A semi-serious discussion on transgender issues

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Do I think it's fair? My opinion doesn't matter, because I'm not a female athlete.

And with all due respect, unless you're a female athlete, I don't really care too much about if you think it's fair. I was just sharing my experience.

Nope...that's a copout.

You just defended trans-skaters a second ago, are you one of them? If not.............

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I'm not in the mood to entertain a thread full of transphobic bullshit.

But anyway you're right, I'm not female or trans so my opinion matters squat just like yours.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
This is turning into last year's "Should it be acceptable for non-black people to say 'the n word?' A bunch of white dudes in their 30s and 40s weigh in!" thread.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Edited out some personal attacks from my last post.

Going back to trying to ignore this thread. I probably won't do a good job.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

But anyway you're right, I'm not female or trans so my opinion matters squat just like yours.

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"transphobic bullshit"

Oh boy...that didn't take long. Ye Olde "Whoops, these people disagreed with me when I made an all-encompassing, opinionated statement, better call them all names and skirt out the bathroom window" routine.

"transphobic"

LOL. Indeed.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I commend everyone who has defended their friends in this thread.

But these are real world issues with real world winners and losers - it's not good enough to attempt to stop people asking questions under the bigot banner.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I commend everyone who has defended their friends in this thread.

But these are real world issues with real world winners and losers - it's not good enough to attempt to stop people asking questions under the bigot banner.

I think he response was perfect and pretty much represented the entire trans issue.

Nearly any attempt to use logic, rather than feelings, in a current hot button topic such as this will only get you ridiculed (or accused) by the people pushing it.

Bring up actual facts about M to F athletes competing in women's sport will quickly get you tagged as "transphobic".

It's just a spiffy version of the "oh yeah? Well, you're a poopy head!!!" tactic taken by most 6 year old kids.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Back to the topic at hand:

Can we co-opt the transgender movement in order to get rid of selective service?

A bit of pedantry: no one really has a phobia of gay or trans people. They’re just bigots. We recognize racists for what they are. We don’t call them “black-phobic.”

How can it be a phobia if you have no anxiety or aversion until you k ow they’re gay or trans?

Last edited:

skate323k137

10 Year Member
YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"transphobic bullshit"

Oh boy...that didn't take long. Ye Olde "Whoops, these people disagreed with me when I made an all-encompassing, opinionated statement, better call them all names and skirt out the bathroom window" routine.

"transphobic"

LOL. Indeed.

Actually wasn't referring to you Re:transphobic bullshit. Just some other posts in the thread. But if the shoe fits...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Do I think it's fair? My opinion doesn't matter, because I'm not a female athlete.

And with all due respect, unless you're a female athlete, I don't really care too much about if you think it's fair. I was just sharing my experience.

You should delete your posts here then,

Or just be an armchair QB.

You don’t have to agree, but discounting our opinions while virtue signaling about your transgender friends is gay.

Yes, the female athletes should be allowed to choose who they compete against, and if they want to compete against a male, it should be allowed. Consent is the key.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
You should delete your posts here then,

Or just be an armchair QB.

You don’t have to agree, but discounting our opinions while virtue signaling about your transgender friends is gay.

Yes, the female athletes should be allowed to choose who they compete against, and if they want to compete against a male, it should be allowed. Consent is the key.

Only reason I chimed in at all was having been in a professional sports situation. Sure, I'm also an armchair qb admittedly. I won't delete my posts but I agree with the end of this quoted post. Except they're choosing to compete against a transgendered woman. Not a male.

I will also say fwiw that a lot of skateboard events don't even separate a womens division. It only happens at the larger events for points in the circuit.

Also... Calling me or my actions Gay as an insult? Lol. It's neo geo dot com, we are all massive faggits right?

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Only reason I chimed in at all was having been in a professional sports situation. Sure, I'm also an armchair qb admittedly. I won't delete my posts but I agree with the end of this quoted post. Except they're choosing to compete against a transgendered woman. Not a male.

I will also say fwiw that a lot of skateboard events don't even separate a womens division. It only happens at the larger events for points in the circuit.

Also... Calling me or my actions Gay as an insult? Lol. It's neo geo dot com, we are all massive faggits right?

Right. Men meet here and fuck, fuck each other over, or fuck around, with no women.

I said to delete your posts because they assume that we don’t have an opinion. But that’s not productive to your position. So don’t delete them. Engage or disengage.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
True story.

I used to work with someone that was into MMA. He would go to Andre Arlovsky's gym in Chicago when it was open. Not sure if it still is.

One time he was there and Ronda Roussey showed up.

And this isn't WWE, washed up Ronda. This is in her prime, destroying everyone with judo and arm bars Ronda.

She had a chip on her shoulder and wanted to fight a guy.

Like, actually fight.

Andre told her it wasn't a good idea because someone might get hurt.

She didn't care.

My work associate stepped up.

Ronda couldn't do shit to him. Even when she tried her judo, he just pushed her away.

She was thoroughly embarrassed. She didn't even hit him that hard, although God knows she was swinging for the fences.

She left the gym more angry tha she entered it.

He didn't have any footage of the event to show me because he wasn't allowed to have it, but he assured me the footage exists because if Ronda would have beaten him up, that shit would have been everywhere.

My work buddy wishes he hadn't been laughing as he was throwing her around the gym.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
True story.

I used to work with someone that was into MMA. He would go to Andre Arlovsky's gym in Chicago when it was open. Not sure if it still is.

One time he was there and Ronda Roussey showed up.

And this isn't WWE, washed up Ronda. This is in her prime, destroying everyone with judo and arm bars Ronda.

She had a chip on her shoulder and wanted to fight a guy.

Like, actually fight.

Andre told her it wasn't a good idea because someone might get hurt.

She didn't care.

My work associate stepped up.

Ronda couldn't do shit to him. Even when she tried her judo, he just pushed her away.

She was thoroughly embarrassed. She didn't even hit him that hard, although God knows she was swinging for the fences.

She left the gym more angry tha she entered it.

He didn't have any footage of the event to show me because he wasn't allowed to have it, but he assured me the footage exists because if Ronda would have beaten him up, that shit would have been everywhere.

My friend wishes he hadn't been laughing as he was throwing her around the gym.

This post gives me heavy TonK vibes.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
This post gives me heavy TonK vibes.

I don't know if that's good or bad.

I only know that women and men shouldn't compete in professional contact sports.

Just further affirmation that the 'merit' of professional athletics is manufactured as often as it is legit.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
In that moment, I was not at KFC eating breakfast while looking at my phone. I was transported to my elementary school's playground, along with everyone else here, and we were inside that giant, semi-circle structure, and you were in the center of it telling us that tale in a hushed tone, ending it with, 'true story.'

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
In that moment, I was not at KFC eating breakfast while looking at my phone. I was transported to my elementary school's playground, along with everyone else here, and we were inside that giant, semi-circle structure, and you were in the center of it telling us that tale in a hushed tone, ending it with, 'true story.'

Until the 5th grade girl who already hit puberty says “yeah right” and knocks you out :emb:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Until the 5th grade girl who already hit puberty says “yeah right” and knocks you out :emb:

I have no reason not to believe the story as told to me. Especially considering Ronda was, and remained afterwards, one of his favorite fighters to watch.

EDIT: Although in retrospect, maybe men and women SHOULD compete in contact sports without changing any of the rules in order to be equitable.

A lot of women will get so embarrassed that it will kill the whole discussion right then and there.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I have no reason not to believe the story as told to me. Especially considering Ronda was, and remained afterwards, one of his favorite fighters to watch.

I believe you, I just wanted a story where 11 year old Lonesage got beat up by a pubescent 11 year old girl.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

Could you imagine if a trans person was not allowed to have an opinion on something involving a cis person? Or if a black man was not allowed to be critical of something white people had done? "You're not white, so your opinion doesn't count." Do you not see how stupid that line of thought is? Fucking think it through.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Let’s just use boxing then instead of UFC in our hypotheticals.

I still want to known if being a transwoman means you don’t have to register for the draft and being a transman does.