episode of Ready Room until Saturday. I was wondering why I couldn’t find it after I watched Ep 9 of Picard.

As usual they show a scene from next week’s episode. It looks like The Borg Ship Jack is on is in the great storm on Jupiter. I was wondering where the color red would come in and why the cube was in a storm of red when Borg imagery is usually green.

I still want to know where the fuck the Jurati Borg are.

They showed the new D set on Ready Room and the lengths they went to recreate the original set are really pretty damn cool.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
So they had apparently delayed this weeks episode of Ready Room until Saturday. I was wondering why I couldn’t find it after I watched Ep 9 of Picard.

As usual they show a scene from next week’s episode. It looks like The Borg Ship Jack is on is in the great storm on Jupiter. I was wondering where the color red would come in and why the cube was in a storm of red when Borg imagery is usually green.

I still want to know where the fuck the Jurati Borg are.

They showed the new D set on Ready Room and the lengths they went to recreate the original set are really pretty damn cool.
I almost watched on YouTube. But now I am not going to since you are claiming spoiler.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
It did. I bet the underside was scuffed all to hell. Still, these hulls are built to withstand some heavy impacts. Obviously salvageable for a museum piece that took 20 years to do, and the D is a ship worthy of it.

Geordi said the secondary hull was taken from another ship of the same class. The Sutherland if I remember right?

Raped and cannibalized? You need to call down dude.
Cannibalized IS the proper word.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I almost watched on YouTube. But now I am not going to since you are claiming spoiler.

They give fair warning before they show the scene, and it’s at the very end. I think this Ready Room is worth watching. Just skip the preview scene.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
what if the borg queen is actually the older janeway from the last episode of voyager who got assimilated and survived due to timefuckery?

Fygee

20 Year Member
I just want to know what is up with the Jurati Borg.
Apparently off protecting transwarp conduits far, far away according to Terry.
what if the borg queen is actually the older janeway from the last episode of voyager who got assimilated and survived due to timefuckery?
Heard a good number of folks theorizing that. Would be a trip and the last true "holy shit" cameo to pull out of their hat.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
If they include another Voyager character, it should be The Doctor, IMO.
Also, another from DS9 could be Kira Nerys, IMO. As the actor that played Odo is no longer with us.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Apparently off protecting transwarp conduits far, far away according to Terry.

Heard a good number of folks theorizing that. Would be a trip and the last true "holy shit" cameo to pull out of their hat.

Protection from what? The unknown threat that was stopped in S2?

I won’t be disappointed if the Jurati Borg aren’t in S3, but I will be annoyed if they’re never addressed again in Trek post-Picard.

But I have a feeling something big and universe changing will happen in the final episode, so we’ll see.

Fygee

20 Year Member
If they include another Voyager character, it should be The Doctor, IMO.
Also, another from DS9 could be Kira Nerys, IMO. As the actor that played Odo is no longer with us.
Neither of those would make any sense at all. They'd be there just to be there. The biggest reason all the memberberry cameos have been good to great this season is because you both didn't see them coming, and they contribute to the story in a meaningful and logical way.

Protection from what? The unknown threat that was stopped in S2?

I won’t be disappointed if the Jurati Borg aren’t in S3, but I will be annoyed if they’re never addressed again in Trek post-Picard.

But I have a feeling something big and universe changing will happen in the final episode, so we’ll see.
Supposedly. Plot contrivance to explain them away. Could be anything they wanted to come up with.

Similar to Kirk's body being in Daystrom, and Worf's offhand comment regarding the Enterprise-E, it's intended to be a "plot seed" to be developed in another series or medium, should anyone want to. It just won't be resolved or featured further in this one.

And yes, I think so too. I just hope it's something that actually matters and doesn't get retconned because of whiny nerds on the intarwebz.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I hope so too.

Unfortunately it seems they’ve done just that with the Jurati Borg, but I guess that “collective” is pretty small - since it’s only those beings assimilated since the 2020s by the Jurati queen.

I wonder if the primary collective is even aware of the Jurati collective?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I'm just over here hoping the less connections to S1 & 2 the better.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm just over here hoping the less connections to S1 & 2 the better.

I mean, yeah, I tend to agree. It’s just the emergence of a Borg collective that is ostensibly allied with the Federation is…sort of a big deal. “Protecting the trans warp conduits” is some bullshit writing.

But then again we’ve also really only had lip service paid to the Destruction of Romulus and the establishment of the Romulan Free State. Picard S1 sought to address it but S1 had too many simultaneous storylines going at once.

You know I’d love to see a post nemesis Trek series that did deal with the collapse of the Romulan Star Empire leading up to and including the aftermath of destruction of Romulus seven years later.

I mean by the time of Picard S3 Romulus has been gone for what? Almost 15 years?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
If they can bring back Data after dying, maybe that means they can do the same for Picard (as he's also an android now).

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
If they can bring back Data after dying, maybe that means they can do the same for Picard (as he's also an android now).
That's going to be a lot harder when Patrick Stewart is dead in roughly 15 minutes

Fygee

20 Year Member
I mean, yeah, I tend to agree. It’s just the emergence of a Borg collective that is ostensibly allied with the Federation is…sort of a big deal. “Protecting the trans warp conduits” is some bullshit writing.

But then again we’ve also really only had lip service paid to the Destruction of Romulus and the establishment of the Romulan Free State. Picard S1 sought to address it but S1 had too many simultaneous storylines going at once.

You know I’d love to see a post nemesis Trek series that did deal with the collapse of the Romulan Star Empire leading up to and including the aftermath of destruction of Romulus seven years later.

I mean by the time of Picard S3 Romulus has been gone for what? Almost 15 years?
Yup, around there. I also don't buy the idea that Romulus and Remus getting blowed up real good would bring the whole Romulan Empire down. It would be a significant blow, but the Empire, along with the Klingon Empire and Federation, take up a lot of real estate in the south half of the galaxy. I'm sure there are still plenty of heavily populated planets under their control. If anything I would expect a lot of internal fighting between the free state and the old empire, much like Star Wars with the New Republic and Empire right after ROTJ. Oh well, plot, writing, fiction, etc.

Depends on how his "Golem" works and if they'd even be capable of it without anymore Soongs (that we know of) around. Or if Picard would even want that considering how concerned he was before that he'd be immortal with his new body.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
[SPOILER="What happens when a synthetic Picard offers up himself to the collective? Seems pretty likely he's going to do that to save Jack....come on Thursday"]What happens when a synthetic Picard offers up himself to the collective? Seems pretty likely he's going to do that to save Jack....come on Thursday[/SPOILER]
Yup, around there. I also don't buy the idea that Romulus and Remus getting blowed up real good would bring the whole Romulan Empire down. It would be a significant blow, but the Empire, along with the Klingon Empire and Federation, take up a lot of real estate in the south half of the galaxy. I'm sure there are still plenty of heavily populated planets under their control. If anything I would expect a lot of internal fighting between the free state and the old empire, much like Star Wars with the New Republic and Empire right after ROTJ. Oh well, plot, writing, fiction, etc.

Depends on how his "Golem" works and if they'd even be capable of it without anymore Soongs (that we know of) around. Or if Picard would even want that considering how concerned he was before that he'd be immortal with his new body.

I feel like that new body will come into play as well as he's likely to sacrifice himself. We'll see.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Damn I’d love to see a post Picard series that dealt with the Romulan issues. Hell, maybe set it a few years ahead where there are a few Romulans in Star fleet. Id love some banter between a Vulkan and a Romulan bridge officer. Throw in a Klingon too.

That reminds me - Were Worf and B’Elanna the only Klingons in Starfleet?

Last edited: